Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Barangays of Bacolod in the Lanao del Norte Province within Region X in the Republic of The Philippines
Alegria • Babalaya • Babalayan Townsite • Binuni • Delabayan West • Demologan • Dimarao • Esperanza • Kahayag • Liangan East • Mati • Minaulon • Pagayawan • Poblacion Bacolod • Punod (Maliwanag) • Rupagan
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Lanao del Norte Province within Region X in the Republic of The Philippines
Bacolod || Baloi || Baroy || Kapatagan || Kauswagan || Kolambugan || Lala || Linamon || Magsaysay || Maigo || Matungao || Munai || Nunungan || Pantao Ragat || Pantar || Poona Piagapo || Salvador || Sapad || Sultan Naga Dimaporo || Tagoloan || Tangcal || Tubod (Capital)
Cities in the province of Lanao del Norte: Iligan City
Bacolod, Lanao del Norte Official Seal
Please upload picture
Bacolod, Lanao del Norte
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Lanao del Norte|
Location of Lanao del Norte within the Philippines
Bacolod, Lanao del Norte Municipal Hall
Please upload picture
Bacolod Lanao Foot Bridge
- 1 Geography of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 2 Location of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 3 History of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 4 People of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 5 Local Government Unit LGU of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 8 Religions in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 13 Fiestas and Traditions of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- 16 Philippine Cycling
- 17 Bacolod, Lanao del Norte Photo Gallery
- 18 Disclaimer
Geography of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- article below copied verbatim from: bacolodlanaodelnortegov.blogspot.com
The Municipality covers a total land area of 10,410 hectares. It extend sixteen (16) kilometers from the shoreline to the south. It is more or less thirty two (32) kilometers away from Tubod, Lanao del Norte, which is the capital town of the Province westward, and thirty (30) kilometers from Iligan City, the industrial hub of Mindanao in the eastern side. It is politically subdivided into sixteen (16) barangays, Seven (7) along the coast ; namely: Liangan East, Esperanza, Poblacion, Binuni, Demologan, Minaulon and Rupagan; and Nine (9) upper barangays; Alegria, Kahayag, Babalaya, Mate, Pagayawan, Babalayan Townsite, Dimarao, Punod and Delabayan West.
The land feature of Bacolod is rolling. The land evenly rolls up to the boundary of the Municipality of Munai. It is bounded by two (2) rivers, the Rupagan River in the eastern side with the Municipality of Kauswagan and the Tunob River from the Municipality of Maigo in the western side. The biggest river traverse in the center of the land area, from the coast of Barangay Liangan. The Liangan River is where the Pagayawan Waterfalls is located together with its three (3) attributtary falls.
The coastal barangays, including Poblacion has an elevation of from 10 to 20 ft above sea level. Barangay Pagayawan is 200 feet high while Alegria is about 150 feet high above sea level. Coconut thrives well in the rugged terrain. The forest reserved is the rugged and rocky sides of the rivers are being preserved for water shed reservation
Location of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- article below copied verbatim from: bacolodlanaodelnortegov.blogspot.com
Bacolod is one of the coastal municipalities in the Province of Lanao del Norte. It covers a total land area of 10,410 hectares, per latest tax mapping activities of the Municipal Assessor and Staff with the assistance of the Provincial Assessor’s Office. It extend sixteen (16) kilometers from the shoreline to the south. It is more or less thirty two (32) kilometers away from Tubod, Lanao del Norte, which is the capital town of the Province westward, and thirty (30) kilometers from Iligan City, the industrial hub of Mindanao in the eastern side.
The Barangays along the coast are traversed by the national highway, while the interior barangays are accessible by provincial and barangay roads, which serves as farm to market roads. With the existence and proper maintenance and improvement of these roads, transporting farm products to the market will be enhanced. The main product is copra, although, bananas are also abundant with other minor crops. Its shoreline area is in Iligan Bay which connects the Panguil Bay, provides a rich fishing waters to the fisher folks, and its beach is rich with shells, thus, the “Hudyaka Kinhason Festival” which is shown every thanksgiving and tourism month celebration serves as its main attraction, derives its theme.
History of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- article below copied verbatim from: bacolodlanaodelnortegov.blogspot.com
Bacolod comes from a Maranao word that means “Rock”. This maybe because, Bacolod is a rocky place, but the Bacolodians believe that the “Rock” is the symbol of the Christian Messiah, that helps them achieve their slogan of “Padayon Pagsidlak Bacolod”.
The municipal government was organized on July 23, 1956, by virtue of R.A. 1415, signed and approved sometime in May 10, 1956, by the late President Ramon Magsaysay. The creation of the Municipality of Bacolod was sponsored by then Congressman Domocao Alonto, when Lanao Province was not yet divided into two (2) with Kolambugan as its mother municipality. It started to operate sometime in July 23, 1956 with the late Nolan J. Antonio as the first Mayor.
It is endowed with rich natural resources. The Pagayawan Waterfalls is known for its vast potentials to generate electricity that can cater not only the Province of Lanao del Norte, but also with its three (3) neighboring provinces. It has three (3) attributary falls that is suitable as tourist attraction not only in the municipality, but also in the whole province of Lanao del Norte. The pristine and scenic beauty of these waterfalls is awe inspiring to behold. Many foreign investors have already come and manifested their desire to harness it.
The municipality is proud of its historical past. Unknown to the people outside, this town was not spared by the insatiable appetite for conquest by the Spanish conquestadores. They have constructed a fort, (Fort Al Monte, in honor of Admiral Pedro Al Monte, a Spanish soldier who conceived the building of forts to strategic locations in the archipelago), in barrio Liangan, now, Liangan East, through forced labor rendered by captured Filipinos. It served as their stronghold against their enemies, however, the relentless onslaught waged by the natives, with the aid of the American soldiers, finally, repulsed the foreign invaders. During the Japanese occupation, the Nipongo soldiers utilized the fort as their citadels against Filipino guerillas but was then recaptured.
People of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- Total Population of Bacolod (as of 2015 Census) = 23,034
- Total Population of Bacolod (as of May 1, 2010 Census) = 21,818
Local Government Unit LGU of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected officials of Bacolod for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Bacolod: Joselito Miquiabas
- Vice-Mayor of Bacolod: Raymund Santos
- Councilors of Bacolod:
- Efimaco Duhaylungsod
- Alfons Janssen Marcera
- Roy Arvin Antonio
- Quintin Clapano Jr.
- Sittie Allyn Sanguila
- Joy Espinosa
- Bayon Palangan
- Julie Acain
- Elected officials of Bacolod for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Bacolod: MIQUIABAS, JOSELITO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Bacolod: SANTOS, RAYMUND (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Councilors of Bacolod:
- MARCERA, ALFONS JANSSEN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 6692 9.81%
- DUHAYLUNGSOD, EFIMACO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 6288 9.21%
- ANTONIO, ROY ARVIN INDEPENDENT 6238 9.14%
- MENDEZ, MARIE JOY (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 6074 8.90%
- CANDA, ARNULFO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 5448 7.98%
- ZAMORA, ARCHER (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4921 7.21%
- CLAPANO, GEMMA (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4580 6.71%
- ACAIN, CRESENCIANO INDEPENDENT 4350 6.37%
- Elected officials of Bacolod for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Bacolod: Joselito Eguac Miquiabas
- Vice-Mayor of Bacolod: Raymund Cogo Santos
- Councilors of Bacolod:
Businesses in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Bacolod, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Religions in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
Schools in Bacolod
Economy of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
The economy of Bacolod
Natural Resources of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
The tourist attractions of Bacolod
Fiestas and Traditions of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Traditions of Bacolod
Your Story about Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Bacolod? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Bacolod. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Bacolod, Lanao del Norte.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Bacolod, Lanao del Norte Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Lanao del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Bacolod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.