Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Barangays of Tungawan in the Zamboanga Sibugay Province of the Philippines
Baluran || Batungan || Cayamcam || Datu Tumanggong || Gaycon || Langon || Libertad || Linguisan || Little Margos || Loboc || Looc-labuan || Lower Tungawan || Malungon || Masao || San Pedro || San Vicente || San Isidro || Santo Niño || Sisay || Taglibas || Tigbanuang || Tigbucay || Tigpalay || Timbabauan || Upper Tungawan
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
List of Municipalities in the Zamboanga Sibugay province of the Philippines
Alicia • Buug • Diplahan • Imelda • Ipil (Capital) • Kabasalan • Mabuhay • Malangas • Naga • Olutanga • Payao • Roseller T. Lim • Siay • Talusan • Titay • Tungawan
|Every barangay in each municipality in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of Tungawan
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Tungawan, Sibugay, Philippines|
Municipality Hall of Tungawan
Entrance to Tungawan Sibugay
- Tungawan has a total of 25 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Tungawan as of (2010) = 18,896
- Tungawan is in the 2nd Voting District of Zamboanga Sibugay
- Population of Tungawan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 37,588
- Land Area of Tungawan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 47,328
- Tungawan is a 2nd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Tungawan is in the Zamboanga Sibugay province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Geography of Tungawan
Location of Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
History of Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
The beginning of Tungawan
People of Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Total Population of Tungawan
Local Government Unit LGU of Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Elected officials of Tungawan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Randy Adlawon Climaco
- Vice-Mayor: Abduraup Abunawas Abison
Businesses in Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Tungawan.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Tungawan
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Tungawan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
The name of your school in Tungawan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Tungawan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Tungawan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Tungawan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Tungawan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Tungawan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Tungawan.
Your Story about Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Tell your story about Tungawan. You can talk about the good things in Tungawan or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Tungawan. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Upload Pictures of Tungawan
- Tungawan Photo Gallery
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Tungawan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Tungawan Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga Sibugay Province Photo Gallery]]
*[[Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines]]