Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
Balud I •
Balud II •
Balud Lilo-an •
Dawis Centro •
Dawis Norte •
Dawis Sur •
Ilawod Poblacion •
Ilaya Poblacion •
Inagdangan Centro •
Inagdangan Norte •
Inagdangan Sur •
Jalaud Norte •
Jalaud Sur •
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
List of Municipalities in the Iloilo Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Ajuy | Alimodian | Anilao | Badiangan | Balasan | Banate | Barotac Nuevo | Barotac Viejo | Batad | Bingawan | Cabatuan | Calinog | Carles | Concepcion | Dingle | Dueñas | Dumangas | Estancia | Guimbal | Igbaras | Janiuay | Lambunao | Leganes | Lemery | Leon | Maasin | Miagao | Mina | New Lucena | Oton | Pavia | Pototan | San Dionisio | San Enrique | San Joaquin | San Miguel | San Rafael | Santa Barbara | Sara | Tigbauan | Tubungan | Zarraga
Cities in the province of Iloilo: Iloilo City (Capital) | Passi City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines|
Zarraga within Iloilo
Municipality Hall of Zarraga
- Zarraga has a total of 24 barangays
- Registered Voters of Zarraga as of (2010) = 14,450
- Zarraga is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Iloilo.
- Population of Zarraga (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 21,458
- Land Area of Zarraga (as of 2007, in hectares) = 5,448
- Zarraga is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Zarraga is in the Iloilo province and within Region_VI in the Western Visayas Area in the eastern side of the island of panay
Geography of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
Zarraga Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 5,448
Location of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
History of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
The beginning of Zarraga
People of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
- Zarraga Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 21,458
- Zarraga Registered Voters (2009) = 14,450
Local Government Unit LGU of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
Please help us keep this site updated. If you are from Zarraga and you know the names of the elected officers, please go ahead and post them here.
- Elected Officials of Zarraga for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Zarraga, Iloilo for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Zarraga.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Zarraga
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes.
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Zarraga, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
The name of your school in Zarraga can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Zarraga you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Zarraga, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Zarraga in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Zarraga. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Zarraga landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Zarraga.
Your Story about Zarraga, Iloilo, Philippines
Tell your story about Zarraga. You can talk about the good things in Zarraga or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Zarraga. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Pictures of Zarraga
- Click HERE to view more PHOTOS about Zarraga.