Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
Barangays of Polomolok in the South Cotabato Province of The Philippines
Bentung • Cannery Site • Crossing Palkan • Glamang • Kinilis • Klinan 6 • Koronadal Proper • Lam-Caliaf • Landan • Lapu • Lumakil • Magsaysay • Maligo • Pagalungan • Palkan • Poblacion • Polo • Rubber • Silway 7 • Silway 8 • Sulit • Sumbakil • Upper Klinan
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the South Cotabato province within REGION XII (Soccsksargen) in the Republic of The Philippines
Banga | Lake Sebu | Norala | Polomolok | Santo Niño | Surallah | Tampakan | Tantangan | T'boli | Tupi
Cities in the Province of South Cotabato: General Santos City (Dadiangas) | Koronadal City (Capital)
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Official Seal of Polomolok, South Cotabato
Polomolok within South Cotabato
Location of South Cotabato
Municipality Hall of Polomolok, South Cotabato
Please upload image
Bridge by USAID, Barangay Palkan, Polomolok
Polomolok Public Market
Geography of Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
Geography of Polomolok
Location of Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
Polomolok is a suburban municipality of South Cotabato, Philippines. It is located between General Santos and Tupi. Polomolok is seated about 41.6 km (25.85 mi.) south-east of the provincial capital city of Koronadal, 17 km (10.56 mi.) north of the port city of General Santos and 1,030 km (638 mi.) south-east of the national capital, Manila. The municipality ranks 21st in the largest income earner municipalities of the Philippines.
History of Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
- article copied verbatim from the LGU of Polomolok: http://southcotabato.gov.ph/
The name Polomolok was derived from the B’laan term “FLOMLOK’ which means hunting grounds. In the early years, the place where the Poblacion is presently situated was known for its abundance of wild life. There were no roads and the lowlanders befriended the B’laan highlanders and utilized them as guides. Aside from a rich hunting ground, Polomolok had so many creeks with free flowing water coming from the hillsides. Those cool and clear flowing water encouraged foreigners to settle in this place. One of them was a Japanese trader Zenjiro Takahashi and his B’laan wife. He began clearing the area and planted agricultural crops. Not long after, some of the Christians came to settle and started to clear the area.
In 1940, the Philippines Commonwealth government embarked on a very bold program of social amelioration. One of the projects was the distribution of lands to interested people who wanted to settle in Mindanao. Settlers were brought by boat to Dadiangas from Luzon and Visayas. On November 2, 1940, Polomolok was officially opened for settlement and known as POLOMOLOK SETTLEMENT DISTRICT. Atty. Ernesto Jimenez was appointed as its first overseer. He was responsible for the allocation of farm lots. Then came the creation of some barrios of the settlers. These were Palkan, Lemblisong, Polo, Polomolok Central (now Poblacion), Polomolok Creek (now Magsaysay), Sulit, Lamcaliaf, Kinilis, Glamang, Bentung, Koronadal Proper, Leve, and Silway. The first settlers, after a crop or two, started to invite their friends and relatives to settle in this place, because the soil was so fertile that any crop can survive due to favorable climate conditions.
The settlement program was interrupted for four years by the American-Japanese War. Don Francisco Natividad was appointed Military Mayor with Datu Badung Nilong as Vice Mayor and the late Sgt. Nuevarez as Chief of Police. In 1948, the late Perfecto Balili was designated NLSA Administrator with Rosendo Sarte as Officer-In-Charge. In 1954, the NLSA was abolished in the course of government reorganization. All records of NLSA were taken over by the Board of Liquidators. The Municipality of General Santos (formerly Buayan) was incorporated. On August 21, 1957, the Municipality of Polomolok was created by virtue of a Presidential Executive Order No. 264 signed by His Excellency, President Carlos P. Garcia. It started functioning as a regular and independent municipality on September 10, 1957 as a 6th class municipality. The local officials were appointed by the President. Its first appointed Mayor was Datu Badong Nilong.
From 1957 to 1963, the progress of this town was still very slow. Fields have always been green, harvest bountiful but farm products had low market value and circulation of cash was rather slow. Then came a breakthrough, when the largest pineapple company, the Dole Philippines, Inc. was planted and inaugurated on December 7, 1963. Since then Dolefil has been the big goose that lay golden eggs for this town.
People of Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
Total Population of Polomolok
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Polomolok for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Polomolok: LUMAYAG-MATTI, HONEY (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Polomolok: JOVERO, ELIAZAR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Polomolok:
- DE LEON, ARNEL (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 25505 8.33%
- BAYAN, XAVIER (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 20732 6.77%
- ORBESIDO, GAY INDEPENDENT 19522 6.38%
- FALCON, JOSE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 18963 6.19%
- DEYPALAN, MELANI (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 18506 6.04%
- PALENCIA, BERNIE INDEPENDENT 18202 5.94%
- CABAHUG, DODONG (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 17790 5.81%
- BONTUYAN, JUDE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 17211 5.62%
- Elected officials of Polomolok for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Polomolok: Isidro Dabandan Lumayag
- Vice-Mayor of Polomolok: Eliazar Gupiteo Jovero
- Councilors of Polomolok:
Barangay Elected Officials of Polomolok, South Cotabato
Businesses in Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Polomolok.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Polomolok
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Polomolok, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
The name of your school in Polomolok can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Polomolok you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Polomolok, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Polomolok, South Cotabato" page.
Natural Resources of Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Polomolok in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Polomolok. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Polomolok landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
- Flom'lok Festival
Flom'lok is taken from the B'laan term which means "hunting grounds". The people of Polomolok celebrate this by showcasing local products and a mix of socio-cultural activities. Home to the on of the world's biggest pineapple plantations, Polomolok commemorates it's foundation from September 2 to September 16 with true South Cotabato flair.
- Pinyahan Festival
Pinyahan Festival is celebrated at Barangay Cannery Site showcasing the bountiful land of Pineapples and commemorating the Barangay's continuous growth.
- Malambuon Festival
Malambuon is a visayan word which means "progressive". The people of Barangay Poblacion celebrate this by cultural shows, agri-industrial fair and many more. As one of the Urban Barangays of Polomolok, Poblacion commemorate it's foundation in every 9th of December.
Your Story about Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
Tell your story about Polomolok. You can talk about the good things in Polomolok or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Polomolok. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Sports News of Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Polomolok? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Polomolok? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Polomolok.
- AXE Apollo Team PH trains in Space Camp
- Friday, December 6, 2013 12:01 am
- THE AXE Apollo Team Philippines arrived at the AXE Apollo Space Academy Space Camp inside the famed Kennedy Space Center in Orlando, Florida, USA with Evan Ray Datuin, Chino Roque and Ramil Santos currently undergoing a five-day astronaut training.
- Evan Ray Datuin, Chino Roque and Ramil Santos pose in front of the Rocket Garden.
- Datuin, Roque and Santos are among the 104 astronaut-hopefuls from 60 countries going through a series of briefings at the Rocket Garden that had Mercury-Redstone, Atlas and Titan rockets as spectacular backdrops...............Full Story»
News and Events
- Philippine end-Nov forex reserves at 10-month high
- Friday, December 6, 2013 5:39 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Gross international reserves jumped to a 10-month high to $84.025 billion in November, data from the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas showed.
- "The increase in reserves was due mainly to foreign exchange operations and income from investments of the BSP as well as foreign currency deposits by the Treasurer of the Philippines," the BSP said in a statement. ........Full Story»
- PH, Myanmar to agree on visa exemption
- Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:12 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – Philippine President Benigno Aquino III and Myanmar President U Thein Sein will forge a visa exemption agreement, among others, in a historic meeting between the two leaders on Thursday, December 5.
- Thein Sein arrived in the Philippines on Wednesday afternoon, December 4, for a 3-day state visit.........Full Story»
Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Polomolok.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Polomolok, South Cotabato Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:South Cotabato, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.