Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
Location of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Zamboanga del Norte is situated in Northern Mindanao. It is bounded on the north and west by the Sulu Sea, on the east by Misamis Occidental, and on the south by Zamboanga del Sur.
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of Zamboanga del Norte
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines|
Zamboanga del Norte within the Philippines
Provincial Capitol of Zamboanga del Norte
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
|Saint James Cathedral in Dapitan City|
|City Hall of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte|
|Situbo Falls, Zamboanga del Norte|
Statue of Christ, Pangalalan, Sindangan
Our lady of the most Holy Rosary, Estaka
Manukan Mini Museum Landmark
The Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Zamboanga del Norte is subdivided into 25 municipalities and 2 cities. These are further subdivided into 691 barangays, and clustered into 3 congressional districts.
- Registered Voters of Zamboanga del Norte as of (2010) = 492,791
- Population of Zamboanga del Norte (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 907,238
- Land Area of Zamboanga del Norte (as of 2007, in hectares) = 730,100
- Zamboanga del Norte is a 1st class province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
- There are 18 "coastal" towns (with seashores bordering the Sulu Sea) of Zamboanga del Norte starting from the border of Zamboanga City and are lined up as follows: 1 Sibuco, 2 Sirawai, 3 Siocon, 4 Baliguian, 5 Gutalac, 6 Labason, 7 Liloy, 8 Salug, 9 Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan), 10 Sindangan, 11 Jose Dalman, 12 Manukan, 13, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, 14 Katipunan, 15 Dipolog City, 16 Dapitan City, 17 Sibutad, 18 Rizal. Rizal borders the province of Misamis Occidental
About Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
Zamboanga del Norte is subdivided into 25 municipalities and 2 cities. These are further subdivided into 691 barangays, and clustered into 3 congressional districts..
Dubbed as the “Twin-City Province,” Zamboanga del Norte has been made famous by the beauty and charm of the Orchid City of Dipolog and the historical, rustic quaintness of the Shrine City of Dapitan.
Decrying Spanish authority over his beloved country, Dr. Jose P. Rizal, Philippine National Hero, lived in exile in faraway Dapitan City, then only a sleepy town in Mindanao. Here, he spent fruitfully his last four years in exile, from 1892 to 1896, to practice medicine, pursue scientific studies, keep with his artistic and literary endeavors, and widen his knowledge of languages. In Dapitan, Dr. Rizal found a school and a hospital, and became a farmer to prove to the people that farming is as good a profession as medicine.
The original estate of Dr. Rizal in Dapitan has been declared a national shrine and is being administered by the National Historical Institute. Hence, the city monicker, “Shrine City of the Philippines.” By the year 2020, Dapitan is poised to become the Dr. Jose Rizal Heritage Center of the Philippines, owing to the wealth of Rizal memorabilia and memorable places associated with the country’s beloved hero.
Zamboanga del Norte today is equally famous for Dakak Beach, the province’s foremost natural attraction. The very popular Dakak Beach is most known for its beautfiully shaped cove and powdery white sand, and as a diving mecca in Mindanao. Pristine blue waters, excellent dive sites with an abundance of coral reefs, and a magnificent sunset horizon characterize this tropical eden. Dakak Park and Beach Resort boasts 15 hectares of wooded land, a natural reservoir for native plants and animals, and a 750-meter private white-sand beach.
The southern part of Zamboanga del Norte is basically deprived from economical development. It does not benefit from the economy of the 6th largest city in the Philippines (Zamboanga City). The barangay of zamboanga city that borders zamboanga del norte is Limpapa. The municipality of zamboanga del norte that borders zamboanga city is Sibuco.
As of 2014 only dirt road connects Zamboanga City to Sibuco and yet the town of Sibuco thrives as 1st Class municipality. Commercial vehicles and standard vehicles can't cross over to Zamboanga City via Limpapa. So instead of traveling only less than 30 kilometers to trade in the bustling barangays of Zamboanga city, Merchants of Sibuco have to travel ove 300 kilometers via highway or travel by sea. Instead of just a hour or two of traveling time, Merchants have to put up with one (1) day of travel just to trade.
The congressman for this 3rd district is Isagani Sybico Amatong (LP).
Geography of Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
Zamboanga del Norte is situated in Northern Mindanao. It is bounded on the north and west by the Sulu Sea, on the east by Misamis Occidental, and on the south by Zamboanga del Sur.
The province occupies a total land area of 6,618 square kilometers. It has an average elevation of 243.8 meters, with Mt. Dabiak in Katipunan as the highest peak at 2,600 meters. Other parts, near the coastlines, are plains. The province’s irregular coastline runs 400 kilometers from north to south.
Location of Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
- 8.1333° N, 123.0000° E - Zamboanga del Norte, Coordinates
Zamboanga del Norte is situated in Northern Mindanao in the Zamboanga peninsula. It is bounded on the north and west by the Sulu Sea, on the east by Misamis Occidental, and on the south/west by Zamboanga City and the south/east by Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga Sibugay. It is part of Region IX in the island of mindanao.
History of Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
When the Spaniards arrived in the Philippines in the 16th century, Zamboanga was already populated by Muslims, along the coast and rivers, by Visayans, in Dapitan, and by the Subanuns in the interior. Dapitan, one of the earliest towns visited by the Spaniards, was believed to have been established by refugees from Bohol fleeing the destruction of their settlement by Moluccans.
Jesuit missionaries started their missions in 1629, in Dapitan but progress was hindered by continuous warfare between the Spaniards and the Moros. For much of the Spanish period, Zamboanga del Norte was administered as part of two provinces. Dapitan was made part of the corregimiento of Misamis, while the western part was part of the corregimiento of Zamboanga. In the 19th century, when Misamis became a province, Dapitan formed one of its partidos or divisions. In 1837, the corregimiento of Zamboanga became a military government. In 1843, the Spaniards gained title to the area between Zamboanga and Dapitan through a cession by the Sultan of Maguindanao. Beginning in the later half of the 19th century, many Visayans settled in
Zamboanga due to population pressure in Cebu and Bohol. Many petty criminals and political dissidents were likewise sent to settle in the sparsely populated Zamboanga coast. Dapitan is most famous as the place of exile of Philippine national hero Dr. Jose Rizal. For more than three years, he lived in the town, before he was executed for allegedly instigating the Philippine Revolution. His house still stands and is now a museum.
In 1914, when the Americans established the Department of Mindanao and Sulu, Zamboanga was made one of its regular provinces. Zamboanga province was divided into two in September 1952 by virtue of Republic Act No. 711. The town of Dipolog became the capital of the province of Zamboanga del Norte.
People of Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
The main dialect is Cebuano/Visayan. English and Filipino (Tagalog) are also spoken, indicative of a high level of literacy. The original and native Subanen dialect lives on, especially in the highlands.
At present, Zamboanga del Norte is populated largely by Dipolognons and Dapitanons, said to be the descendants of migrants from the province of Bohol, who were attacked in 1563 by Ternate raiders, and forced to resettle elsewhere. Thus the principal dialect of the province is Cebuano, but with a Boholano accent.
Zamboanga del Norte is also the home of the Subanun, or 'people of the upstream' (also Subanen, Suban-on). They are upland and swidden cultivators, who prefer to build their houses on top of ridges near potable water sources near their fields. They prefer to locations near springs rather than streams. Through the years, land problems and degraded environment have forced some of the people to adopt wet rice agriculture. Metal craft and weaving are also practiced. The Subanons have maintained trade with coastal peoples through the centuries. Present day Subanons are non-aggressive, although there are indications that in the past the people were required to provide a "soul companion" for an important deceased relative. ‘Buklog’ is a Subanon set of unique rituals that utilizes a huge dancing platform to which a log is attached that hits a hollowed sounding board on the ground.
Sinulog and Kinabayo are celebrated every July 24-25 in Dapitan City in honor of the city’s patron, Saint James. The Sinulog is a dance procession and Kinabayo is an exotic and colorful pageant re-enacting the Spanish-Moorish wars, particularly the Battle of Covadonga. In that battle the Spanish forces under General Pelagio took their last stand against the Saracens. They were able to reverse the tide of the war with the miraculous apparition of Saint James, the Apostle. The addition of local color and innovations has made this annual festivity a popular attraction to visitors of Dapitan.
The shrine to Dapitan’s most famous sojourner, national hero Jose Rizal, still stands and gives testimony to Rizal’s exile in the town in the late 19th century. His house and part of the innovations he instituted in his small estate still stand and draw hundreds of tourists.
- Elected Officers of Zamboanga del Norte Province for 2013 - 2016
- Governor of Zamboanga del Norte: UY, BERTO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 99051
- Vice-Governor of Zamboanga del Norte: ANGELES, SENEN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 86482
- House of Representatives of Zamboanga del Norte:
- Elected Officers of Zamboanga del Norte Province for 2010 - 2013
- Board members
- Elected Officers of Zamboanga del Norte Province for 2007 - 2010
If you own or know any of the businesses listed below, go ahead and follow the link to its page. List the address and phone number or contact name and hours of operation within the page. Describe your business and services that you provide to the public.
- Businesses of Dipolog City
- Banks, Pawnshops, Insurance, Credit and Lending Companies
- Bank of The Philippine Islands, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- BDO, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Alano and Sons Credit Corp., Miputak, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- JPY Lending Investor Miputak, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Katipunan Bank Miputak, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Land Bank Miputak, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- PhilAm Life Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- PS Bank Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- RD Pawnshop Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Rural Bank of Pres. Roxas Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Rural Bank of Labason, Labason, Zamboanga del Norte
- Radio Stations
- 88.9 Radio, Central Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Shopping Malls, Shopping Centers, and Department Stores
- Gas Stations
- Petron, Central Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- CellPhones and Computer Stores
- SECC Computer Sales, Central Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Restaurants and BakeShops
- Baron Bakeshop, Miputak Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Chicken Ati Atihan, Miputak Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Chowking Central Mall, Miputak Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- couples Cakehaus and Pasalubong, Miputak Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Jollibee Central Mall, Miputak Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Julies Bakeshop, Miputak Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- New Allison's Food Plaza, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- TSI Bugan, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Hardware Stores, Appliance Stores, Auto and Motorcycle Supplies, Construction Supply Stores
- A-One Auto Supply, Miputak, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Des Appliance Plaza Poblacion, Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte
- Dipolog Fishing Supply Store, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Emcor, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Honda Odyssey Motors, Miputak, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Isaias Top, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Ivy Construction Supply, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Quality Appliance, Miputak, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Reina Marketing, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Top Plaza, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Trans Cycle, Miputak, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Wheel Marketing and Retreading, Central, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Memorial Homes and Funeral Parlors
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Hotels, Motels, and Pension Houses
- Pharmacies and Drug Stores
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Zamboanga del Norte, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, ADD, or EDIT Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Zamboanga del Norte here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Zamboanga del Norte here.
- List the Methodist churches in Zamboanga del Norte here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Zamboanga del Norte here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Zamboanga del Norte here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Zamboanga del Norte here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Zamboanga del Norte here.
- List the Baptist churches in Zamboanga del Norte here.
Schools in Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
Department of Education Zamboanga del Norte
SHARIF ADZHAR H. SARAHADIL
- Andres Bonifacio College.
College Park, Miputak, DIPOLOG CITY,Zamboanga del Norte
Tel: 065-212-2937 Fax: 065-212-7817
- Zamboanga del Norte Agricultural College
Tampilisan, Zamboanga del Norte
- St. Vincent College
Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Rizal Memorial National School
Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte
- Katipunan National Agricultural School
Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte
- Dipolog Medical Center College Foundation
Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
Dapitan and Dipolog
Sports and Recreation in Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Zamboanga del Norte.
- The name of your sports/recreation, address, phone number.
Arts and Culture in Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Zamboanga del Norte.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Zamboanga del Norte!
Economy of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Zamboanga del Norte you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Zamboanga del Norte, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Zamboanga del Norte Philippines" page.
Natural Resources of Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
About half of the province’s land area is devoted to agriculture. Corn, coconut, and rice are major crops. The province being rich in marine and mineral sources, its fish production has accelerated through the development of fishponds. Commercial fishing has likewise steadily increased through the years, with the yellow fin tuna as the primary species.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
- Rizal Shrine
- Philippine National Hero Dr. Jose P. Rizal spent his last four years in exile in Dapitan. His original estate here has been declared a national shrine and is being administered by the National Historical Institute. Hence, the city monicker, "Shrine City of the Philippines." By the year 2020, Dapitan is poised to become the Dr. Jose Rizal Heritage Center of the Philippines, owing to the wealth of Rizal memorabilia and memorable places associated with the hero.
- Dapitan City Plaza
- Occupying an area of more or less one hectare (2.711 acres), the Dapitan City Plaza was developed and beautified by Dr. Jose Rizal, the Philippines' National Hero, with the assistance of Gov. Carcinero. His plan had been to make it comparable to the plazas he had seen in Europe.
- Relief Map of Mindanao
- Across St. James Church is found a huge map of Mindanao, resting on a total land area of roughly 900 square meters. It was done by Philippine National Hero Dr. Jose Rizal. He intended it as a motivating device for teaching history and geography to the townsfolk.
- The Aqueduct
- It is a reservoir that had also served as a good water system. Bamboo tubes were used to connect the diversion canal to the kitchen and lavatory. The original dam still exists today.
- Casa Redonda
- It is an octagonal dwelling that served as the quarters for Dr. Jose Rizal's pupils. Later converted to a clinic, it was here that George Tauter, the foster father of Josephine Bracken, had his eye operation.
- Casa Cuadrada
- It is the main house that served as the residence of Dr. Jose Rizal together with members of his family, who came to visit him every so often. It has been faithfully reconstructed using its original light native materials.
- Casa Redonda Pequeña
- It is a hexagonal structure that had served as a chicken house during Dr. Jose Rizal's stay in Dapitan.
- Casitas Hospitales
- Two of these structures were originally intended as tea houses but Dr. Jose Rizal converted them into clinics to accommodate patients from far-flung municipalities.
- Mi Retiro Rock
- A naturally heart-shaped rock, it is so called because it was where Dr. Jose Rizal had scribed the beautiful verses of his poems, "Mi Retiro" and "Himno a Talisay." It is also known as Batong Lumayag as it appears to be afloat during high tide. Presently, it lies within an artificial lagoon.
- It is an open-air auditorium with a seating capacity of 500, which was constructed beyond the Mi Retiro Rock.
- Holy Rosary Cathedral
- It was erected by the Spanish friars sometime in 1895, before Dipolog City became a municipality. Records show that the cathedral altar was designed by Dr. Jose Rizal, who was still serving the tenure of his Dapital exile in those years.
- Sta. Cruz
- Migrating Boholanos from the Visayas landed here in May 1905 and then planted a cross to symbolize Christianity.
- Filipino-Japanese Memorial Park
- A World War II memorial in Barangay Dicayas now stands over a battleground where Filipino and Japanese soldiers clashed fiercely and many lost their lives. The memorial is accessible in 15 minutes from the city proper via the highway.
courtesy: WOW Philippines
Landmarks: Monuments or Historic buildings in Paso Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
Statue of Christ in Pangalalan, Sindangan
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
Sinulog and Kinabayo
It is a two-day celebration, held from July 24 to 25, of the annual patronal feast of St. James. The Sinulog is a dance procession while the Kinabayo is an exotic and colorful pageant re-enacting the Spanish-Moorish Wars, particularly, the Battle of Covadonga. During this battle, the Spanish forces under General Pelagio took their last stand against the Saracens. They were able to reverse the tide of the war with the miraculous apparition of St. James, the Apostle. The addition of local color and innovations make this annual revelry a popular attraction drawing crowds to the city.
News About the Philippines
- EU grants Philippines zero tariffs on strategic exports
- Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:00 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The European Parliament on Thursday night (Manila time) completed the last stage in the process to grant the Philippines GSP+ that will provide duty free entry to the EU for some of the most important Philippine exports.
- The GSP+ preferences cover over 6,200 tariff lines including fruit and foodstuffs, coconut oil, footwear, fish and textiles ......................... Full Story»
- NEDA prepares P625-B PPP projects
- Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The National Economic and Development Authority – Investment Coordination Committee (NEDA-ICC) is set to discuss on Friday eight public private partnership (PPP) projects worth P625 billion including the rebidding of the Cavite – Laguna expressway (Calax) and the Swiss challenge for the North Luzon and South Luzon Expressway connector road.
- PPP Center executive director Cosette Canilao told a press conference on the sidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) PPP Networking Forum that NEDA-ICC is scheduled to discuss the rebidding of the P35.4 billion Calax as well as the Swiss challenge for the P18 billion NLEX-SLEX connector road ......................... Full Story»
Gunman shoots ex-official
- Source: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/zamboanga/local-news/2014/12/18/gunman-shoots-ex-official-382660
- Thursday, December 18, 2014
- By Bong Garcia (Sunnex)
A FORMER elected official was shot and wounded by a lone gunman while listening to children on caroling in the province of Zamboanga del Norte, the police reported Thursday.
Police Regional Office (PRO)-Zamboanga Peninsula information officer Inspector Dahlan Samuddin said the incident took place around 8:30 p.m. in the village of Ramon Magsaysay, Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte.
Samuddin identified the victim as Romeo Porton, 56, a former councilor of Ramon Magsaysay village.
He said investigation showed that Porton was lying at a hammock outside his house listening to children who were caroling when shot by the gunman as he was picking up money from his pocket.
Porton was brought to Sindangan District Hospital by his relatives for immediate treatment but was later transferred to a hospital in Dipolog City, the capital of Zamboanga del Norte.
Investigation continued Thursday in a bid to identify and arrest the gunman, said Samuddin.
Zamboanga del Norte Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by Location or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|7100||Dipolog City||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7101||Dapitan City||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7102||Roxas||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7103||Sibutad||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7104||Rizal||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7105||Pinan||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7106||Polanco||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7107||Mutia||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7108||Sergio Osmena||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7109||Katipunan||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7110||Manukan||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7111||Jose Dalman (Ponot)||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7112||Sindangan (Leon B. Postigo)||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7113||Siayan||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7114||Salug||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7115||Liloy||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7116||Tampilisan||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7117||Labason||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7118||Gutalac||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7119||La Libertad||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7120||Siocon||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7121||Siraway||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7122||Sibuco||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7123||Baliguian||Zamboanga del Norte|
|7124||Kalawit||Zamboanga del Norte|
Why Z-Wiki Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines?
We want to give the people of Zamboanga del Norte the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Zamboanga del Norte is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Zamboanga del Norte participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Zamboanga del Norte.
Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- Tour of Matabungkay 2014 - Billed as “the most awaited road cycling event of the year”, the 2014 Tour of Matabungkay attracted a record number of participants at just over 500 riders across the categories for the challenging four stage 3-day race. Read More
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Zamboanga del Norte.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.