Quirino Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Quirino province within Region II in the Republic of The Philippines
Aglipay | Cabarroguis (Capital) | Diffun | Maddela | Nagtipunan | Saguday
Cities in the Province of Quirino: NONE
Quirino Provincial Seal
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Quirino|
Provincial Capitol Building of Quirino
Location of Quirino, Philippines
Quirino is located ....
History of Quirino, Philippines
The youngest Province in Cagayan Valley Region II consist of only six (6) municipalities namely Cabarroguis, (its capital) Diffun, Saguday, Aglipay, Maddela and Nagtipunan. During its creation on the year 1970 it has an estimated population of 49,767. After twenty (30) years of existence, on census year 2000 it has a total population of 147,100 with a 2.50% annual growth rate.
Quirino Province acquired its juridical personality as a result of the division of the Province of Nueva Vizcaya on June 18, 1966 under R.A. 4734. It was named in the honor of the then President Elpidio A. Quirino. The municipalities of Diffun, Maddela, Saguday and Aglipay composed the newly born sub-province and the first elected Lieutenant Governor in the 1967 general elections was Hon. Jose B. Aquino.
On June 21, 1969, three years after its birth as a sub- province, R.A. 5554 was enacted amending R.A. 4734 creating the Municipality of Cabarroguis taken from portions of the municipalities of Diffun, Saguday and Aglipay. The Act was introduced and sponsored by former Congressman Floro S. Crisologo and Melanio T. Singson.
Finally, R.A. 6394 was passed on September 10, 1971 further amending R.A. No. 5554 separating the sub-province of Quirino from its mother province of Nueva Vizcaya constituting into a regular province. Hon. Leonardo B. Perez former Congressman, Senator, Chairman of the Commission on Elections and Concurrently the Political Affairs Minister and Hon. Benjamin B. Perez, former Congressman and Assemblyman for Region II at the Interim Batasang Pambansa(IBP), had worked for the passage of R.A. 6394.
A portion of this province was formerly a part of the province of Isabela which was recovered and restored to the province of Nueva Vizcaya by the late Congressman Leon Cabarroguis for which the provincial capital was named in his honor. (source of article verbatim from: www.quirinoprovince.org/?page_id=7
People of Quirino, Philippines
Total Population of Quirino
- Elected officials of Quirino for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Quirino: Junie Evangelista Cua - LIBERAL PARTY
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Quirino: May Garnace Calaunan - LIBERAL PARTY
- House Representative of Quirino:Dakila Carlo Enriquez Cua - LIBERAL PARTY
- Provincial Board Members of Quirino:
- Elected officials of Quirino for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Quirino: Junie Evangelista Cua
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Quirino: May Garnace Calaunan
- House Representative of Quirino:Dakila Carlo Enriquez Cua
- Provincial Board Members of Quirino:
- Elected officials of Quirino for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Quirino Province for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Quirino Province for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Quirino Province
Businesses in Quirino, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Quirino.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Quirino
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Quirino, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Quirino, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Quirino, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Quirino here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Quirino here.
- List the Methodist churches in Quirino here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Quirino here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Quirino here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Quirino here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Quirino here.
- List the Baptist churches in Quirino here.
Schools in Quirino, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014
- Public High Schools
- Aglipay National High School - Principal: Tessie A. Duyan
- Nagabgaban Integrated School - Principal: Marlon L. Dacuso
- Pinaripad National High School - Principal: Gertrudis L. Bareng
- Victoria High School (Aglipay National High School - Victoria Annex) - Principal: Catherine V. Atchuela
- Burgos National High School - Principal: Mercedita G. Malasig
- Cabarroguis National Sat - Principal: Orlando E. Manuel
- Calaocan Integrated School - Principal: Marilyn A. Sisalbo
- Dingasan Integrated High School - Principal: Gaspar A. Binlayan
- Magsaysay National High School - Principal: Nena B. Dolor
- Quirino General High School , Main Campus - Principal: Josefina M. Parungao
- Tucod High School - Principal: Delio B. Montemayor
- Bannawag Integrated School - Principal: Luz M. Alay-Ay
- Diffun National High School - Principal: Nimfa F. Yarcia
- San Antonio Integrated School - Principal: Amelia M. Naval
- Balligui High School - Principal: Eddie L. Galutan
- Dipintin High School - Principal: Rosalinda P. Asuncion
- Divisoria Sur Integrated School - Principal: Richard Blanco
- Maddela Comp. High School - Principal: Benjamin D. Paragas
- San Martin Integrated School - Principal: Nelda P. Venturina
- Disimungal Integrated School - Principal: Emerlinda A. Dagan
- Disimungal, Nagtipunan, Quirino
- Giayan Integrated School - Principal: Dionisio A. Pagaduan
- Nagtipunan National High School - Principal: Hector S. Caluya
- Ponggo, Nagtipunan, Quirino
- Sangbay Integrated School - Principal: Quirino R. Mandac
- Sangbay, Nagtipunan, Quirino
- Wasid Integrated High School - Principal: Dante P. Taipan
- Wasid, Nagtipunan, Quirino
- Saguday National High School - Principal: Regina S. Carbonel
Economy of Quirino, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Quirino you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Quirino, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Quirino, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Quirino Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Quirino, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Quirino, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Quirino in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Quirino. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Quirino landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Quirino, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Quirino.
- 2015 is ‘Visit Philippines year’
- Thursday, April 24, 2014
- The Philippine tourism sector is gearing up for 2015 as “Visit Philippines year” (VPY 2015) which was declared by Department of Tourism (DOT) during the 17th Meeting of ASEAN Tourism Ministers, a part of activities in ASEAN Tourism Forum (ATF) in Sarawak, Malaysia, on January 16-24, 2014. VPY 2015 will coincide with the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Ministerial Meetings and Leaders’ Summit in 2015 and a preparation for the country’s hosting of ATF in 2016.
- DOT is drawing up a calendar of events for VPY 2015 to include a mix of exceptional work of Filipinos in painting and graphic arts, cinema, performing arts such as dance, music, and theater, as well as unveil more historic treasures, national wonders, breathtaking adventures, exquisite products, and ecotourism activities, for visitors to come and enjoy the promise of “more fun in the Philippines.” ....................... Full Story»
- IFC, Phl to ramp up green buildings project
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:15 pm
- MANILA, Philippines — International Finance Corp., a member of the World Bank Group, is stepping up its work with the Philippine government to expand the development of green buildings.
- IFC is also conducting technical studies that will be used in drafting laws requiring new buildings to reduce electricity use. These measures will help the country cut the greenhouse-gas emissions of new buildings by 20 percent annually. ....................... Full Story»
- Power Pinays out of Asian Club tilt
- Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - PLDT Home TVolution Philippines took a stinging 25-7, 25-13, 25-12 defeat from title contender Hisamitsu Spring Japan to bow out of the 2014 Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand yesterday.
- The Power Pinays, who made it to the quarters by finishing fourth in the six-team Group B with a 2-3 (win-loss) record, proved no match to the power-hitting Japanese, falling to the consolation pool ....................... Full Story»
Quirino Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|3405||Nagtipunan (Abbag)||Quirino Province|
Quirino, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Quirino.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Quirino, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Quirino Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.