Quirino Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Quirino province within Region II in the Republic of The Philippines
Aglipay | Cabarroguis (Capital) | Diffun | Maddela | Nagtipunan | Saguday
Cities in the Province of Quirino: NONE
Quirino Provincial Seal
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Quirino|
Provincial Capitol Building of Quirino
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Location of Quirino, Philippines
- 16.5833° N, 121.5000° E - Quirino, Coordinates
Quirino is located ....
History of Quirino, Philippines
The youngest Province in Cagayan Valley Region II consist of only six (6) municipalities namely Cabarroguis, (its capital) Diffun, Saguday, Aglipay, Maddela and Nagtipunan. During its creation on the year 1970 it has an estimated population of 49,767. After twenty (30) years of existence, on census year 2000 it has a total population of 147,100 with a 2.50% annual growth rate.
Quirino Province acquired its juridical personality as a result of the division of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya on June 18, 1966 under R.A. 4734. It was named in the honor of the then President Elpidio A. Quirino. The municipalities of Diffun, Maddela, Saguday and Aglipay composed the newly born sub-province and the first elected Lieutenant Governor in the 1967 general elections was Hon. Jose B. Aquino.
On June 21, 1969, three years after its birth as a sub- province, R.A. 5554 was enacted amending R.A. 4734 creating the Municipality of Cabarroguis taken from portions of the municipalities of Diffun, Saguday and Aglipay. The Act was introduced and sponsored by former Congressman Floro S. Crisologo and Melanio T. Singson.
Finally, R.A. 6394 was passed on September 10, 1971 further amending R.A. No. 5554 separating the sub-province of Quirino from its mother province of Nueva Vizcaya constituting into a regular province. Hon. Leonardo B. Perez former Congressman, Senator, Chairman of the Commission on Elections and Concurrently the Political Affairs Minister and Hon. Benjamin B. Perez, former Congressman and Assemblyman for Region II at the Interim Batasang Pambansa(IBP), had worked for the passage of R.A. 6394.
A portion of this province was formerly a part of the province of Isabela which was recovered and restored to the province of Nueva Vizcaya by the late Congressman Leon Cabarroguis for which the provincial capital was named in his honor. (source of article verbatim from: www.quirinoprovince.org/?page_id=7
People of Quirino, Philippines
Total Population of Quirino
- Elected officials of Quirino for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Quirino: Junie Evangelista Cua - LIBERAL PARTY
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Quirino: May Garnace Calaunan - LIBERAL PARTY
- House Representative of Quirino:Dakila Carlo Enriquez Cua - LIBERAL PARTY
- Provincial Board Members of Quirino:
- Elected officials of Quirino for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Quirino: Junie Evangelista Cua
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Quirino: May Garnace Calaunan
- House Representative of Quirino:Dakila Carlo Enriquez Cua
- Provincial Board Members of Quirino:
- Elected officials of Quirino for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Quirino Province for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Quirino Province for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Quirino Province
Businesses in Quirino, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Quirino, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Quirino, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Quirino, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Quirino here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Quirino here.
- List the Methodist churches in Quirino here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Quirino here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Quirino here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Quirino here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Quirino here.
- List the Baptist churches in Quirino here.
Schools in Quirino, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
- Public High Schools
- Aglipay National High School - Principal: Tessie A. Duyan
- Nagabgaban Integrated School - Principal: Marlon L. Dacuso
- Pinaripad National High School - Principal: Gertrudis L. Bareng
- Victoria High School (Aglipay National High School - Victoria Annex) - Principal: Catherine V. Atchuela
- Burgos National High School - Principal: Mercedita G. Malasig
- Cabarroguis National Sat - Principal: Orlando E. Manuel
- Calaocan Integrated School - Principal: Marilyn A. Sisalbo
- Dingasan Integrated High School - Principal: Gaspar A. Binlayan
- Magsaysay National High School - Principal: Nena B. Dolor
- Quirino General High School , Main Campus - Principal: Josefina M. Parungao
- Tucod High School - Principal: Delio B. Montemayor
- Bannawag Integrated School - Principal: Luz M. Alay-Ay
- Diffun National High School - Principal: Nimfa F. Yarcia
- San Antonio Integrated School - Principal: Amelia M. Naval
- Balligui High School - Principal: Eddie L. Galutan
- Dipintin High School - Principal: Rosalinda P. Asuncion
- Divisoria Sur Integrated School - Principal: Richard Blanco
- Maddela Comp. High School - Principal: Benjamin D. Paragas
- San Martin Integrated School - Principal: Nelda P. Venturina
- Disimungal Integrated School - Principal: Emerlinda A. Dagan
- Disimungal, Nagtipunan, Quirino
- Giayan Integrated School - Principal: Dionisio A. Pagaduan
- Nagtipunan National High School - Principal: Hector S. Caluya
- Ponggo, Nagtipunan, Quirino
- Sangbay Integrated School - Principal: Quirino R. Mandac
- Sangbay, Nagtipunan, Quirino
- Wasid Integrated High School - Principal: Dante P. Taipan
- Wasid, Nagtipunan, Quirino
- Saguday National High School - Principal: Regina S. Carbonel
Economy of Quirino, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Quirino you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Quirino, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Quirino, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Quirino Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Quirino, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Quirino, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Quirino in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Quirino. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Quirino landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Quirino, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Quirino.
- PH GDP grew 6.1% in 2014, 6.9% in 4th quarter
- Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:43 am
- MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine economy grew by 6.1 percent in 2014, slower than the 7.2-percent expansion posted in 2013, the National Economic and Development Authority announced on Thursday.
- The 2014 figure was below the government’s goal of 6.5-7.5 percent growth, but within the 6-7 percent range that economic managers had said was more “realistic.” ......................... Full Story»
- PSEi hits new high of 7,661.18
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:30 pm
- THE local stock barometer surged to another record high on Wednesday ahead of the release of Philippine year-end economic data and the closely-watched US Federal Reserve (US Fed) meeting.
- Gaining for the fourth straight session, the Philippine Stock Exchange index added 30.61 points or 0.4 percent to close at 7,661.18, setting a new milestone for both closing and intra-day peak levels ......................... Full Story»
- Pacman, Floyd meet, swap numbers
- Thursday, January 29, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao finally came face to face yesterday – in a basketball game in the United States.
- The two boxing superstars were at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida to watch the Heat play the Milwaukee Bucks ................................ Full Story»
Quirino Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|3405||Nagtipunan (Abbag)||Quirino Province|
Quirino, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015: LE Tour de Filipinas (LtDF) breaks decades of summer tradition but returns to a familiar and historic culminating stage as it holds its sixth edition in 2015, highlighting 60 years of the Tour in the country. From the traditional schedule that made the Tour the country’s summer sports spectacle on wheels for two generations, the 2015 LtDF kicks off February 1 and ends February 4 again atop the Cordilleras at the Burnham Park in Baguio City. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Quirino.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Quirino, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Quirino Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.