Samal, Bataan, Philippines
Barangays of Samal in the Bataan province of the Philippines
East Calaguiman (Pob.) • East Daang Bago (Pob.) • Gugo • Ibaba (Pob.) • Imelda • Lalawigan • Palili • San Juan (Pob.) • San Roque (Pob.) • Santa Lucia • Sapa • Tabing Ilog • West Calaguiman (Pob.) • West Daang Bago (Pob.)
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with informaton updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Bataan Province of The Philippines
Abucay | Bagac | Dinalupihan | Hermosa | Limay | Mariveles | Morong | Orani | Orion | Pilar | Samal
Cities of Bataan: City Of Balanga (Capital)
Seal of the Municipality of Samal
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Samal Bataan, Philippines|
Samal Bataan Map Locator
Bataan within the Philippines
Municipality Hall of Samal
Catholic Church of Samal
New Public Market of Samal
Kiara Ricci Pharmacy, Samal
Richtown Subdivision of Samal
Samal Rural Health Unit
- Samal has a total of 14 barangays
- Registered Voters of Samal as of (2010) = 20,357
- Samal is in the "1st" Voting Congressional District of Bataan.
- Population of Samal (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 33,867
- Land Area of Samal (as of 2007, in hectares) = 5,630
- Samal is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Samal is in the Bataan province and within Region_III in the western part of Central Luzon.
Geography of Samal, Bataan, Philippines
Geography of Samal
Location of Samal, Bataan, Philippines
- article taken from the LGU of Samal verbatim
Samal is located at the eastern side of Bataan, It is bounded on the north by the municipality of Orani, the south by Abucay, on the west by Mt. Natib and Manila Bay on the east. It is 114 kilometers away from Manila.
It is composed largely of uplands and hills covering approximately eighty percent (80%) of its whole area. The lowlands and plains, which comprise approximately twenty percent (20%) of the land area, are generally flat, gently rising towards the hills.
The total population is 24,560 as of 1995 with 4,858 households.
Samal abounds with agricultural produce such as palay, corn, vegetable, fruits rootcrops, coffee and cutflowers. Livestock, poultry and aquatic resources such as shellfish, crabs, prawns, shrimps and different species of fish are also available in the area.
History of Samal, Bataan, Philippines
A group of Spaniards were on their way to this town by boat when their attention was attracted by something floating on the water. With unusual curiosity, they looked at the floating object. Each one of the Spaniards asked the natives who were with them what the name of the floating object was. The native answered "samel", which meant that it was a covering that is attached to the banca to protect the passengers from the hot sun or from rain. This covering was made of nipa leaves and woven together. The Spaniards repeated, "samel, samel" after the natives. Ever since that time, the town has always been called Samal.
Founded as a municipality on April 20, 1941, under the patron Saint Catherine of Sienna. The town's colorful share of historical upheavals is best remembered by its gallant heroes that chose to die honorably and courageously for the sake of freedom.
The town has pioneered in different kinds of businesses. The first ice plant was constructed in this town under the management of Joaquin Ma. Joson, a prominent businessman in Bataan. Wooden shoe ("bakya") making in this province was first started in Samal. Industrialization came with the establishment of the first pulp mills in the country - the Bataan Pulp and Paper Mills, Inc. situated in the scenic slope of Mt. Natib.
Samal is the only town in Bataan which has manufactured arrow root flour through native processes. This flour is made into biscuits/cookies called "araro" which are native delicacies perfect to "pasalubong"
This town is also endowed with rich marine aquatic resources and highly productive farmlands.
- article about history taken from the LGU of Samal verbatim
People of Samal, Bataan, Philippines
- Registered Voters of Samal as of (2010) = 20,357
- Samal is in the "1st" Voting Congressional District of Bataan.
- Population of Samal (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 33,867
- Elected Government officials of Samal for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Generosa Malibiran Dela Fuente
- Vice-Mayor: Emmanuel Rodriguez Cortez
Barangay Elected Officials of Samal, Bataan, Philippines
Businesses in Samal, Bataan, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Samal.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Samal
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- If you have real estate property for sale in Samal, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Samal, Bataan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Samal, Bataan, Philippines
The name of your school in Samal can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Samal, Bataan, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Samal you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Samal, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Samal, Bataan, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Samal, Bataan" page.
Natural Resources of Samal, Bataan, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Samal, Bataan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Samal in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Samal. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Samal landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Samal, Bataan, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Samal.
Samal, Bataan supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
Your Story about Samal, Bataan, Philippines
Tell your story about Samal. You can talk about the good things in Samal or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Samal. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Samal.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Samal, Bataan Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Bataan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Samal, Bataan, Philippines]]