Shariff Kabunsuan Province, Philippines
Abra • Agusan del Norte • Agusan del Sur • Aklan • Albay • Antique • Apayao • Aurora • Basilan • Bataan • Batanes • Batangas • Benguet • Biliran • Bohol • Bukidnon • Bulacan • Cagayan • Camarines Norte • Camarines Sur • Camiguin • Capiz • Catanduanes • Cavite • Cebu • Compostela Valley • Cotabato • Davao del Norte • Davao del Sur • Davao Oriental • Dinagat Island • Eastern Samar • Guimaras • Ifugao • Ilocos Norte • Ilocos Sur • Iloilo • Isabela • Kalinga • La Union • Laguna • Lanao del Norte • Lanao del Sur • Leyte • Maguindanao • Marinduque • Masbate • Mindoro Occidental • Mindoro Oriental • Misamis Occidental • Misamis Oriental • Mountain • Negros Occidental • Negros Oriental • Northern Samar • Nueva Ecija • Nueva Vizcaya • Palawan • Pampanga • Pangasinan • Quezon • Quirino • Rizal • Romblon • Samar • Sarangani • Shariff Kabunsuan • Siquijor • Sorsogon • South Cotabato • Southern Leyte • Sultan Kudarat • Sulu • Surigao del Norte • Surigao del Sur • Tarlac • Tawi-Tawi • Zambales • Zamboanga del Norte • Zamboanga del Sur • Zamboanga Sibugay
Province of Shariff Kabunsuan, Philippines Shariff Kabunsuan Province, Philippines - Included in October 29, 2006. However On July 17, 2008, the Supreme Court, in Sema v. Comelec declared the creation of the province of Shariff Kabunsuan void and ruled that the power of ARMM’s legislature to create provinces and cities is unconstitutional.
- PH-Germany social security accord eyed
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Berlin -- The Philippines and Germany are eyeing a bilateral social security agreement next year that seeks to benefit at least 60,000 Filipinos working in the European Union-member country.
- Philippine Ambassador to Germany Maria Cleofe Natividad said both parties have expressed interest to work towards the signing of bilateral social security agreement..........Full Story
- PH stocks seen to rise
- Monday, May 20, 2013 2:46 am
- Local stocks are seen exploring new highs this week as ample financial liquidity in a low-interest environment may keep risk appetite buoyant.
- Last week, the main-share Philippine Stock Exchange index gained 0.24 percent to close at 7,279.87..........Full Story
- Two tot baseball teams to vie in Jakarta bash
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Two crack teams from Tot Baseball –the “Razcals” and the “Barakos” will be competing in the 2013 Asia Pacific Zone Mustang (9-10 yrs) and Bronco-11 (11 yrs) Division Championships to be held in Jakarta May 22-25.
- The other nations seeing action are Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam and Far East Russia. Champions of these tournaments will represent the Asian Region at the PONY International Mustang World Series to be held in Burleson, Texas on Aug. 1-4 and the PONY International Bronco-11 World Series to be held in Chesterfield Virginia on July 25-28..........Full Story »
Your Story about Shariff Kabunsuan, Philippines
Feature: It's never too late to learn reading, writing and counting
- Source: http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?article=1651335942062
- Thursday, May 3, 2012
- by (MCD-PIA Cotabato/BPI-ARMM)
Aging Moro mothers realized it’s never too late for them to be seeking knowledge and march onstage for a diploma to show to their children and grandkids.
Indeed, 82-year old Candida Alamada, who makes a living from traditional healing in Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao, is a humble recipient of the “Best in Numeracy Award,” besting 1,250 other graduates.
Alamada was speechless and some members of her family in attendance, tried to hold back their tears, seeing her probably in one of her happiest moments at her graduation rites.
She later said it’s never too late to be learning how to read and write, specifically numbers which she would often use, buying things for grandkids or great grandchildren, on traditional market days (Tuesdays and Saturdays) in their native town.
Regional Education Secretary Jamar Kulayan of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) shared the graduates the importance of education in Islamic perspective.
Kulayan said, education is obligatory to Muslim men and women, and it is never too late to seek knowledge. The Prophet Muhammad (saw) said: “One must seek knowledge from cradle to grave.”
Kulayan also said that based on DepEd’s research, children of illiterate parents perform poorly in class.
“In behalf of ARMM Officer In-Charge Governor Mujiv S. Hataman, we commit to help the LIPAD Project as a continuing adult literacy program in the region,” added Kulayan.
LIPAD or the Literacy for Peace and Development Project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development and implemented by the "Magbassa Kita Foundation Inc”., offers the package of the three-month free education training to adult Moro learners in all five provinces comprising the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
A total of 850 Moro women made up the first batch of graduates on Thursday (April 26). Some 400 more graduates marched on April 28, organizers of the education training said.
For officials of the MKF, the Philippine Center for Islam and Democracy and the United States Agency for International Development, it was an emotional site to behold 50 to 82 years old women on their graduation march at the Shariff Kabunsuan Cultural Complex here.
Former Senator Santanina Rasul, MKF founding chairperson, said the three organizations have been development partners for the Lipad project, giving basic education training to old women in Muslim Mindanao.
Most of the graduates had come from Datu Odin Sinsuat, Talayan and Guindulungan towns in Maguindanao, some 50 kilometers southeast of this city.
“Words and numbers are the foundations of all learning. They are very important steps because people who cannot read and cannot count can never reach their full potential,” said Robert Burch, chief of the USAID Office of Education.
Burch said that literacy is important in that it helps people to be more participative in community activities, thus, enabling them with greater participation in endeavors affecting their communities in strengthening the Muslim Mindanao autonomy.
He added that literacy helps individuals gain self- confidence to become more efficient both interpersonal and public engagements.
Illiteracy had been perennially reported at high rate in the ARMM provinces of Basilan, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi.
This literacy program follows a mono-syllabic curriculum devised by Rasul, herself, a former educator, before being elected as senator in 1992 and in the 1995 midterm elections.
Photo Gallery of Shariff Kabunsuan, Philippines
Upload You pictures about Shariff Kabunsuan, Philippines
- Photos of Shariff Kabunsuan
- Shariff Kabunsuan, Philippines