Separation of Church and State
"Let there be freedom of religion, but keep religion separate from government. A country that bows down to the laws of religion will one day be governed by religion." fhm
Bunguiao Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco-D2 • Ayala-D1 • Baliwasan-D1 • Baluno-D1 • Boalan-D2 • Bolong-D2 • Buenavista-D2 • Bunguiao-D2 • Busay-D2 • Cabaluay-D2 • Cabatangan-D1 • Cacao-D2 • Calabasa-D2 • Calarian-D1 • Camino Nuevo-D1 • Campo Islam-D1 • Canelar-D1 • Capisan-D1 • Cawit-D1 • Culianan-D2 • Curuan-D2 • Daap • Dita-D2 • Divisoria-D2 • Dulian Bunguiao-D2 • Dulian Pasonanca-D1 • Guisao-D2 • Guiwan-D2 • Kasanyangan-D2 • La Paz-D1 • Labuan-D1 • Lamisahan-D2 • Landang Gua-D2 • Landang Laum-D2 • Lanzones-D2 • Lapakan-D2 • Latuan Curuan-D2 • Licomo-D2 • Limaong • Limpapa-D1 • Lubigan-D2 • Lumayang-D2 • Lumbangan-D2 • Lunzuran-D2 • Maasin-D1 • Malagutay-D1 • Mampang-D2 • Manalipa-D2 • Mangusu-D2 • Manicahan-D2 • Mariki-D1 • Mercedes-D2 • Muti-D2 • Pamucutan-D1 • Pangapuyan-D2 • Panubigan-D2 • Pasilmanta-D2 • Pasobolong-D2 • Pasonanca-D1 • Patalon-D1 • Putik-D2 • Quiniput-D2 • Recodo-D1 • Rio Hondo-D1 • Salaan-D2 • San Jose Cawa-Cawa-D1 • San Jose Gusu-D1 • San Ramon-D1 • San Roque-D1 • Sangali-D2 • Sibulao Curuan-D2 • Sinubong-D1 • Sinunuc-D1 • Sta. Barbara-D1 • Sta. Catalina-D2 • Sta. Maria-D1 • Sto. Niño-D1 • Tagasilay-D2 • Taguiti-D2 • Talabaan-D2 • Talisayan-D1 • Talon-Talon-D2 • Taluksangay-D2 • Tetuan-D2 • Tictapul-D2 • Tigbalabag-D2 • Tigtabon-D2 • Tolosa-D2 • Tugbungan-D2 • Tulungatung-D1 • Tumaga-D1 • Tumalutab-D2 • Tumitus-D2 • Victoria-D2 • Vitali-D2 • Zambowood-D2 • Zone I-D1 • Zone II-D1 • Zone III-D1 • Zone IV-D1
When in Zamboanga City Visit
The Philippine government must STOP FINANCING Islam.
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Zamboanga City, Philippines|
Welcome Arch to Bunguiao
Tree House on side of Road. Rice fields on both sides of the road.
Coconuts planted near ricefields
- 1 Location of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 2 History of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 3 People of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 5 Businesses in Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 6 Bunguiao, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
- 7 Real Estate for Sale or lease in Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 9 Schools in Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 10 Economy of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 11 Natural Resources of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 13 Fiestas and Traditions of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 14 Your Story about Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 15 Families of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 16 Bunguiao Zamboanga City Photo Gallery
- 17 Disclaimer
Location of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
Distance from CITY PROPER: 34.00 Kilometers Location: East Coast - West side of the Highway
- Bunguiao is an interior Barangay located some 3.75 kms. from the national highway at Pamingitan on the boundary shared by Barangays Sangali and Bolong. It is bounded on the north by Barangay Dulian-Bunguiao, on the east by Barangay Bolong, on the south by Barangay Sangali and on the west by the DENR protected areas of Upper Bunguiao.
It consists of five (5) zones, which comprise the Barangay proper and fourteen (14) sitios.
Ninety-five percent (95%) of the population is Roman Catholic and the rest is Muslims. Although religion has never been an issue or source of conflict among the residents, still religious bigotry and prejudice are discouraged. Source: Zamboanga City Government
History of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
The folklore goes: There was a hunter with a rifle. He shot a wildcat, did not kill it but simply wounded it. The sound of the rifle and the cry of the cat, "Bung" + "Ngiao", became a nick name for the hunter who lived in the area, because he was such a "bad-shot". So whenever anyone was asked where they were heading, and if it's the direction of the hunter's house, they would reply "towards Bung-Ngiao's place". The name stuck.
Bunguiao became a Barangay of Zamboanga City by Virtue of Commonwealth Act No. 39, series of 1937.
The Barangay elected its first Barrio Lieutenant after the enactment of Republic Act 1254 (June 10, 1956). Prior to that year, Bunguiao was under the leadership of a Cabeza del Barrio.
It started as a small community in the late 19th or 20th century. During the 1930’s, Bunguiao had its first community chapel constructed under the able leadership of Mr. Jacinto Lovo. The first chapel was built at Zone 4 area where the present house of Mr. Arturo Pangilinan now stands, and was constructed of light materials of wood and nipa.
When World War II broke out, the chapel was temporarily transferred to Sitio Siguinan on the lot of Mr. Jacinto Lovo. After the war, it was transferred back to its original site. By then, the surrounding area of the chapel became filled with residential houses that.
It was around the 1950’s that the chapel was transferred to its present location on the lot of the late Doña Valeria Camins Paulino, mother of the present Punong Barangay.
Bunguiao became a parish in 1992 and on the same site where the last chapel was built, now stands the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Church.
Past and Present Barangay heads of Bunguiao
From 1952 up to the present
1. Toribio Natividad Cabeza del Barrio 1952- 1956
2. Anastacio Divinagracia Teniente del Barrio 1956- 1960
3. Teofilo Perez Teniente del Barrio 1960- 1964
4. Macario Basilio Teniente del Barrio 1964- 1968
5. Jesus Salazar Barangay Captain 1968- 2002
6. Col. Armando C. Paulino PAF (Ret.) Barangay Captain 2002- 2007 Source of information: Zamboanga City Government
People of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- 2007 Census
- Total Population: 7,978
- Number of Household: 1,345
- Population as of May 1, 2010 Census: 7,368
Elected Government Officials of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
|The barangay election of 2018 is over. The COMELEC is supposed to make the election results PUBLICLY available as President Duterte promised. Will they? It is October of 2018 and the results are not available. Please write to the Comelec and complain at this email address: email@example.com|
If you are an elected official of this barangay, please email the election result of your barangay to firstname.lastname@example.org. The names of the officials will be listed below. Share PUBLIC INFORMATION.
- Elected Officials of Bunguiao for the term of 2018-2021
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain :
- Barangay Councilors(Kagawads):
- Elected Officials of Bunguiao for the term of 2013-2016-18
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Atilano, Nestor Horton
- Barangay Kagawad Tarroza, Bienvenido Ibanez
- Barangay Kagawad Resurreccion, Leo Araneta
- Barangay Kagawad Francisco, Nonito Salazar
- Barangay Kagawad Gregorio, Baybina Aramal
- Barangay Kagawad Arquiza, Reynerio Tan
- Barangay Kagawad Alviar, Joebirth Aizon
- Barangay Kagawad Saddalani, Flordelina Araneta
- Elected Officials of Bunguiao for the term of 2010-2013
- Bunguiao, Barangay Chairman, Nestor H. Atilano
- Bunguiao, Kagawad 1, Benjamin S. Francisco Jr.
- Bunguiao, Kagawad 2, Bienvinido I. Tarroza
- Bunguiao, Kagawad 3, Leo A. Resurreccion
- Bunguiao, Kagawad 4, Felina E. Resola
- Bunguiao, Kagawad 5, Albin E. Francisco
- Bunguiao, Kagawad 6, Ester T. Galvez
- Bunguiao, Kagawad 7, Nonito S. Francisco
- Bunguiao, SK Chairman, Alrich E. Francisco
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
Businesses in Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses in your Barangay
- Lending Firms, Pawnshops, any Financial businesses
- Clinics and Care Centers
- Convenient Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Any kid of Retail Outlet
- Fish & Meat Markets
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants or Carenderias (carinderias), bakeshops
Principal Corporate Address: Zone IV, Bunguiao, Zamboanga City, 7000, Philippines. Tel. No. +63 62 926 0448; +63 905 468 0868 E-mail: email@example.com VintAsia sets its historical foot in the limelight of Bunguiao to be the first-ever, chic and trendy Bistro and Restaurant to be established in this countryside. We are located East coast, around 35 kms. away from Downtown Zamboanga City, around 6-km proximity to the prominent Sangali Fishing Port Complex and some 3.5 kms away from the Maria Clara Lobregat Highway (the principal road connecting to all parts of the Philippines). It is almost adjacent to Bunguiao Barangay Office.
We offer myriad of options in Filipino-Asian cuisine with a Global Taste for an International You.
From Desayuno y Comida (Brunch) to Tapas y Entradas (Appetizers), Ensaladas (Salads) to Desde La Parilla (From the Grills), Caldo (Soups), Verduras y Otro Mas (Vegetarian & Health-Nourishing Meals) and Postres (Desserts), we are certain that everyone will find the best option that will suit every discriminating palate. We DELIVER and CATER for all Special Occasions (Birthdays, Weddings, Baptisms) and all Family and Corporate Functions and Thematic Events. ALL our CATERING PACKAGES were custom-fit with YOU in OUR MINDS. Filipino-Asian-International Cuisines. We have everything for anything you desire. Discuss your requirements with our Team of F & B Experts. Experience the true International Chavacano hospitality where Quality, Loyalty and Excellence are our top priority.
- Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
Bunguiao, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Bunguiao, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Parish - (Founded: 1993)
Schools in Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- Bunguiao Elementary School
- Bunguiao National High School
Economy of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Natural Resources of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or via .
Fiestas and Traditions of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
Fiesta: February 11
Your Story about Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Submitted_by: Ellie Mamaril Rudd : year 2000
I like surfing the net and it made me sad that Bunguiao has no information or data available. Fortunately my mother is here with me at the moment, by the way I live in Australia. My mother is like a walking history book of Bunguiao she now resides in South San Francisco USA & is presently here with me on holiday and will go back to US via Phil on March2001.
Bunguiao is situated 32 kilometers from the city of Zamboanga and can be reached through a detour between Sanggali and Bolong with a voting population of approximately 7000. Bunguiao is composed of sitios Suiginan, Manga, Licopon, Calingat, Sapa Seco, Campo Lourdes, Waray-waray, Baluno, Nanka, San Isidro and Campo Socorro.
Bunguiao is the chief producer of bananas, coconuts, marang, mangoes, jackfruits and other fruits and vegetables which are sold in the city of Zamboanga. The barangay boasts of the largest number of buses plying back and forth from the city mostly to transport its produces and residents. These buses are very convenient to a large number of employees working in the various government and private offices in the city as well as the adjoining suburbs. Furthermore it is expedient to teachers & students who commutes daily to the different universities and colleges who prefers to live in their own homes rather than staying with relatives or boarding houses.
The barangay of Bunguiao has its own public primary, elementary and high schools as well as daycares and pre-school/kindergarten for the very young.
The site of the Bunguiao Elementary school which is located at the centre of the barangay was donated by the late Dona Valeria Ledesma Camins vda de Paulino as well as the site of the parish church which is about 500 meters from each other.
Religious needs of the predominantly catholic community is provided by the Claretian Fathers headed by Father Emilio Pablo and parish priest Father Jojo. the Claretian community in Bunguiao has two novitiates: one for future priests and another for future nuns who hails from different provinces throughout the Philippines. In fact Father Jojo of Basilan City is a product of this novitiate. Fr Pablo is also the founder and head of the Reflexology Centre composed of seminarians and locals especially trained by him who in return provides free reflexology therapies to the sick and needy in Bunguiao, the city and other surrounding barangays like Dulian, Bolong ect.
Families of Bunguiao, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in the barangay of Bunguiao.
YY | YY | YY | YY | YY
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Bunguiao.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Bunguiao Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Bunguiao Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.