The Philippines does not uphold the separation of church and state. It finances Islam.
In Philippines you can grow your own Herbal Remedies to Cure Diseases, Ailments & Illnesses.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Accept the Bitter to get Better
Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Barangays of Barobo, in the Surigao Del Sur Province within Region 13 - CAR in the Republic of The Philippines
Amaga • Bahi • Cabacungan • Cambagang • Causwagan • Dapdap • Dughan • Gamut • Javier • Kinayan • Mamis • Poblacion • Rizal • San Jose • San Roque • San Vicente • Sua • Sudlon • Tambis • Unidad • Wakat
- Barobo is one of the municipalities in Surigao del Sur.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Surigao del Sur Province within Region XIII (Caraga) in the Republic of The Philippines
Barobo • Bayabas • Cagwait • Cantilan • Carmen • Carrascal • Cortes • Hinatuan • Lanuza • Lianga • Lingig • Madrid • Marihatag • San Agustin • San Miguel • Tagbina • Tago
Cities in the Province of Surigao del Sur: Bislig City • Tandag (Capital)
Barobo Municipality Seal
Barobo within Surigao del Sur
Location of Surigao del Sur within Mindanao, Philippines
Barobo Municipality Hall
- 1 Geography of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 2 Location of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 3 History of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 4 People of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 5 Elected Government Officials of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale or lease in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 13 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 14 Sports News of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 15 News and Events
- 16 Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 Your Story about Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 18 The oldest man or woman in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- 19 Barobo, Surigao del Sur Photo Gallery
- 20 Disclaimer
Geography of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Barobo Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 24,250
Location of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Barobo is one of the municipalities in Surigao del Sur.
- Surigao del Sur is in the island of mindanao and within Region_XIII
History of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Barobo became a municipality on October 24, 1960. President Carlos P. Garcia signed Executive Order 407 at Malacanang Palace creating Barobo a municipality. He then appointed Felix P. Urbiztondo as its first mayor.
People of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Population of Barobo as of 2015 census: 49,730
- Population of Barobo as of May 1, 2010 census: 43,663
- Total Population of Barobo (as of Aug 1, 2007): 40,933
- Registered Voters (2009): 21,929
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state"..
- This coming election of 2019, do not vote for candidates who support the Bangsamoro. They want to give the followers of the religion of Islam their own Moro(Muslim) Homeland within the Philippines. NO NO NO. The Philippines is a homeland only for one people, the FILIPINO people. All Filipinos under one homeland. No homeland for the Moros(Muslims). They must learn to live as all of us Filipinos do. No special treatment.
- Elected officials of Barobo for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Barobo: Felixberto Urbiztondo
- Vice-Mayor of Barobo: Joey Pama
- Councilors of Barobo:
- Allan Bernal
- Analon Comandante
- Elena Conde
- Eunizel Bacolod
- Teodora Mira
- Vicente San Pablo
- Weng Sanchez
- Percila Mercader-caballo
- Elected officials of Barobo for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Barobo: URBIZTONDO, FELIXBERTO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Barobo: PAMA, JOEY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Barobo:
- CONDE, ELLEN (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 10918 9.97%
- DANDAN, DORIS (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 10868 9.92%
- COMANDANTE, ANALON (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 10134 9.25%
- BACOLOD, EUNIZEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9768 8.92%
- LUMAPAS, DANNY INDEPENDENT 9737 8.89%
- BALAHAY, RICHARD (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9707 8.86%
- RONQUILLO-SANCHEZ, WENG (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 8666 7.91%
- MIRA, TEODORA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 7834 7.15%
- Elected officials of Barobo for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Barobo: Felixberto Salang Urbiztondo
- Vice-Mayor of Barobo: Joey Soriano Pama
- Councilors of Barobo:
Businesses in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Barobo, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Barobo can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Barobo you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Barobo, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Barobo, Surigao del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or post in .
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Sports News of Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Barobo? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Barobo? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Barobo.
- Perez wins LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2019
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- Spaniard Francisco Mancebo Perez of Matrix Powertag Japan bested all comers including Filipinos Ronald Oranza of Navy-Standard Insurance and Dominic Perez of 7Eleven Cliqq-Air21 by Roadbike Philippines to rule the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2019 that ended in the quiet and serene town of Pandan, Antique.
- Perez, 42, stuck with Oranza and Perez almost all throughout the 148.9-kilometer fifth and final stage that started at the El Pueblo grounds in Roxas City and ended in front of the Pandan Bay Insitute before winding up at 50th in the stage, or 32 seconds off lap winner El Joshua Carino of Navy ............................... Full Story»
News and Events
- US, PH unveils new maritime facility
- Thursday, February 13, 2019
- The United States and the Philippines have commissioned a new maritime training facility in Balagtas, Bulacan to support Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)’s mission of training its workforce and enhance maritime security.
- Admiral Elson Hermogino, Commandant of the Philippine Coast Guard, said the Outboard Motor Center of Excellence, the new maritime training facility funded by the US government would provide strategic benefits to the country’s maritime security ........... Full Story»
- Japan jumpstarts Build with P190B
- Wednesday, February 12, 2019
- The loan agreements formalized between the Philippines and Japan since the start of the Duterte administration has amounted to 398.82 billion yen, or about P189.92 billion, the Department of Finance (DOF) said.
- The amount financed various projects: the Maritime Safety Capability Improvement Project for the Philippine Coast Guard (Phase II); Harnessing Agribusiness Opportunities through Robust and Vibrant Entrepreneurship Supportive of Peaceful Transformation; Cavite Industrial Area Flood Risk Management Project; Arterial Road Bypass Project (Phase III) in Bulacan; New Bohol Airport Construction and Sustainable Environment Protection Project (II); Metro Rail Transit Line 3 Rehabilitation Project; Pasig-Marikina River Channel Improvement Project (Phase IV); North-South Commuter Railway Extension Project (1st tranche of loan); and the Metro Manila Subway Project (Phase I) ........... Full Story»
Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Your Story about Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Barobo? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Barobo. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Barobo.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Barobo, Surigao del Sur Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Surigao del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Barobo, Surigao del Sur, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.