Busay cebu city philippines
Barangays (80) of Cebu City, in the province of Cebu, within Region 7 in the Republic of The Philippines
Adlawon | Agsungot || Apas || Babag || Bacayan || Banawa || Banilad || Basak Pardo || Basak San Nicolas || Binaliw || Bonbon || Budla-an || Bulacao Pardo || Buhisan || Buot-Taup || Busay || Calamba || Cambinocot || Camputhaw (Pob.) || Capitol Site (Pob.) || Carreta || Central (Port Center) || Cogon Ramos || Cogon Pardo || Day-as || Duljo || Ermita || Guadalupe || Guba || Hipodromo || Inayawan || Kalubihan || Kalunasan || Kamagayan || Kamputhaw (Camputhaw) || Kasambagan || Kinasang-an || Labangon || Lahug || Lorega San Miguel || Lusaran || Luz || Mabini || Mabolo Proper || Malubog || Mambaling || Oprra || Pahina San Nicolas || Pahina Central || Pamutan || Pardo Proper || Parian || Paril || Pasil || Pit-os || Pulangbato || Pung-ol Sibugay || Punta Princesa || Quiot Pardo || Sambag I || Sambag II || San Antonio || San Jose || San Nicolas Proper || San Roque || Santa Cruz || Santo Niño || Sapangdako || Sawang Calero || Sinsin || Sirao || Suba || Sudlon I || Sudlon II || T. Padilla || Tabunan || Tagba-O || Talamban || Taptap || Tejero || Tinago || Tisa || Toong || Zapatera
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
Cebu City Map Locator
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Cebu|
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
- 1 Location of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 2 History of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 3 People of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 4 Local Government Unit LGU Officials of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 5 Businesses in Busay
- 6 Real Estate for Sale in Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 8 Schools in Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 9 Natural Resources of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 10 Tourists Attractions of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 11 Fiestas and Traditions of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 12 The oldest man or woman in Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 13 Sports News of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 14 News: Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 15 Your Story about Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- 16 Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 Busay, Cebu City Photo Gallery
- 18 Disclaimer
Location of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Brgy. Busay is bounded on the Northwest by Brgy. Babag, on the Northeast Brgy. Budlaan and on the Southeaster is Brgy. Kalunasan. The total land area is 690 has. It is about 7 kms. From the City of Cebu. Brgy. Busay is composed of 21 Sitios namely: Nnivel Hill,s Sambag, Downsview, Tanguili, PBN Housing, Plazaville, Upper Laguerta, Maaslom, NHA Busay Heights, Patan-on, Lower Busay, Mahayahay, Kalubihan, Hoyohoy, Kangmaya, Grahe, Cambayog, Pine Tree, Danao, Kabungahan and Roosevelt.
TOPOGRAPHY: The topographic condition of the area varies from steep slope in the upper portion to gently rolling slope in the lower portion which the elevation ranges at 400 m ASL. This barangay has rugged hillsides and topographically/shrub land area. Brgy. Busay is centered on agro-forestation like mango and cutflowers.
GEOLOGY and SOIL CONDITIONS: Soil classification is found to be sandy-loam, clay loam limestones areas. This soil is good for mango, jackfruit, avocado and guavas.
History of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Barangay Busay was formally organized in the year 1930, it was officially declared as a barangay in Cebu City. History told that the name of Barangay Busay was derived from the name of "Busay" or Waterfalls. The Barangay got its name from the original settlers. In other words, Barangy Busay is a place where the busay or a waterfall is situated. Hence, settlers decides to name the place Barangay Busay.
In 1964, the people of Barangay Busay elect its first Barangay Captain in the person of Brgy. Captain SIMEON ROSALDO, he was popularly known as MANO MEON. Mano Meon serves Barangay Busay as Brgy. Capt. for more than 25 years from 1964 – 1989. He succeeded Filomeno Cadutdut the last Tenyente Del Barrio who serves the brgy. When Mano Meon retires in the barangay politics, his brother-in-law Rufino Del Mar was elected as Brgy. Capt. For one term from 1989 – 1994. The son of Mano Meon, Silverio Rosaldo took reign for two consecutive terms from 1994 – 2002. Outside from the family circle, now Brgy. Capt. ELIODORO “YODY” A. SANCHEZ, emerged and took the reign from then Brgy. Capt. Rosaldo.
People of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Based on the 2009 survey Barangay Busay has a total of population of 9,920.
Most of Busaynon is known for mango production and cutflowers. Most of the people engaged in farming fruit-bearing trees vegetables, root crops and the cutflower In the lower portion of the Barangay most of the people are laborers, government employees, private practitioners of their professions and businessmen.
As of the very recent update health census, Brgy. Busay experienced a mild case of malnutrition mostly affected were tiny children. However, through the effort of the Brgy. Council and the Health Personnel of the Barangay (Midwife, BHW and CNS)they gave health care tips and house to house visitation and consultation to these children. This case was minimized, however there is a need of more medicine supplies for this barangay.
The health personnel consist of one Midwife, four Barangay Health Workers one Consultant Doctor and one Dentist. The health facilities in the center are largely for maternity use. Other facilities and medicine are for first aid use, severe health cases are being brought to the nearest hospital for further treatment. The Doctor and Dentist conduct weekly consultation in this barangay.
Brgy. Busay has approximately 1,653 household with an average of 6 members per family. It has a population density of 7.75 per hectare. The type of housing construction materials used are made of light materials while others used semi-concrete and concrete materials specially in the subdivision areas.
As of 2003, Barangay Busay has six subdivisions most situates in the southern part namely: Sugbo Homes, Sto. Niño PBN Housing, Busay Heights, Plazaville, Gardenville, Jardin De Busay and a portion of Maria Luisa Subdivision C-9.
- SPORTS and RECREATION
Almost all sitios in the barangay has a Basketball and Volleyball court, Congressman Raul Del Mar of the first congressional district constructed one sports complex situated at Lower Busay.
- PEACE AND ORDER:
- 23 Barangay Tanods - Renato Caballes Chief Tanod
- 9 Lupong Tagapamayapa - Div. 1- Eugenio M. Lopez;Div. 2- Severino M. Gigantone; Div. 3- Bonifacio Arnado Sr.
- ORGANIZATIONS of Different Sectors:
- Senior Citizens- 312 members - Reynaldo Mojica- President
- Busay Womens (KALIPI) - 140 members - Enesita G. Rosaldo- President
- ERPAT (men) - 46 members - Nelson Pilapil- President
- SOLO Parents- 40 members - Yolanda Asumen- President
- Busay Children Org. 65 members - Beverly Tagyamon- President
- Person with Disability (PWD)- 55 members - Arvin Delfin- President
- Farmers - 75 members - Juanita Lawas- President
Local Government Unit LGU Officials of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- Elected Barangay Officials of Busay for 2013-2016
- Punong Barangay Lopez, Amelo Gabocan
- Barangay Kagawad Sanchez, Eliodoro Alesna
- Barangay Kagawad Caballes, Renato Frejoles
- Barangay Kagawad Rosaldo, Enesita Guardario
- Barangay Kagawad Sanchez, Kevin Anthony Tomarong
- Barangay Kagawad Surban, Nestor Jr. Husain
- Barangay Kagawad Famador, Maria Christia Arcillo
- Barangay Kagawad Arcillo, Jaime Dabuco
- The newly Elected Barangay Officials after October 25, 2010 are as follows for the 2010-2013 term:
- Brgy, Captain: Eliodoro "Yody" A. Sanchez (pang last term bai)
- Barangay councilors :
- Elected Busay Officers for the term of 2007 - 2010
- Punong Barangay: - Eliodoro "Yody" A. Sanchez
- Amilo G. Lopez : Peace and Order & Juvenile Delinquency Committee
- Lolita B. Adolfo : Committee on Health
- Ma. Christia A. Famador : Committee on Education, Day Care Center,Women & SOLO Parent
- Mario C. Arcillo : Committee on Budget Appropriation, Ways & Means, Livelihood and Employment
- Douglas C. Arcillo : Committee on Public Works, Infrastructure & Street Beautification
- Nestor H. Surban Jr. : Committee on Environment, Agriculture, Clean & Green and ERPAT
- Julian N. Book Jr. : Committee on Social Welfare & Services & Street Lighting
- SK Chairman:
- Jay Harris A. Arcillo : Committee on Youth & Sports & Busay Drum & Bugle Corp.
- SK Kagawad:
- Geosadd Saavedra
- Allan Archival
- Ivan James Borres
- Jonel Arcayan
- Catherine Patindol
- Ronel Cometa
- Maria Leny Caballes
- Barangay Secretary
- Barangay Treasurer
Businesses in Busay
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Busay, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
- Holy Family Retreat House
Schools in Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, the opening of classes for the year 2020-2021 is deferred to October 5, 2020.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The schools in Busay
- Busay Elementary School
- Busay National High School
- DAY CARE CENTERS:
- Mother of Perpetual Help Kiddie Care Center- Sitio Grahe - Ms. Maricar Estillore
- Hoyohoy Day Care Center - Sitio Hoyohoy - Ms. Evangeline Taburnal
- Busay Day Care Center- Busay Multi-Purpose Bldg, Nivel Hills- Ms. Estreche Fernandez
- Supervised Neighborhood Play (SNP)- Nivel Hills- Ms. Vilma Bartolome
- Nivel Tutorial Camp - Nivel Hills- Ms. Delia Gigantone & Ms. Ma. Luz Bucog
- Laguerta Day Care Center- Laguerta - Ms. Ma. Glenelie Bacalso
Barangay Busay is a fast growing barangay in the city of Cebu, under the leadership of barangay captain a third termer, YODY A. SANCHEZ, he was able to make brgy.Busay an ideal and lovable pleace to live in, Busay is the gate way to all mountain barangays in the north district of Cebu City. last year 2010, a gasoline station is now in operation to cater the vast increase of the numbers of vehicles passing the transcentral highway of barangay Busay. a Hotel, called HILL TOP hotel own by a korean national is about to finish.
In the early 90's Busay was used to be the flower basket in the city of cebu, were most of the people living in Busay, are in to cut flower industry. Unfortunately, after the construction of the transcentral highway that cut cross to the western sea board of the province of Cebu, the cut flower industry is beginning to deteriorate, due to the rapid construction of Subdivision houses. Some farmers who experience diffulty in cultivating their lands, are now engaged in flower trading or middlemen, they bought their flowers in the next barangays and sell it in the public market.
Most of the people who migrated in Busay, are Government workers and businessman.
Natural Resources of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Busay, Cebu City. Where does the energy source of this Cebu City come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
Tourists Attractions of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Busay in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Busay. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Busay landmarks here.
Fiestas and Traditions of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Fiesta date of Busay
- Sto. Niño Nivel Hills Chapel - Fiesta -last Sunday of January
- Our Lady of Fatima Chapel, Nivel Hills - Fiesta -2nd Saturday of May
- San Jose Chapel- Tanguile- Fiesta -3rd Saturday of March
- Sto. Niño PBN Housing Chapel - Fiesta -3rd Saturday of January
- San Jose Chapel - Patan-on - last Sunday of May
- Sto. Niño NHA Chapel - 2nd Saturday of January
- San Vicente Ferrer - Maaslom - last Saturday of September
- Sto. Niño Lower Busay Chapel - 3rd Saturday of January
- Our Lady of Fatima Hoyohoy Chapel - 3rd Saturday of May
- San Vicente Ferrer Kangmaya Chapel- 2nd Saturday of September
- Sto. Niño Graje Chapel - 1st Sunday of January
- San Roque Roosevelt Chapel - 2nd Saturday of August
- Sto. Niño Laguerta Chapel - last Saturday of January
The oldest man or woman in Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Busay? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Busay. We will then post your entry in Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Busay? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Busay? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in barangay.
News: Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Your Story about Busay, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Busay. You can talk about the good things in Busay or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Busay. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Click HERE to view more PHOTOS about Busay, Cebu City.
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.