Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
Barangays of Agutaya in the Palawan Province within Region IV-B(calabarzon) in the Republic of The Philippines
Abagat (Pob.) • Algeciras • Bangcal (Pob.) • Cambian (Pob.) • Concepcion • Diit • Maracanao • Matarawis • Villafria • Villasol
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities of Palawan Province within Region IV-B(Mimaropa) in the Republic of The Philippines
Aborlan | Agutaya | Araceli | Balabac | Bataraza | Brooke's Point | Busuanga | Cagayancillo | Coron | Culion | Cuyo | Dumaran | El Nido | Kalayaan | Linapacan | Magsaysay | Narra | Quezon | Rizal | Roxas | San Vicente | Sofronio Española | Taytay
Cities in the Province of Palawan: Puerto Princesa City (Capital)
Seal of Agutaya
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Palawan Province, Philippines|
Map locator of Agutaya, Palawan
Map locator of Palawan
Municipality Hall of Agutaya
Please upload Picture
- Agutaya has a total of 10 barangays
- Registered Voters of Agutaya as of (2010) = 5,051
- Population of Agutaya (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 10,426
- Land Area of Agutaya (as of 2007, in hectares) = 3,731
- Agutaya is a 5th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Agutaya is in the Palawan province and within Region_IV-B. It is within the island group of Cuyo in the north-eastern part of the island of Palawan.
- 1 Geography of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 2 Location of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 3 History of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 4 People of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 5 Elected Government Officials of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 7 Sports News of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 8 News and Events
- 9 Real Estate for Sale or lease in Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 10 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 11 Schools in Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 12 Economy of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 13 Natural Resources of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 14 Tourists Attractions of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 15 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 16 Your Story about Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 17 The oldest man or woman in Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 18 Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 19 Agutaya, Palawan Photo Gallery
- 20 Disclaimer
Geography of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
Agutaya Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 3,731
Location of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- 11.1500° N, 120.9500° E - Agutaya, Coordinates
- Agutaya is in the Palawan province.
- Palawan is an island province within Region_IV-B
History of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
Agutaya was formerly a part of Cuyo. It was made into a separate district during the later part of the Spanish regime. The town’s name was derived from the word aguanan, a root growing abundantly in the place, and yon, a kind of fish that abounds in the sea. The word ta was added in between agu andyon to form the town’s name.
People of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- Agutaya Population (as of 2015 Census) = 12,545
- Agutaya Population (as of May 1, 2010 Census) = 11,906
- Agutaya Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 10,426
- Agutaya Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 5,051
According to the 2007 census, Agutaya has a population of 10,426 residents and is part of the big group of 1073 cities and municipalities in the Philippines which have more than 10.000 residents but did not reach 50.000 population yet. Based on the number of its inhabitants Agutaya is number 1504 of the most populous cities of the Philippines and at 695 in Luzon group of islands and at 22 of the most populous cities of province Palawan. With an area of 37.31 km² Agutaya occupies a relatively small urban area. Accordingly, there is a high population density. In Agutaya, by average, 279.44 people live in one square kilometer. This makes Agutaya the most heavily populated city of province Palawan.
Elected Government Officials of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state"..
- Elected officials of Agutaya for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Agutaya: Perla Caabay Bacuel
- Vice-Mayor of Agutaya: Pablito Cadlaon
- Councilors of Agutaya:
- Godofredo Zumaraga Jr.
- Joey Zumaraga
- Fernando Ilustrisimo Sr.
- Alex Cayupan
- Henry Aban
- Meto Pedrona
- Nena Abela
- Merla Abela
- Elected officials of Agutaya for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Agutaya: RAGUIN, MARY JANE (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN
- Vice-Mayor of Agutaya: CADLAON, PABLITO (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN
- Councilors of Agutaya:
- ABELA, NENA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 812 9.39%
- LAGAN, JOHN INDEPENDENT 773 8.94%
- DACUAN, RODIL (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN 738 8.54%
- LLANZANA, RONIE (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN 697 8.06%
- BACOSA, ARLITO (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN 683 7.90%
- NANGIT, MYRNA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 638 7.38%
- LAAB, RONNIE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 602 6.96%
- BAUTISTA, ROMEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 567 6.56%
- Elected officials of Agutaya for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Agutaya: Perla Caabay Bacuel
- Vice-Mayor of Agutaya: Melvin Medici Baconggol
- Councilors of Agutaya:
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. After the election they forget you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
Businesses in Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Sports News of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Agutaya? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Agutaya? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Agutaya.
- Rondina, Ateneo tanker are UAAP’s top athletes
- Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:00 am
- University of Santo Tomas volleyball superstar Sisi Rondina and Ateneo swimming stalwart Jessie Khing Lacuna were named as the Athletes of the Year
- Tuesday night at the Mall of Asia Arena ............................... Full Story»
News and Events
- PH attains top ranks in startup research
- Thursday, May 23, 2019
- The Philippines bagged top ranks in five categories in the Global Startup Ecosystem Report by policy advisory services provider and researcher Startup Genome, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said on Tuesday.
- In a statement, DTI said the country was recognized for the following aspects: Global Ecosystem for Bang for Buck (top 10), Activation Ecosystem for Connectedness (top 5), Exit Growth Index (top 5), Output Growth Index (top 6) and Funding Growth Index (top 9) ........... Full Story»
- PH, SoKor vow to strengthen economic ties
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- The Philippines remains committed to strengthen its partnership with South Korea in the light of the latter’s plan to expand assistance to the Association of Southeast Asian Nation (Asean).
- Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez expressed to delegates from the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) led by its president Lee Mikyung the Philippines’ appreciation over KOICA’s support for the government’s efforts to enhance the use of digital technology in improving tax administration through its support for the electronic invoicing and receipts system of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) ........... Full Story»
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Agutaya, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
The name of your school in Agutaya can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Agutaya you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Agutaya, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Agutaya in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Agutaya. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Agutaya landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Agutaya. Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Agutaya. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Agutaya.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Agutaya, Palawan Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Palawan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Agutaya, Palawan, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.