Santa Rosa City, Laguna, Philippines
List of Barangays in Santa Rosa City in the Laguna Province, Philippines
Aplaya | Balibago | Caingin | Dila | Dita | Don Jose | Ibaba | Kanluran | Labas | Macabling | Malitlit | Malusak | Market Area | Pook | Pulong Santa Cruz | Santo Domingo | Sinalhan | Tagapo
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Laguna Province within Region IV-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Alaminos || Bay || Calauan || Cavinti || Famy || Kalayaan || Liliw || Los Baños || Luisiana || Lumban || Mabitac || Magdalena || Majayjay || Nagcarlan || Paete || Pagsanjan || Pakil || Pangil || Pila || Rizal || San Pedro || Santa Cruz (Capital) || Santa Maria || Siniloan || Victoria
Cities in the province of Laguna: Biñan || Cabuyao || Calamba City || San Pablo City || Santa Rosa City
Santa Rosa City, Philippines
Santa Rosa City is the
Geography of Santa Rosa City, Philippines
Land Area of Santa Rosa City (as of 2007, in hectares)= 5,484
Location of Santa Rosa City, Philippines
History of Santa Rosa City, Philippines
The municipality of Santa Rosa was founded in January 15, 1792. During the revolutionary period, the town was instrumental in the proclamation of Philippine independence from Spain when it signed the Act of Independence on June 12, 1898. Later on the town's local revolutionaries fought alongside the forces of Pio del Pilar during the Philippine-American War. The town was left abandoned by the Japanese soldiers when the local guerrilla resistance movement, with support from the American and Filipino military contingent, entered the town proper, where skirmishes, torture, and deaths occurred.
During the post-war era, until the 1970s, the townspeople were largely dependent on basic agriculture and family-owned enterprises for livelihood. The influence of industrialization slowly took shape in the 1980s with the entry of local and foreign investors who were instrumental in the fast-pace economic and social transformation of the town and the province.
June 30, 1987 Roberto Gonzalez took his oath and become the first mayor of Santa Rosa after winning the election. July 10, 2004 Santa Rosa became a city by virtue of Republic Act No. 9264, which was ratified by the citizens.
People of Santa Rosa City, Philippines
- Population of Santa Rosa City (as of Aug 1, 2007 census)= 266,943
- Registered Voters of Santa Rosa City per the COMELEC as of (2010)= 150,103
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Santa Rosa City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Santa Rosa City: Arlene Bawan Arcillas-Nazareno - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Santa Rosa City: Arnel De La Cruz Gomez - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Santa Rosa City:
- AALA, MA. THERESA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 49530 8.25%
- ALGABRE, LUISITO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 49100 8.18%
- CENDAÑA, MYTHOR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 43862 7.30%
- PUZON, ERIC (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 42985 7.16%
- LASERNA, ANTONIA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 42684 7.11%
- CAMACLANG, PAULINO JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 40566 6.75%
- FACTORIZA, PETRONIO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 37441 6.23%
- CARVAJAL, RAYMOND RYAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 37276 6.21%
- TIONGCO, EDWARD FERNANDITO(LP) LIBERAL PARTY 35151 5.85%
- CARTA, LAUDEMER (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 34616 5.76%
- Elected officials of Santa Rosa City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Santa Rosa City: Arlene Bawan Arcillas-Nazareno
- Vice-Mayor of Santa Rosa City: Arnel De La Cruz Gomez
- Councilors of Santa Rosa City:
Barangay Elected Officials of Santa Rosa City, Laguna
Businesses in Santa Rosa City, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Santa Rosa City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Santa Rosa City
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Santa Rosa City
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Santa Rosa City
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Santa Rosa City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Santa Rosa City, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Santa Rosa City, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Santa Rosa City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Santa Rosa City, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Santa Rosa City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Santa Rosa City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
The economy of Santa Rosa was boosted by the Coca-Cola, Toyota Motor Company, Nissan Motors Co, Honda Motor Co., Isuzu Motors Ltd., and Mitsubishi manufacturing plants in its industrial estates. The addition of the Enchanted Kingdom, a local theme park, as well as several housing developments also improved the economy.
If you have a job available and that job is within Santa Rosa City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Santa Rosa City" page.
Natural Resources of Santa Rosa City, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Santa Rosa City, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Santa Rosa City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Santa Rosa City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Santa Rosa City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Santa Rosa City, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Santa Rosa City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Australia gives additional AUD 10-Million humanitarian assistance to the Philippines
- Monday, December 9, 2013
- TACLOBAN CITY, Leyte, Dec. 9 -- The Australian government has extended an additional AUD 10-million worth of humanitarian assistance to the Philippines in aid of its continuing post- Yolanda relief and rehabilitation efforts, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop announced Sunday.
- Bishop was in town to assess the damage caused by super typhoon "Yolanda" (Haiyan) in the area. She has met with the Australian medical team here as well as the Australian defense forces who are conducting clearing operations in Ormoc City.........Full Story»
- Phl to host SEAsia food show in June
- Sunday, December 8, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines is hosting in June next year the Salon International de l’Agroalimentaire (SIAL) food exhibition, one of the largest food shows in Southeast Asia.
- The Department of Agriculture, one of the sponsors of the event, said the trade show would provide an opportunity for agribusinesses to showcase their export products.........Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Milo run leads to Paris for Vertek, Tabal
- Monday, December 9, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Long-distance specialist Eduardo “Vertek” Buenavista had seen Paris when he represented the Philippines in the 2003 World Championships.
- On the other hand, Mary Joy Tabal has never been there. She doesn’t really know much about the city, considered as the most romantic place in the world...............Full Story»
Your Story about Santa Rosa City, Philippines
Tell your story about Santa Rosa City. You can talk about the good things in Santa Rosa City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Santa Rosa City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Santa Rosa City, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Santa Rosa City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Santa Rosa City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Laguna, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Santa Rosa City, Laguna, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.