List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
President Duterte and his followers promote the biggest DECEPTION and con in the Philippines. They push for Federalism and constitutional reform or charter change (cha-cha) just to boost political dynasties and to give the Muslims(Moros) their own state, a "BangasaMoro" (Muslim Nation), an Islamic State within the Philippines.
Barangays of Alcantara in the Romblon Province within Region IV-B(mimaropa) in the Republic of The Philippines
Bagsik • Bonlao • Calagonsao • Camili • Camod-Om • Gui-ob • Lawan • Madalag • Poblacion • San Isidro • San Roque • Tugdan
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Romblon Province within Region IV-B(mimaropa) in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara | Banton | Cajidiocan | Calatrava | Concepcion | Corcuera | Ferrol | Looc | Magdiwang | Odiongan | Romblon (Capital) | San Agustin | San Andres | San Fernando | San Jose | Santa Fe | Santa Maria
Cities in the Province of Romblon: NONE
Official Seal of Alcantara, Romblon
Alcantara within the Romblon province
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Romblon|
Romblon Province within The Philippines
Municipality Hall of Alcantara, Romblon
Please upload image
Tugdan, Alcantara romblon Airport
Tugdan, Alcantara romblon Airport
Romblon Province, Philippines
Alcantara is one of nine municipality in Tablas Island. The history of Alcantara began in 1870. A group of intrepid settlers from Panay Island led by Gaspar Guevarra found settlement in this place originally referred to as “ Bista de Lawan” and “ Pueblo Guintigui-an” now called “ Daan Banwa” (Old Town). From being a mere barrio of Looc, Alcantara became the 13th municipality of Romblon province on March 21, 1961. President Carlos P. Garcia signed the Executive Order 4276 making Alcantara a municipality.
Alcantara lies in the south western seaboard of Tablas Island. It is bounded in the north by the municipality of Sta. Maria, in the west by Looc, in the South by Sta. Fe and in the east by Romblon Pass. (source: verbatim from: http://www.romblonprov.gov.ph/)
- 1 Geography of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 2 Location of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 3 History of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 4 People of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 5 Local Government Unit LGU of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 13 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- 16 Alcantara, Romblon Photo and Image Gallery
- 17 Disclaimer
Geography of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
The municipality of Alcantara lies in the southeastern seaboard of Tablas bounded on the north by the municipality of Sta. Maria, on the western part of Looc, on south of Sta. Fe, and on the eastern part of Romblon Pass.
Alcantara has a total land area of 9,514 hectares (95.14 sq.kms) and is composed of twelve barangays such as Bonlao, Bagsik, Calagonsao, Camili, Comod-om, Gui-ob, Lawan, Madalag, Poblacion, San Isidro, San Roque and Tugdan.
Location of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
Alcantara lies in the south western seaboard of Tablas Island. It is bounded in the north by the municipality of Sta. Maria, in the west by Looc, in the South by Sta. Fe and in the east by Romblon Pass.
History of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
Alcantara, the 13th municipality in the province of Romblon was created on March 21, 1961 when Pres. Carlos P. Garcia signed Ex. O. 427. It lies in the southeastern seaboard of Tablas Island. It is bounded on the north by the municipality of Sta. Maria, on the west by Looc, on the south by Sta. Fe and on the east by Romblon Pass.
The seat of government is located at barangay Poblacion, where the municipal, public market, RHU clinic and other institutions are located.
The municipality is traversed by the national highway from its western boundary to its northern border along its length near the coast, Communications link with its highland barangays are provided by barangay roads.
The barangay was named after Ciriaco Alcantara, a Cabeza de Barangay who succeeded in convincing the Spanish authorities to create a number of barangays out of the loosely-knit settlements along the southeastern coast of Tablas Island. When the place became a municipality, his name was given to the town and the barangay was called Poblacion.
History for Alcantara began in 1807 when a group of intrepid settlers from Panay Island led by Gaspar Guevarra founded a settlement at a place originally reffered to as “Bista de Lawan” and “Pueblo de Guintigui-an”, now called “Daan Banwa”(old town), about one(1) kilometer northeast of the present town center. The settlers were forced to abandon the place and relocate to the present town site due to the rugged terrain and continous depredation wrought by Moro pirates. The settlement prospered at the new site which led to the settling and development of that particular coast of Tablas Island.
After World War II, Alcantara was the biggest and most progressive barrio of Looc, and this has not gone unnoticed by the high officials of the province. Due to the industry of the people and representations by the then Congressman Jose Moreno and then Governor Manuel L. Solidum, President Garcia signed on March 21,1961 Executive Order No. 427 creating the municipality of Alcantara, composed of eight barangays. In CY 1990, four (4) more barangays were created, bringing the number of barangays of Alcantara to twelve (12).
People of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- Total Population of Alcantara as of 2015 census: 16,351
- Total Population of Alcantara as of 2010 census: 15,428
Local Government Unit LGU of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected officials of Alcantara for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Alcantara: GALICIA, RIZA (LAKAS) 4,404
- Vice-Mayor of Alcantara: Vito Gamul (PDPLBN) 4,855
- Councilors of Alcantara:
- GALIN, ADRIO JR. (LAKAS) 4,787
- COCHING, JR GENING (PDPLBN) 4,554
- MARTINEZ, ERMAR (PDPLBN) 4,547
- GALIN, FRANKIE (PDPLBN) 4,226
- LOTA, MELY (NP) 4,118
- MORALES, JOY (PDPLBN) 4,104
- CABASAL, SUSAN (NP) 3,334
- MARTINO, JOEY (LP) 3,314
- Elected officials of Alcantara for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Alcantara: Eddie Cajilig Lota
- Vice-Mayor of Alcantara: Vito Gamul
- Councilors of Alcantara:
- Frankie Galin
- Miriam Estrada
- Jose Luis Morales
- Gening Coching Jr.
- Joey Martino
- Ermar Martinez
- Dong Dong Francisco
- Tito Anecito
- Elected officials of Alcantara for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Alcantara: Eddie Cajilig Lota (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Alcantara: GALINDEZ, ROBERT (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Alcantara:
- ESTRADA, MIRIAM (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 2489 7.13%
- GALIN, ADRIO JR. INDEPENDENT 2391 6.85%
- GAMUL, JOVITO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 2337 6.70%
- MARTINO, JOEY INDEPENDENT 2329 6.68%
- MARTINO, LARRY INDEPENDENT 2309 6.62%
- FRANCISCO, JURIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 2200 6.31%
- COCHING, GENELITO JR. (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1952 5.60%
- GALIN, FRANKIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1943 5.57%
- Elected officials of Alcantara for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Alcantara: Eddie Cajilig Lota
- Vice-Mayor of Alcantara: Robert Galido Galindez
- Councilors of Alcantara:
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. After the election they forget you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
Businesses in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- If you have real estate property for sale in Alcantara, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, the opening of classes for the year 2020-2021 is deferred to October 5, 2020.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Alcantara can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Alcantara you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Alcantara, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Alcantara in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Alcantara. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction. Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Alcantara landmarks here.
Springs located in Camili, Calogonsao, Bonlao, San Isidro and Madalag will surely refresh and enhance the tourists. They offer fantastic sights and calm atmosphere.
CALAGONSAO BEACH – Located at Barangay Calagonsao, Alcantara. A beach right beside the national highway. Calagonsao has a pebble-covered shoreline. Its ocean floor is sandy and dips abruptly about 6 meters from the shoreline. A cluster of boulders jutting from the shore to about 10 meters into the sea provides for a perfect diving spot.
COVE AND BEACHES – Isolated coves and beaches are plenty where peace and relaxation is priceless.
MOUNTAINS AND FOREST – Mountain hiking. Relish the splendor of the picturesque landscape, listen to the gentle murmurs of the rivers, brave the secrets of dark caves and wander through the cool, lush, green woods of the forest.
AGLICAY BEACH RESORT – Located in Alcantara, Romblon. The Beach has a fantastic scenic nature’s view. With palm-fringed white sand and clear blue water. Feel the comfort which the island offers.
DRANVILLE BEACH RESORT – Located at Barangay Gui-ob. A place where you can feel the refresh air and see the clear waters of the sea.
TUGDAN BEACH – Located in Barangay Tugdan, Alcantara. This Beach in Tugdan is pebble-covered with a wide shoreline. The waters in this part of island are calm with a deep ocean floor.
BINAY-WE BEACH – It is located 1.2 Km. away from the town proper of Alcantara. It is partly shielded from the public’s prying eyes by bight boulders. A small cove with fine white sand, its waters remain calm the whole year around. One can hike going to the beach for it is about a kilometer away from the national road poblacion
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Alcantara. Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Alcantara. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Alcantara.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Romblon, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Alcantara, Romblon, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.