Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
List of Barangays in Santiago City, Province of Isabela within Region 2 in the Republic of The Philippines
Abra • Ambalatungan • Balintocatoc • Baluarte • Bannawag Norte • Batal • Buenavista • Cabulay • Calao East • Calao West • Calaocan • Centro East • Centro West • Divisoria • Dubinan East • Dubinan West • Luna • Mabini • Malvar • Nabbuan • Naggasican • Patul • Plaridel • Rizal • Rosario • Sagana • Salvador • San Andres • San Isidro • San Jose • Santa Rosa • Sinili • Sinsayon • Victory Norte • Victory Sur • Villa Gonzaga • Villasis
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Isabela province within Region II-Cagayan in the Republic of The Philippines
Alicia | Angadanan | Aurora | Benito Soliven | Burgos | Cabagan | Cabatuan | Cordon | Dinapigue | Divilacan | Echague | Gamu | Jones | Luna | Maconacon | Delfin Albano | Mallig | Naguilian | Palanan | Quezon | Quirino | Ramon | Reina Mercedes | Roxas | San Agustin | San Guillermo | San Isidro | San Manuel | San Mariano | San Mateo | San Pablo | Santa Maria | Santo Tomas | Tumauini
Cities in the province of Isabela: Cauayan City | Ilagan City (Capital) | Santiago City
Seal of Santiago City
Santiago City Map Locator
CALVARY HILLS Balintucatoc, Santiago City, Isabela
Dilapidated welcome sign of Santiago City
City Hall of Santiago City
Geography of Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
- The geographic coordinate of the city: 16º35’00” to 16º47’30” north latitude and 121º25’00” to 121º37’00” east longitude.
- Most of the land area of Santiago City is flat land in the eastern and western parts of the city. There are some rolling hills with Balintocatoc Hills as the highest point.
- Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 25,550
Location of Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
History of Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
The beginning of Santiago City
People of Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
- Santiago City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 126,244
- Santiago City Registered Voters (2009) = 77,674
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officials of Santiago City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Santiago City: TAN, JOSEPH - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Santiago City: Marcelino Cinense Cabucana Jr. - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Santiago City:
- ALVAREZ, ARLENE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 31216 6.64%
- SIQUIAN, CELINE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 24263 5.16%
- LUGOD, PANDONG (AKSYON) AKSYON DEMOKRATIKO 23825 5.07%
- AGGABAO, VINCHY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 22690 4.83%
- MARRERO, AYSEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 20868 4.44%
- SABLE, KATHRINA INDEPENDENT 20835 4.43%
- BAUTISTA, NICKY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 20656 4.39%
- ALVAREZ, HEX (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 20520 4.37%
- DIRIGE, ANDONG (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 17071 3.63%
- RAGSAC-LUNA, BRENDA (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 16975 3.61%
- Elected Officials of Santiago City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Santiago City: Amelita Sison Navarro
- Vice-Mayor of Santiago City: Alvin Navarro Abaya
- Councilors of Santiago City:
Barangay Elected Officials of Santiago City, Isabela
Businesses in Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Santiago City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Take a picture of your Business in Santiago City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Santiago City
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Brngy, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Santiago City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Santiago City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Santiago City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Santiago City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Santiago City" page.
Natural Resources of Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Santiago City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Santiago City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Santiago City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Santiago City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Asean economies to grow 4.3% this year – Moody’s Analytics
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Southeast Asian economies including the Philippines are expected to grow below trend this year but Moody’s Analytics said improving global conditions and stronger consumer spending will lift growth in 2015.
- In a report, the research firm said it expects the economies of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to grow by 4.3 percent this year and above five percent next year ........................ Full Story»
- Recovery of imports seen in Q3
- Monday, September 1, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Merchandise imports would likely recover in the third quarter following a contraction in June and May, the research arm of Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. said.
- “Coming from a second quarter decline, expect figures to improve in the third quarter given the country’s import season,” Mabellene Reynaldo, research analyst at the bank, said in a report ........................ Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Phl cops 5 golds in World Dragon Boat
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Team Philippines paddled its way to podium finishes in the 2,000-meter distance races Sunday to finish their campaign in the ICF Dragon Boat World Championships in Poznan, Poland with five golds, three silvers and three bronzes.
- The Filipinos took the bronze in the senior men’s 10-seater, logging 9:57’66 behind champion Poland (9:47’15) and runner-up Russia (9:47’59) in the last day of action at Malta Regatta Course ............................. Full Story»
Your Story about Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines
Tell your story about Santiago City. You can talk about the good things in Santiago City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Santiago City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Santiago City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Isabela, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Santiago City, Isabela, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.