San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Barangays of Hinunangan in the Southern Leyte Province of The Philippines
Ambacon • Badiangon • Bangcas A • Bangcas B • Biasong • Bugho • Calag-itan • Calayugan • Calinao • Canipaan • Catublian • Ilaya • Ingan • Labrador • Libas • Lumbog • Manalog • Manlico • Matin-ao • Nava • Nueva Esperanza • Otama • Palongpong • Panalaron • Patong • Poblacion • Pondol • Salog • Salvacion • San Pablo Island • San Pedro Island • Santo Niño I • Santo Niño II • Tahusan • Talisay • Tawog • Toptop • Tuburan • Union • Upper Bantawon
San Pedro Island Barangay Seal Picture
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Southern Leyte|
Southern Leyte Province within The Philippines
San Pedro Island Barangay Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Location of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- San Pedro Island is one of the Barangays of Hinunangan.
- Hinunangan is in the Province of Southern Leyte
- The province of Southern Leyte is in Region 8 – Eastern Visayas Region.
History of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Contribute your knowledge about the history of San Pedro Island
People of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Total Population of San Pedro Island
Elected Government Officials of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- Elected San Pedro Island Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Southern Leyte, Hinunangan, San Pedro Island, Punong Barangay (Chairman), Sanny T Matunog
- Southern Leyte, Hinunangan, San Pedro Island, Kagawad 1, Rosalinda A Mangawang
- Southern Leyte, Hinunangan, San Pedro Island, Kagawad 2, Marcelino E Batestil
- Southern Leyte, Hinunangan, San Pedro Island, Kagawad 3, Irene M Matilac
- Southern Leyte, Hinunangan, San Pedro Island, Kagawad 4, Cris M Honor
- Southern Leyte, Hinunangan, San Pedro Island, Kagawad 5, Marcelino S Caña
- Southern Leyte, Hinunangan, San Pedro Island, Kagawad 6, Marissa L Sumacot
- Southern Leyte, Hinunangan, San Pedro Island, Kagawad 7, Zeger M Bagood
- Southern Leyte, Hinunangan, San Pedro Island, SK Chairman, Michael Gabriel E Cruzada
Businesses in San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in San Pedro Island.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Take a picture of your Business in San Pedro Island. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in San Pedro Island
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in San Pedro Island, you can list that property for FOR FREE.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The schools in San Pedro Island
Economy of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Pedro Island. This will help boost the local economy of San Pedro Island. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Pedro Island landmarks here.
- Places to see in San Pedro Island:
Fiestas and Traditions of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Fiesta date of San Pedro Island
Your Story about San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Tell your story about San Pedro Island. You can talk about the good things in San Pedro Island or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of San Pedro Island. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in San Pedro Island? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in San Pedro Island. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of San Pedro Island? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in San Pedro Island? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in San Pedro Island.
- San Andres cited by PSA as rider of the year
- Monday, March 2, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Multi-titled Kenneth San Andres’ status as the country’s No. 1 rider was reaffirmed by the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) during rites at the 1Esplanade recently.
- San Andres, backed by Kawasaki, Motul Philippines, Oakley Philippines, Fox Racing, Go Pro, Leatt Neck Brace, Pro Taper, Bell Helmet, Bridgestone Tires, Polisport, Foilacar Industries, Kia Global, Laus Auto Group, R33 Car Exchange, Xotics Carwash, Halrey, GCG Pipe, JBS Motorcycle Parts, JM Stickers and GM Mark Lapid, earned his eighth straight Rider of the Year title from the National Motorcycle Sports and Safety Association ................................. Full Story»
News and Events
- PSEi firms up above 7,700
- Monday, March 2, 2015 5:55 pm
- THE LOCAL stock barometer snapped out of a two-day pullback to firm up above 7,700 on Monday on selective buying of large-cap stocks.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index gained 43.35 points or 0.56 percent to close at 7,773.92, reversing losses in morning trade. Across the region, Asian stocks were mostly higher following China’s interest rate cut over the weekend ........................ Full Story»
- Prince and Grand Master of Sovereign Order of Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing to undertake official visit to the PH
- Sunday, March 1, 2015
- MANILA, March 1 -- The Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta (short: Sovereign Order of Malta), Fra’ Matthew Festing, will undertake an Official Visit to the Philippines from March 01 to 07, the Department of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
- This visit will affirm the commitment of the Philippines and SOM in further strengthening bilateral relations at the highest level, especially as this year marks the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the Philippines and SOM ........................ Full Story»
Why Z-Wiki San Pedro Island, Hinunangan?
We want to give the people of San Pedro Island the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of San Pedro Island is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of San Pedro Island participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to San Pedro Island.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for San Pedro Island.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:San Pedro Island, Hinunangan Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Southern Leyte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[San Pedro Island, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines]]