San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
San Lorenzo Guimaras Official Seal
Please upload picture
San Lorenzo, Guimaras Province
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Guimaras|
Guimaras Province within The Philippines
San Lorenzo Guimaras Municipal Hall
Please upload picture
- San Lorenzo has a total of 12 barangays.
- Registered Voters of San Lorenzo as of (2010) = 13,255
- San Lorenzo is in the "LONE" Voting Congressional District of Guimaras.
- Population of San Lorenzo (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 22,319
- Land Area of San Lorenzo (as of 2007, in hectares) = 9,304
- San Lorenzo is a 5th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- San Lorenzo is in the Guimaras province and within Region VI in the western part of the Visayan Islands.
Geography of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
Geography of San Lorenzo
Location of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
San Lorenzo is located ....
History of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
The beginning of San Lorenzo
People of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
Total Population of San Lorenzo
Sports News of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of San Lorenzo? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in San Lorenzo? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in San Lorenzo.
- Le Tour serves as Incheon Asiad qualifier
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The 2014 Le Tour de Filipinas firing off Monday in Clark, Pampanga will serve as part of the eliminations for members of the national team vying in this year’s Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea.
- According to PhilCycling president, Tagaytay City Rep. Abraham “Bambol” Tolentino, the top Filipino finishers in the 2014 Le Tour de Filipinas will have one wheel into the national pool for the Asian Games set from Sept. 19-Oct. 4 ....................... Full Story»
News and Events
- Remittances up 6% in Feb
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Remittances continued to rise in February amid sustained demand for Filipinos abroad, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) said yesterday.
- Personal remittances – consisting of cash and non-cash – went up six percent to $1.994 billion in February, bringing the two-month figure to $3.996 billion ....................... Full Story»
- PH airlines stand to gain much from FAA upgrade
- Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:14 am
- Now that the Philippines has regained its Category 1 status from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), expect the local airlines to reap the benefits of flying to more destinations in the United States, aviation consultancy CAPA Center for Aviation said in a report.
- The Category 1 safety rating was granted last week by the FAA six years after the Philippines satisfied the US agency’s requirements. The previous Category 2 prevented Philippine carriers operating in the US from expanding operations and blocked the entry of new players ....................... Full Story»
Local Government Unit LGU of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of San Lorenzo for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of San Lorenzo: GAJO, JIMMY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of San Lorenzo: FERNANDEZ, MELING (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of San Lorenzo:
- RENTOY, NELLY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 4151 9.10%
- LALOY, JOCELYN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3865 8.47%
- TACADAO, WEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3598 7.88%
- GALEA, LINO INDEPENDENT 3575 7.83%
- GAREZA, BOY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3392 7.43%
- GARGANERA, JUN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3310 7.25%
- CORDERO, JUN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3167 6.94%
- GARGANERA, ALEX (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 2771 6.07%
- Elected officials of San Lorenzo for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of San Lorenzo: Jimmy Octaviano Gajo
- Vice-Mayor of San Lorenzo: Romulo Aguilar Galfo
- Councilors of San Lorenzo:
Barangays Elected Officials of San Lorenzo, Guimaras
Businesses in San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in San Lorenzo.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in San Lorenzo
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in San Lorenzo, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
The name of your school in San Lorenzo can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Lorenzo you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of San Lorenzo, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Lorenzo in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of San Lorenzo. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Lorenzo landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of San Lorenzo.
Your Story about San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines
Tell your story about San Lorenzo. You can talk about the good things in San Lorenzo or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of San Lorenzo. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
San Lorenzo, Guimaras, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Pictures of San Lorenzo
- Click HERE to view more PHOTOS about San Lorenzo.
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.