Surigao del Norte Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities of the Surigao del Norte Province in the Philippines
Alegria | Bacuag | Burgos | Claver | Dapa | Del Carmen | General Luna | Gigaquit | Mainit | Malimono | Pilar | Placer | San Benito | San Francisco (Anao-Aon) | San Isidro | Santa Monica (Sapao) | Sison | Socorro | Tagana-An | Tubod
Cities in the Province of Surigao del Norte: Surigao City (Capital)
Province of Surigao del Norte, Philippines
- Surigao del Norte has a total of 335 barangays, 20 municipalites, and 1 city. Every barangay in the province of Surigao del Norte has an interactive webpage of its own.
- Registered Voters of Surigao del Norte as of (2010) = 309,973
- Population of Surigao del Norte (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 409,468
- Land Area of Surigao del Norte (as of 2007, in hectares) = 197,293
- Surigao del Norte is a 2nd class province.
- The province of Surigao del Norte is within Region XIII - The caraga region and is in the north eastern part of the island of mindanao.
- The capital city of Surigao del Norte is Surigao City
Location of Surigao del Norte, Philippines
Surigao del Norte is located ....
History of Surigao del Norte, Philippines
The begining of Surigao del Norte
People of Surigao del Norte, Philippines
Total Population of Surigao del Norte
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
- Elected officials of Surigao del Norte for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor: Sol Forcadilla Matugas
- Provincial Vice-Governor: Arturo Carlos Arcena Egay Jr.
- House Representatives:
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected officials of Surigao del Norte fo 2007-2010
- Governor of Surigao del Norte for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Surigao del Norte for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Surigao del Norte Province
Businesses in Surigao del Norte, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Surigao del Norte.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Surigao del Norte
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Surigao del Norte, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Surigao del Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Surigao del Norte here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Surigao del Norte here.
- List the Methodist churches in Surigao del Norte here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Surigao del Norte here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Surigao del Norte here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Surigao del Norte here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Surigao del Norte here.
- List the Baptist churches in Surigao del Norte here.
Schools in Surigao del Norte, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Surigao del Norte can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Surigao del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Surigao del Norte you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Surigao del Norte, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Surigao del Norte, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Surigao del Norte Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Surigao del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Surigao del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Surigao del Norte in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Surigao del Norte. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Surigao del Norte landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Surigao del Norte, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Surigao del Norte.
- Gov’t works on branding for Phl food products
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The government plans to launch this year a branding for Philippine food products for export, as it seeks to actively promote local goods overseas, a trade official said.
- “We want to create a Philippine brand (to be used) for packaging (of products) this year,” Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM) executive director Rosario Virginia Gaetos told reporters at the sidelines of the 9th International Food Exhibition Philippines..........Full Story
- Public ownership of stocks rises
- Friday, May 17, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Public ownership of companies listed in the local bourse is increasing, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) said.
- In a recent study, the operator of the country’s only stock exchange said the free float level hit 33.4 percent as of end-March..........Full Story
- Phl-Smart jins bag 12 golds, 28 other medals in ASEAN meet
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines-Smart taekwondo team romped off with a haul of 12 gold, 14 silver and 14 bronze medals in the recent 11th ASEAN champions (ATF) tournament in Nay Pyl Taw, Myanmar.
- Many-time internationalist Kirstie Elaine Alora and Anjelay Pelaez showed the way with a gold each in the senior women’s kyorugi (free sparring) competition..........Full Story »
Surigao del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
Surigao del Norte Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|8400||Surigao City||Surigao del Norte|
|8401||San Francisco||Surigao del Norte|
|8402||Malimano||Surigao del Norte|
|8403||Tagana-an||Surigao del Norte|
|8404||Sison||Surigao del Norte|
|8405||Placer||Surigao del Norte|
|8406||Tubod||Surigao del Norte|
|8407||Mainit||Surigao del Norte|
|8408||Bacuag||Surigao del Norte|
|8409||Gigaquit||Surigao del Norte|
|8410||Claver||Surigao del Norte|
|8411||Cagdianao||Surigao del Norte|
|8412||Dinagat||Surigao del Norte|
|8413||Basilisa (Rizal)||Surigao del Norte|
|8414||Libjo (Albor)||Surigao del Norte|
|8415||Loreto||Surigao del Norte|
|8416||Socorro||Surigao del Norte|
|8417||Dapa||Surigao del Norte|
|8418||Del Carmen||Surigao del Norte|
|8419||Gen. Luna||Surigao del Norte|
|8420||Pilar||Surigao del Norte|
|8421||San Isidro||Surigao del Norte|
|8422||Santa Monica||Surigao del Norte|
|8423||San Benito||Surigao del Norte|
|8424||Burgos||Surigao del Norte|
|8425||Alegria||Surigao del Norte|
|8426||Tubajon||Surigao del Norte|
|8427||San Jose||Surigao del Norte|
7 die of suffocation in Surigao tunnel
- Source: http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php/news/provincial/29684-7-die-of-suffocation-in-surigao-tunnel
- Saturday, May 12, 2012
- by Zaida delos Reyes-Palanca & Alfred Dalizon
SEVEN persons were killed while another was hospitalized due to suffocation after they entered an old tunnel the other day in Surigao City.
This was confirmed by Chief Supt. Reynaldo Rafal, Caraga Police Regional Office (PRO) 13 director.
The fatalities were identified as Jomar Estrella, 26, of Bgy. Gacepan Sison, Surigao del Norte; Delvin Antipas, 21, Dexter Antipas, 18, Arnel Palasan, 22, Julius Mayola, 26, Basty Porlas Avila, 23, and Paustino Abendan Pacquiao, 22.
Confined at the Caraga District Hospital was Berdan Porlas Avila, 19.
Reports reaching Camp Crame showed the incident occurred at around 9 a.m. Thursday in a tunnel in Sitio File, Bgy. Mat-I, Surigao del Norte.
Four of the victims entered the tunnel owned and financed by a certain Jonalyn Torre Martinez, 42, married, of Bgy. Mabini, Surigao City, to transfer a hose to another tunnel.
When they took a long time inside the tunnel, the four other victims followed suit but they also failed to come back.
Other companions tried to rescue the victims by dropping a rope but only Berdan was able to come out alive.
Rescuers have pulled out the remaining seven victims but they were pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.
Berdan said that upon entering the tunnel, they experience difficulty in breathing that weakened them.
Authorities are conducting follow-up investigation into the incident.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Surigao del Norte.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Surigao del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Surigao del Norte Province, Philippines]]