Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
Barangays of Tibiao, in the Antique province of The Philippines
Alegre • Amar • Bandoja (Lupa-an) • Castillo • Esparagoza • Importante • La Paz • Malabor • Martinez • Natividad • Pitac • Poblacion • Salazar • San Francisco Norte • San Francisco Sur • San Isidro • Santa Ana • Santa Justa • Santo Rosario • Tigbaboy • Tuno
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in Antique Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Anini-Y | Barbaza | Belison | Bugasong | Caluya | Culasi | Hamtic | Laua-An | Libertad | Pandan | Patnongon | San Jose (Capital) | San Remigio | Sebaste | Sibalom | Tibiao | Tobias Fornier (Dao) | Valderrama
Seal of the Municipality of Tibiao
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Tibiao, Antique, Philippines|
Location of Antique within the Philippines
Tibiao Municipal Hall
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
- Tibiao has a total of 21 barangays
- Registered Voters of Tibiao as of (2010) = 12,752
- Tibiao is in the "LONE" Voting District of Antique.
- Population of Tibiao (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 23,228
- Land Area of Tibiao (as of 2007, in hectares) = 17,742
- Tibiao is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Tibiao is in the Antique province and within Region VI - in the western side of the island of panay in the Western Visayas area.
Geography of Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
Tibiao Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 17,742
Location of Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
- Tibiao is in the Antique province in the island of panay.
- Antique is within Region_VI in the Central Visayas.
Long before the Malays came, the Negritoes and the descendants of the Dayaks, Ibaloys, Itnegs, etc. from New Guinea who traveled west to Borneo passing through land bridges, inhabited Tibiao. They had their primitive beliefs, ways and customs, some of which are even practiced to this day. Later, it attracted other immigrants because of its fertile land and favorable climate, which is good for fishing and agriculture.
One of these prominent immigrants was Datu Oguid, who, together with his wife, children and faithful followers, also decided to settle in Tibiao. They anchored at the mouth of Calaugan brook, which is now a part of Poblacion Tibiao. At first, they happily settled along the land by a brook until Oguid realized that the settlement is very vulnerable to pirates and other armed adventurers because of its proximity to the sea. Therefore, Oguid with his family and followers moved on to the foot of the mountain which was at a safer distance besides being surrounded by a thick forest. The natives were friendly with the new settlers and they readily welcomed them to their place called Balanti-an. The settlement covered a large area of lowlands and highlands. Oguid divided the whole barangay among his sons and followers. The highlands were given to the natives while the plains and the lowlands went to Oguid’s sons. Oguid chose the hillside of Olid, after his name, to be the settlement as it was by a big river, now the Tibiao River.
After sometime, the relative of Oguid from Bornay knew of his prosperous life in Tibiao, Antique. They agreed to sail and meet Oguid. Oguid warmly welcomed them and the natives were entertained with food, drinks and merrymaking.
During those times Moro pirates usually robbed sailors and natives living near the shore. One day, they followed the riverbanks to rob Oguid and his followers. Approaching the gateway to Oguid’s Barangay, they were met by a giant who was Oguid’s faithful follower. Trembling with fear, the pirates fled away.
With Datu Oguid leading, Balanti-an was named barangay Oguid Pagsuguiron Amar. Being a converted Christian, Oguid went to Barbaza and requested, Father Eslao, a parish priest of the town to hold a mass in their barangay to thank God for their many blessings. Governor Barboza, Father Eslao, and the choir members and band arrived in their town.
Governor Barboza explained to the people present in the barangay that it was his policy to change the native names to Spanish. The barangay was made a barrio and Oguid Pagsuguiron Amar being a long word was changed into a short one. Datu Oguid and his followers planted a cross at the top of the mountain near Paris; Oguid and his followers planted a cross at the top of the mountain which was called “Cross” up to the present.
On November 6, 1815, Oguid together with his family and followers transferred their residence closer to the shore. They wanted to engage in trade and fishing to improve their livelihood. A wide plain between Palaypay and Calaugan brooks was selected as a good place for the people to build their homes. Juan Sarcino made a plan for the town. The land was cleared of all trees and bushes. The church and the convent were built. The plaza and the streets were laid out and the cemetery was completed. Oguid conferred with his followers and they decided to ask Gov. Barboza and the parish priest of Barbaza for a parish priest to be assigned permanently to their own town. Juan Sarcino with eight strong men of the town went to Salog, Iloilo to fetch Father Eulogio Cardones who was sent by the Bishop of Salog, now Jaro, to be the parish priest of the new town.
Population increased in the new settlements. Legend has it that one day, a group of roving Spaniards surprised a group of natives who were fishing and picking up shells by the river. One of the Spaniards asked a group of natives about the name of the place. The ignorant natives saw that the Spaniards were pointing to the place where “tigbaw” was abundant. Not comprehending the Spanish language, and thinking that he was asking the name of the grass plant “tigbaw”, the native answered “TIGBAW”. The equally uncomprehending Spaniards, thinking that the answer to their question was the name of the place, accepted what they heard as a fact. Thus, with a little help from a mispronounced word, the Spaniards listed the name of the place as “TIBYAW” or “[TIBIAO]” as it is known today.
People of Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
- Tibiao Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 23,228
- Tibiao Registered Voters (2009) = 12,752
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Tibiao for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Tibiao: BANDOJA, BANDO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- Vice-Mayor of Tibiao: ALVAREZ, NENING INDEPENDENT
- Councilors of Tibiao:
- MODESTO, ANDRES JR. INDEPENDENT 5044 7.18%
- FLORES, JUNJUN INDEPENDENT 4503 6.41%
- ESCARRILLA, HOMER INDEPENDENT 4294 6.11%
- BARRIENTOS, DOYJIMMY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 4090 5.82%
- TAMAYO, NONOY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 4028 5.73%
- DALISAY, ROY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 3990 5.68%
- DIMAMAY, KARMILA ROSE INDEPENDENT 3951 5.62%
- KHO YUTE, INDAY INDEPENDENT 3919 5.58%
- Elected officials of Tibiao for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Tibiao: Walden Mandolado Lim
- Vice-Mayor of Tibiao: Pelver Ybera Medina
- Councilors of Tibiao:
Barangays Elected Officials of Tibiao, Antique
Businesses in Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Tibiao, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Economy of Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Tibiao you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Tibiao, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Tibiao, Antique, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Tibiao, Antique" page.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Tibiao can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Natural Resources of Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Tibiao in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Tibiao. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Tibiao landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Tibiao.
Tibiao, Antique, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Your Story about Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Tibiao, Antique, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Tibiao? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Tibiao. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Pictures of Tibiao
- Click HERE to view more PHOTOS about Tibiao.
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.