Tagasilay Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City, Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
On the East Coast Hwy: The barangay before Tagasilay is Muti and the one after Tagasilay is Taguiti
Barangay Hall of Tagasilay
Barangay Seal of Tagasilay
Health Center of Tagasilay
Tagasilay Elementary School Main
Tagasilay Elementary School kiosks
Tagasilay National High School
Tagasilay National High School Covered Court
Tagasilay Mosque along the Main Highway
Tagasilay Rice Field
Location of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- East Coast of Zamboanga City
- Distance from Zamboanga City Hall: 61 kilometers
- Area Size in Hectares: 1,616
The mountain view of Tagasilay is bounded on the east by sitio Marangan of Muti, Curuan District; on the west side by Barangay Sibulao; on the north by Taguiti, which is a coastal area; and to the southern portion by Barangay Calabasa of Curuan District. It is cut across by the national highway going to the different municipalities of Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga del Norte.
Barangay Tagasilay consists of eight (8) sitios namely;
3. Sangali Diutay,
5. Sibulao crossing
7. Guinuman and
8. Centro Tagasilay.
The area is characterized by flat, rolling and mountainous terrain which is suited to coconut planting. Coconut and banana are the main source of income by farmers. They also engage in other agricultural crops such as upland rice, corn and coffee. The predominant soil type is bantog clay. In spite of wide range of vacant areas, Tagasilay is also rich of gold mines but farmers don't entertain gold tunnels because it will destroy the terrain and crops planted in the area. On the tallest mountain facing the sea, we can find RADAR which is operated by military personnel.
History of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
According to the old folks, the real name of this Barangay is Malibasag which means "strong" because of the strong water current. Even though the rain is not that heavy the water that flows through the canal is very strong.
Konsehal Mualip Indius was the first Konsehal del Barrio. Accordingly, when Mr. Noval, a surveyor, came to this barangay to survey on the land of the people living in this place he saw many Kansilay tree growing. Due to curiosity, Mr. Noval asked Konsehal Mualip in Muslim dialect, how do you say the word "have". Konsehal Mualip Indius told Mr. Noval the word have in Muslim dialect is “taga”. So, Mr. Noval said "Tagakansilay" which means "have kansilay tree". So up to the present it becomes Tagasilay.
The people of Barangay Tagasilay before used to go to a nearby barangay Taguiti, and will ride in Baroto (boat) in going to the city, because it is the only transportation they had.
People of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 2007 Census
- Total Population: 3, 138
- Number of Household: 545
Local Government Unit LGU of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Elected Officers for the term of 2010-2013
- Tagasilay, Barangay Chairman, Hanisa I. Francisco
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 1, Makim I. Panasang
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 2, Johnny M. Ibañez
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 3, Edgardo I. Gaspar
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 4, Salam A. Damang
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 5, Segundino F. Perez Jr.
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 6, Jalira I. Mohammad Jr.
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 7, Bakang Pahanding
- Tagasilay, SK Chairman, Angelica I. Macario
Businesses in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Sari-Sari store,
- Fruits Vendors,
- Band saw,
- Copra bodega,
- Fish Vendors,
Come to invest in our Barangay Tagasilay, Zamboanga City!
Real Estate for Sale or Lease in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Tagasilay, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Religions in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
Indigenous people SAMA, YAKAN, TAUSUG
- Catholic CHAVACANO, BISAYAN
- Seventh day Adventist
Schools in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
The name of your school in Tagasilay can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
The schools in Mapandan are:
- Tagasilay Elementary School
- School Address: Centro Tagasilay, Barangay Tagasilay, Zamboanga city
- Telephone Number:
- Principal: Dr.Jesibel Alavar
- Tagasilay National High School
- School Address: Centro Tagasilay, Barangay Tagasilay, Zamboanga city
- Telephone Number:
- Principal: Emie Gatab Mondejar
You can also create your FREE School Web Page (Example) to promote and give it an internet presence. We can help you do it.
Natural Resources of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
Tagasilay is rich in Gold.
But, farmers don't entertain gold mining because it will destroy the terrain and their crops planted in the area.
- Can gold be mined in a manner that can environmentally be co-existent with farming and green alternatives???
Tourists Attractions of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Sibulao River -
- Mt. Tumalikod -
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Fiestas and Traditions of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Every August 16th, and,
- Muslim Hari raya Eidil Fitri and Eidil Adha.
Tagasilay, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
Your Story about Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
Families of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Tagasilay.
Andius, Pahanding, Panasang, Mualip, Adalani, Abdul, Bantala, Acejas, Arcillas, Atienza, Rubio, Ibanez, Guerrero, Francisco, Paelmariano, Gabayran Molina, Perez, Apolinario, Gacu, Lagrama,
How to Upload Photos to the Photo Gallery of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Tagasilay.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Tagasilay Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Tagasilay Zamboanga City Philippines]]
- Click on the Photo Gallery link to view all the photos of Tagasilay