Pasonanca Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Follow the downtown Climaco Rd.(Guardia National) north and you will first come across the beginning of the airport landing strip by Gov. Camins, keep going north and you will be in the barangay of Sta. Maria. Stay on the same road and you will end up in Pasonanca.
Pasonanca Barangay Hall:
The barangay has a small building located at the top of a hill. It is an open building and everybody is welcome. The cemented uphill path to the barangay is always kept clean and bordered by greenery and flowers.
Pasonanca Tree House
Pasonanca Kiddie Pool
Pasonanca Waterfalls by Kiddie Pool
Pasonanca Boy Scout Center
Restausrants in Pasonanca
Ñor albertos restaurant pasonanca
Ñor albertos restaurant pasonanca
Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
Pasonanca is nested 500 feet above sea level, making it a great lookout point. The people of Pasonanca take special pride in the cleanliness of their barangay.
Pasonanca is also famous for it's beautiful park. It has 3 public pools. It boasts an Olympic size swimming pool, a natural flowing pool and a children's pool with water slides. There are also lots of picnic areas.
Pasonanca Park: The Pasonanca park is one of the most visited park in the Philippines. It is renowned as a tourist attraction. The boy scout of the Philippines has one of it's training centers located here. Pasonanca is a theme park for the Boy Scouts of the Philippines.
History of Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
Pasonanca became a barangay of Zamboanga city upon the enactment of Commonwealth Act No. 39, s. in 1937. It is one of the 98 Barangays of Zamboanga City.
People of Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
Approximate Population of Pasonanca based on the the 2007 is about 27,000.
Elected Government Officials of Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
Barangay Elected Officers for 2013- 2016
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Julian, Efigenio, Jr. Ebol
- Barangay Kagawad Lacastesantos, Edralin Catuya
- Barangay Kagawad Alejandro, Alfie Lalimus
- Barangay Kagawad Jones, Philip Belamide
- Barangay Kagawad Arquiza, Kzer Barrios
- Barangay Kagawad Tangon, Daisy Montesino
- Barangay Kagawad Supil, Gercel Pilanga
- Barangay Kagawad Ramoya, Concepcion Delos Reyes
Businesses in Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
- Grill 88 Cafe and Restaurant
- Antonio's Steakhouse
- Country Chicken restaurants
- The Regency Astoria convention center, dining hall, and a swimming pool.
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Pasonanca, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Religions in Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
- Holy Trinity Parish - ( Founded: 1992 ) - Picture of The catholic church of Pasonanca
- Fr. Jonathan Duka - Parish Priest
- Holy Trinity Parish - ( Founded: 1992 ) - Picture of The catholic church of Pasonanca
Schools in Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
Economy of Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
The economy of Pasonanca, Zamboanga City, Philippines is booming. There are always new construction going on.
Natural Resources of Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
The number one tourist attraction of Pasonanca is the Pasonanca Park.
Pasonanca Tree House: The pasonanca tree house is visited by thousands of visitor per year. For a minimum fee you can rent this tree house. Then you can boast to your friends that you spent the night in a tree house. It has all the amenities of a small motel room. Originally constructed to be the "Youth Citizenship Training Center" in April of 1960 with the generous assistance of the city council.
ZAMBOANGA TREE HOUSE
Pasonanca Park Tree-House
September 30, 1963
From the heart of an Acacia tree
Come these words from me to thee
In a tree-house I now stay
My third day, out Zamboanga way.
Leafy boughs frame screen-tight windows
and sky is etched in swaying palm-frond rows.
Beyond shines the Celebes Sea
while close around "my" tree
Brilliant bougainvilla reaches up to me.
The rainbow tips a bird's wing
While friendly Filipino voices sing.
In pretty Pasonanca Park
Where Tree-House living is a lark
A stream-fed pool
Invites a swim that's cool.
There's room for two
But one alone "can do"
With frig and lights
And comfort for all rites.
At dusk and dawn
A cricket combo will help you yawn.
Rare fruits tease
Sun-sweet breezes please.
How much: much No price!
It's just to be nice
To City Guests who stay
Out Zamboanga way.
But of pesos -- leave a few
La Lavandera will wash for you.
This sweet little scheme
For enchantment - whose dream?
That of Cesar Climaco, a mayor
With imagination of his mind plus hair.
For every visitor out Zamboanga Way
This my heart is glad to say.
- La Jardin de Maria Clara Lobregat is a garden park named after the late mayor Maria Clara Lobregat. The park consists of floral and butterfly species such as orchids, roses and colorful butterflies surrounding the garden. It also has an aviary park for the avian species such as parrots, turkeys, and eagles among the birds.
- The Zamboanga Convention Center is located fronting the Boy Scout Grounds, it was used for entertainment events and symposia. It has been the temporary regional office of the Department of Interior and Local Government at the basement of the convention center.
Abong-Abong Park has the Stations of the Cross, the cross atop, and the scenic view of the city are interesting spots tourists go to Abong-abong park, also known for the biggest mountain in the city, Mount Pulong Bato.
Abong Abong is a quaint mountainside community directly north of the world-renowned Pasonanca Park, and within the shadows of Pulong Bato mountain. It is a good hike from the main road, and is a beautiful contrast to the other lowland and beach communities.
It is a good idea to bring your backpacks with ample supply of water and some hiking snacks or a light meal. Don't forget your cameras for those lovely photos, and don't forget to e-mail Zamboanga.com with your photos for posting in this web site.
During the Christian holiday of Holy Week, thousands of people visit the holy cross near the top of Mt. Pulong Bato. On the way to the top about 50 to 75 meters apart are the 14 stations of the cross where the christian faithful can pray or rest.
- Freedom Park is the memorial park and burial site of the slain Mayor Cesar C. Climaco.
- The Boy Scout Grounds is a campsite for the Boy Scouts. It has an outdoor amphitheater. There are several teepees in the campground for camping. This campground is often visited by many scounting groups in the area. The Antonio M. Limbaga memorial training center is located here in Pasonanca.
Fiestas and Traditions of Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
Pasonanca celebrates it's Fiesta every ninth Sunday after Easter Sunday. Feast of the Holy Trinity.
i remember in pasonanca fiestas the road is sow trapik and there a lots of palaro in the park of pasonanca and there is a fonda in barangay hall of pasonanca
and lots of drunk people out there and the food is good
that's all thank you for reading this message am michael ryan d jayson
from brgy pasonanca km/4 ituralde dr.
Pasonanca, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Your Story about Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
You story about this barangay
my story is about the paseyo de pasonanca this place is nice place but it the background of it i saw the lots of people was get some trouble when they got sow drunk
i no there a police station there but there always respawnd sow late sow please.police mam do your duty before the area get criticle
thank you don't let this place distroy the good images
Families of Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in the barangay of Pasonanca.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Pasonanca.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Pasonanca Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Pasonanca Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.