Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
Barangays of Tanjay City, in the Negros Oriental Province within Region 7 in the Republic in The Philippines
Azagra • Bahi-an • Luca • Manipis • Novallas • Obogon • Pal-ew • Poblacion I • Poblacion II • Poblacion III • Poblacion IV • Poblacion V • Poblacion VI • Poblacion VII • Poblacion VIII • Poblacion IX • Polo • San Isidro • San Jose • San Miguel • Santa Cruz Nuevo • Santa Cruz Viejo • Santo Niño • Tugas
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Negros Oriental Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Amlan (Ayuquitan) || Ayungon || Bacong || Basay || Bindoy || Dauin || Jimalalud || La Libertad || Mabinay || Manjuyod || Pamplona || San Jose
Santa Catalina || Siaton || Sibulan || Tayasan || Valencia || Vallehermoso || Zamboanguita
Cities in the province of Negros Oriental: Bais City || Bayawan City || Canlaon City || Dumaguete City (Capital)
Guihulngan City || Tanjay City
Seal of Tanjay City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Tanjay City Map, Philippines|
Tanjay City Map Locator
Map Locator of Negros Oriental within the Philippines
Tanjay City Hall
Please upload Picture
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
|Welcome Arch to Tanjay City|
- Tanjay City has a total of 24 barangays
- Registered Voters of Tanjay City as of (2010) = 39,493
- Population of Tanjay City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 78,539
- Land Area of Tanjay City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 27,605
- Tanjay City is a 4th class Component City and Partially Urban.
- Tanjay City is in the Negros Oriental province and within Region_VII Central Visayas.
Geography of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
Tanjay City Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 27,605
Location of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- 9.5167° N, 123.1583° E - Tanjay, Coordinates
Tanjay City is located ....
History of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
The begining of Tanjay City
People of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Tanjay City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007)= 78,539
- Tanjay City Registered Voters (2009)= 39,493
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Tanjay City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Tanjay City: Lawrence Solis Teves - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Tanjay City: Jose Torres Orlino - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Councilors of Tanjay City:
- CONCEPCION, REYCONS (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9106 8.24%
- TEVES, STEVE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 7768 7.03%
- FERNANDEZ, JOAQUIN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 7631 6.90%
- CALUMPANG, TEOPISTO JR. (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 7398 6.69%
- TABALOC, ROLANDO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 6637 6.00%
- ALONSO, WESLEY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 6609 5.98%
- TAM, HENRY (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 6373 5.77%
- BULANDRES, PATCHITA (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 6367 5.76%
- RAMIREZ, ULDARICO MA III (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 6356 5.75%
- CONDES, JUANITO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5942 5.38%
- Elected officials of Tanjay City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Tanjay City: Lawrence Solis Teves
- Vice-Mayor of Tanjay City: Neil Teves Salma
- Councilors of Tanjay City:
Barangays Elected Officials of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental
Businesses in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property for sale in Tanjay City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Tanjay City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
Sports and Recreation in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Tanjay City.
- The name of your sports/recreation, address, phone number.
- Upload the picture of your place of sports or recreation.
- Tanjay City Sports & Recreation Photos
Arts and Culture in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Tanjay City.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Tanjay City!
- Upload the pictures of your favorite Arts & Culture topic.
- Tanjay City Arts & Culture Photos
Economy of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talk about the improvement of the economy of Tanjay City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Tanjay City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Tanjay City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Tanjay City" page.
Natural Resources of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Tanjay City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Tanjay City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
Landmarks: Monuments or Historic buildings in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Upload The photos about landmarks in Tanjay C.
- Pictures of Landmarks
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Tanjay City.
- Fiesta date of Tanjay City is: ??
Featured News of The Philippines
- Index breaches 8,000 mark for first time
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The country’s benchmark stock index was off to a sizzling start yesterday, clinching its 22nd record close for the year and breaching the 8,000 level for the first time.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) soared 0.27 percent or 21.45 points to end at a new all-time high of 7,899.41, eclipsing the previous record of 7,877.96 made last Friday ........................ Full Story»
- PH 2nd most attractive outsourcing site
- Monday, March 30, 2015 12:40 am
- The Philippines rose a notch to rank second among the most attractive global outsourcing locations on the basis of risks, costs and conditions, according to the latest report by global real estate advisor Cushman & Wakefield.
- In a report entitled, “Where in the World? Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Shared Service Location Index,” Cushman & Wakefield noted that two of the Philippines’ strongest points would be the cost of labor and the availability of skilled, English-speaking workers ........................ Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Padit, two others top ABC quarterly
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Manny Padit of Philflex produced an eight-game series of 1636 to capture the Group I crown while Johnny Baluyot of Coach Furniture and Zeny Prudente of Moldex Pipes topped Groups 2 and 3 with 1531 and 1414, respectively, in the Architects Bowling Club’s first quarterly championship at the E-Lanes Center in San Juan City last week.
- Hermie Prudente of Moldex Pipes scored a 1549 while Eugene Panaguiton of Emerald Pipes shot a 1545 to finish second and third, respectively in Group I while Joan Mendoza of Boysen Paints turned in a 1525 and Eugene Ferraris of Crown Pipes made a 1504 for second and third, respectively, in Group 2 .................................. Full Story»
Your Story/News about Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Tanjay City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Tanjay City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Families of Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Tanjay City.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE | (More…)
Why Z-Wiki Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines?
We want to give the people of Tanjay City the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Tanjay City is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Tanjay City participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Tanjay City.
Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Upload Photos about Tanjay City
- Tanjay City Photo Gallery
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Tanjay City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Negros Oriental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.