Philippine Cycling, Race Events
If you have a yearly bicycle race in the Philippines, promote it by listing it here for free. Simply click registered user.to post the name, location and something about the race. You must be a
If you provide enough information about your race we will even create a webpage for the race for free. It is just something that we do.
Tour de Fabian
- Local race in Zamboanga City sponsored by congressman Erbie Fabian. The race starts at the boundary of Sibugay in Barangay Licomo and ends at Lobregat Highway in Barangay Culianan.
- This is a yearly event in the month of February or March
Tour de Luzon
One of the premier races in the Philippines
Tour of Matabungkay
- Base Location: Matabungkay, Lian, Batangas, Philippines
- Contact: Quin Baterna - email@example.com
- Webpage: www.swimbikerun.ph/tag/tour-of-matabungkay/
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/pages/Tour-of-Matabungkay/188365841230521
- Download registration form: http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb442/igopenterprise/Articles/TOM2012OfficialEntryForm.jpg
Tour of Matabungkay 2012
- Tour of 2012: TOUR OF MATABUNGKAY 2012 - October 19-21, 2012
- Posted from Department of Tourism - Region IV (verbatim)
9th TOUR OF MATABUNGKAY (TOM), Lian, Batangas, October 19 to 21, 2012 Running on it’s 9th year, the tradition continues as Tour of Matabungkay (TOM) brings together cyclists and cycling enthusiasts, here and abroad, in an action packed in a three-day event happening on October 19-21 in Lian, Batangas. Teams will be competing in four grueling stages. Day 1 (Oct 19) starts with two stages, a 20km Individual Time Trial on a hilly course in the morning and a challenging 70km road race climbing the slopes of Hamilo in the afternoon. Day 2 (Oct 20) is the popular 130km Payapa route and Day 4 (Oct 21) is a 40km Team Time Trial. Categories include OPEN (consists of 24 and below and those who wants to vie for any major awards), 25-35 age cat, 36-35 age cat, 46+ age cat and Women’s Open age cat. More than 120 awards will be given away this year. Powerhouse riders from over 30 amateur cycling teams nationwide and all over Asia will vie for major awards such as Magnolia Ice Cream’s King of the Mountain for the 70km and 130km road races, TOM 2012 Overall Team Champion, TOM 2012 Overall Individual Champion and the most coveted TOM 2012 Pinoy Rider of the Year.
Tour de Zamboanga
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
Cycling News: October 15, 2012 12:00 AM -- Johann Rabie times it just right in Dbn : Johann Rabie’s patience paid off as he timed his sprint from an 18-strong breakaway group to perfection to win the 2012 Amashova Durban Classic 106km road cycling race in KwaZulu-Natal on Sunday......Cycling Full Story »