San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Barangays of San Miguel, in the Zamboanga del Sur Province, Philippines
Betinan • Bulawan • Calube • Concepcion • Dao-an • Dumalian • Fatima • Langilan • Lantawan • Laperian • Libuganan • Limonan • Mati • Ocapan • Poblacion • San Isidro • Sayog • Tapian
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Municipalities in the Zamboanga Del Sur Province within Region IX in Republic of The Philippines
Aurora • Bayog • Dimataling • Dinas • Dumalinao • Dumingag • Guipos • Josefina • Kumalarang • Labangan • Lakewood • Lapuyan • Mahayag • Margosatubig • Midsalip • Molave • Pitogo • Ramon Magsaysay • San Miguel • San Pablo • Sominot • Tabina • Tambulig • Tigbao • Tukuran • Vincenzo A. Sagun
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur: Pagadian City
Seal of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur|
Location of San Miguel within Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga del Sur Map Locator
Municipaltiy Hall of San Miguel
- San Miguel has a total of 18 barangays
- Registered Voters of San Miguel as of (2010) = 10,438
- San Miguel is in the 2nd Voting District of Zamboanga del Sur
- Population of San Miguel (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 16,981
- Land Area of San Miguel (as of 2007, in hectares) = 18,159
- San Miguel is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- San Miguel is in the Zamboanga del Sur province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
San Miguel Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 18,159
Location of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- San Miguel is in the Zamboanga del Sur province.
- Zamboanga del Sur is within Region IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The beginning of San Miguel
People of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- San Miguel Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 16,981
- San Miguel Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 10,438
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of San Miguel for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of San Miguel: Angelito Loquias Martinez II -NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of San Miguel: Celso Tumatal Otero - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Councilors of San Miguel:
- OCAPAN, EX (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4519 8.03%
- FELICIA, LOLONG (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4329 7.69%
- DELA PEÑA, DENDEN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4299 7.64%
- TUMATAL, JIJI (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4192 7.45%
- URO, CARLOS SR. (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4172 7.42%
- RUBIO, JAIME (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4166 7.40%
- BARRI, CORO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4140 7.36%
- QUIÑONES, RENE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3916 6.96%
- Elected officials of San Miguel for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of San Miguel: Maria Fe Mahinay Pitogo
- Vice-Mayor of San Miguel: Catalino Anggot Adapon
- Councilors of San Miguel:
Barangay Elected Officials of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur
Businesses in San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in San Miguel. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in San Miguel
- Auto, Truck, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, and Financial Institutions in San Miguel
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Medical Supplies or Drug Stores
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet (fish, meat & vegetable) market
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses. Boarding houses, and Resorts
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops in San Miguel
- Salons, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate for Sale or lease in San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in San Miguel, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your school in San Miguel can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Miguel you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of San Miguel, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within San Miguel Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in San Miguel Zamboanga del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Miguel in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of San Miguel. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Miguel landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of San Miguel.
Your Story about San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Tell your story about San Miguel. You can talk about the good things in San Miguel or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of San Miguel. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of San Miguel? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for San Miguel.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:San Miguel Zamboanga del Sur Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[San Miguel, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.