Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
Agnas - San Miguel Island •
Divino Rostro •
Hacienda - San Miguel Island •
Quinale Cabasan •
Rawis - San Miguel Island •
Sagurong - San Miguel Island •
San Antonio •
San Carlos •
San Isidro •
San Juan •
San Lorenzo •
San Ramon •
San Roque •
San Vicente •
Santo Cristo •
Visita - San Miguel Island
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with informaton updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Albay, Province of The Philippines
Bacacay | Camalig | Daraga (Locsin) | Guinobatan | Jovellar | Libon | Malilipot | Malinao | Manito | Oas | Pio Duran | Polangui | Rapu-Rapu | Santo Domingo (Libog) | Tiwi
Cities in the province of Albay: Legazpi City (Capital) | City Of Ligao | City Of Tabaco
Seal of The City of Tabaco
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Tabaco City, Philippines|
Tabaco City, Albay
Location of Albay within the Philippines
City Hall of The City of Tabaco
- Tabaco City has a total of 47 barangays
- Registered Voters of Tabaco City as of (2010) = 71,006
- Tabaco City is in the "1st" Voting District of Albay.
- Population of Tabaco City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 123,513
- Land Area of Tabaco City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 11,714
- Tabaco City is a 4th class Component City and Partially Urban.
- Tabaco City is in the Albay province and within Region V - in the southern tip of the island of luzon also called the Bicol Region.
- Seaport City in the Albay province.
Geography of Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
The diversity of landforms in Tabaco enables it to exhibit numerous topographical features, which range from muddy shores along Tabaco Bay at sea level to highlands which reaching up to an elevation of 2, 462 m on the slopes of Mt. Mayon. Agriculture is well suited especially on the lower slopes of the Mayon Volcano at the eastern half of the municipality. The western half of the municipality is fairly level only along the national highway to Ligao. Most of the western half is forested and under the control of the Bureau of Forest Development.
The San Miguel Island is almost entirely surrounded by groups of small hills. The land level, however is plain and elevated at about 35 meters above sea level.
- Source: Department of Tourism
Location of Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
The City of Tabaco is located on the eastern coast of Albay province with an area of 117.14 sq. km. Its territory occupies a large part of the mainland, which extends from the Lagunoy Gulf to San Miguel Island; an island located a few kilometers to the east. Tabaco Bay bound the Tabaco municipality to the east, the municipality of Malinao to the North, the municipality of Malilipot to the south and the City of Ligao to the Southwest.
The boundaries of the city are characterized by the intersection of two national roads with one traversing the east coast from the southern City of Legazpi and the other originating from the City of Tabaco going west across the City of Ligao, which, in turn, connects with Manila south road.
History of Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
The founding of Tabaco dates back in the year 1587 when it was only a visita of then bigger town of Cagsawa, spiritually administered by the Franciscan friars. A popular legend tells however that Tabaco means, "Tabak ko", meaning "my bolo".
The recorded history of the town began in 1587 with the missionary work of the Franciscan fathers. In 1616, Rev. Fr. Pedro de Alcareso became the first permanent minister and built a church which was dedicated to the glorious Precusor of our Saviour-St. John the Baptist, whose feast is on June 24. Up to the present, St. John the Baptist has remained the town's patron saint.
The first inhabitants who settled along the sea shore engaged in fishing and crude farming. Due to the continuous attacks of Moro raiders, the natives migrated to San Vicente and San Carlos and started the foundation of the first poblacion in 1703, while the fishermen transferred to the shores of the bay of what is now known as Cormidal.
In 1811, a terrible typhoon called baguiong Oguis or white typhoon brought havoc to the town. This was followed in 1814 by a major eruption of the Mayon Volcano which showered the area with ashes and hot rocks.
The Americans arrived at Tabaco on February 9, 1900 under the command of Col. Walter Howe. Superior armaments and well-trained soldiers quickened the Americansâ€™ conquest against the Tabaqueniosâ€™ relentless courage and patriotism. This same courage and patriotism was again witnessed during the Second World War.
With the restoration of peace after World War II, the residents of Tabaco started to rebuild the town; taking advantage of the American occupation making the Tabaco a thriving town by the time the country was given independence.
- Source: Department of Tourism
People of Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
Total Population of Tabaco City
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government officials of Tabaco City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor: Can't be declared yet
- DEMETRIOU, MARIE (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 13129 51.36%
- Cielo K Burce Lagman-Luistro LIBERAL PARTY 12436 48.64%
- Vice-Mayor Reynaldo Benig Bragais
- Luis Renir Boneo Burce LIBERAL PARTY 13009 7.79%
- BELANGEL, ODEN INDEPENDENT 12509 7.49%
- Nestor Tabinas San Pablo LIBERAL PARTY 11600 6.95%
- Ronnel Rocha Borromeo LIBERAL PARTY 11039 6.61%
- Oscar Reamico Rocha 10846 6.50%
- Sheina Marie Collantes Onrubia LIBERAL PARTY 10602 6.35%
- BOREJON, COCORB (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 10039 6.01%
- Alfredo Canon Adalla LIBERAL PARTY 9808 5.87%
- AZADA CHUA, JULY (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 9737 5.83%
- AYTONA, CELSO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9579 5.74%
- Elected Government officials of Tabaco City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor Cielo K Burce Lagman-Luistro
- Vice-Mayor Reynaldo Benig Bragais
Barangay Elected Officials of Tabaco City, Albay
Businesses in Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Tabaco City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Tabaco City
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- Tabaco City Realty
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Tabaco City, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Tabaco City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
- Woodcraft/Wood Upholstery - furnitures and fixtures
- Cutlery/Metalcraft - scissors, bolos, knives, razors, farm implements, window grills, steel gates and tricycle sidecars
- Rattancraft - furnitures and fixtures
- Ceramics - hollowblocks, ballusters, toilet bowls, floor tiles and reinforced concrete pipes
- Hat and Mat Weaving (made of "caragumoy" leaves
- Ship Repair/Building - dry dock facility at Bgy. Salvacion.
- Major Crops
- Poultry and Livestock
- Fishing and Aquatic Resources
- Shallow Fishing/ Sustenance
- Deep Fishing/Commercial
- Source: Department of Tourism
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Tabaco City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Tabaco City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Tabaco City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Tabaco City" page.
Natural Resources of Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Tabaco City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Tabaco City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Tabaco City landmarks here.
- Visit: San Miguel Island
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Tabaco City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- PH stock index continues gain in second straight session
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:03 pm
- MANILA, Philippines—Philippine stocks ended in the green for a second straight session, bringing it closer to the index’s previous all-time high on May 15, but some analysts remained unconvinced that this was the start of a new uptrend.
- The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) climbed 0.78 percent to 7,385.07 on Wednesday’s close while the broader all-shares index rose 0.61 percent to P4,534.20. The PSEi hit a new record high last week when it breached 7,400. .........Full Story
- PH-Germany social security accord eyed
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Berlin -- The Philippines and Germany are eyeing a bilateral social security agreement next year that seeks to benefit at least 60,000 Filipinos working in the European Union-member country.
- Philippine Ambassador to Germany Maria Cleofe Natividad said both parties have expressed interest to work towards the signing of bilateral social security agreement..........Full Story
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Pinoy rowers bag 2 SEA rowing golds, finish third
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines collared two gold medals and one silver to finish third overall behind Vietnam (5-4-1) and Indonesia (3-4-3) in the Southeast Asian Rowing Championships in Selangor, Malaysia over the weekend.
- Reigning SEAG champion Nestor Cordova stamped his class in the men’s single sculls while SEAG bronze medalists Edgar Ilas and Benjie Tolentino reigned in the lightweight men’s double sculls to lead the Phl harvest. Roque Abala and Alvin Amposta settled for the silver in lightweight men’s pair..........Full Story »
Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
Your Story about Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines
Tell your story about Tabaco City. You can talk about the good things in Tabaco City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Tabaco City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Tabaco City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "Green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Albay, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Tabaco City, Albay, Philippines]]