Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
President Duterte and his followers promote the biggest DECEPTION and con in the Philippines. They push for Federalism and constitutional reform or charter change (cha-cha) just to boost political dynasties and to give the Muslims(Moros) their own state, a "BangasaMoro" (Muslim Nation), an Islamic State within the Philippines.
Acao • Amerang • Amurao • Anuang • Ayaman • Ayong • Bacan • Balabag • Baluyan • Banguit • Bulay • Cadoldolan • Cagban • Calawagan • Calayo • Duyanduyan • Gaub • Gines Interior • Gines Patag • Guibuangan Tigbauan • Inabasan • Inaca • Inaladan • Ingas • Ito Norte • Ito Sur • Janipaan Central • Janipaan Este • Janipaan Oeste • Janipaan Olo • Jelicuon Lusaya • Jelicuon Montinola • Lag-an • Leong • Lutac • Manguna • Maraguit • Morubuan • Pacatin • Pagotpot • Pamul-Ogan • Pamuringao Garrido • Pamuringao Proper • Pungtod • Puyas • Salacay • Sulanga • Tabucan • Tacdangan • Talanghauan • Tigbauan Road • Tinio-an • Tiring • Tupol Central • Tupol Este • Tupol Oeste • Tuy-an • Zone I Poblacion • Zone II Poblacion • Zone III Poblacion • Zone IV Poblacion • Zone V Poblacion • Zone VI Poblacion • Zone VII Poblacion • Zone VIII Poblacion • Zone IX Poblacion • Zone X Poblacion • Zone XI Poblacion
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Iloilo Province within Region VI-Western Visayas in the Republic of The Philippines
Ajuy | Alimodian | Anilao | Badiangan | Balasan | Banate | Barotac Nuevo | Barotac Viejo | Batad | Bingawan | Cabatuan | Calinog | Carles | Concepcion | Dingle | Dueñas | Dumangas | Estancia | Guimbal | Igbaras | Janiuay | Lambunao | Leganes | Lemery | Leon | Maasin | Miagao | Mina | New Lucena | Oton | Pavia | Pototan | San Dionisio | San Enrique | San Joaquin | San Miguel | San Rafael | Santa Barbara | Sara | Tigbauan | Tubungan | Zarraga
Cities in the province of Iloilo: Iloilo City (Capital) | Passi City
Municipality Seal of Cabautan
Cabatuan within Iloilo
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Iloilo, Philippines|
Map Locator of Iloilo Province
Municipality Hall of Cabatuan
- Cabatuan has a total of 68 barangays
- Registered Voters of Cabatuan as of (2010) = 26,773
- Cabatuan is in the "3rd" Voting Congressional District of Iloilo.
- Population of Cabatuan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 50,861
- Land Area of Cabatuan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 11,290
- Cabatuan is a 2nd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Cabatuan is in the Iloilo province and within Region_VI in the Western Visayas Area in the eastern side of the island of panay
- 1 Geography of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 2 Location of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 3 History of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 4 People of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 5 Local Government Unit LGU of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 13 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- 16 Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 Cabatuan, Iloilo Photo Gallery
- 18 Disclaimer
Geography of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
Cabatuan Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 11,290
Location of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
History of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- Written by Mun. Planning & Devt. Office Thursday, 20 August 2009 00:16
- Copied verbatim from: www.cabatuan.gov.ph/home-mainmenu-1/history-mainmenu-31
CABATUAN lies at the heart of the island of Panay. It is some 24 kilometers from Iloilo City to which it is connected with a national highway that passes through the towns of Pavia and Sta. Barbara. Four other national raods connect Cabatuan with its neighboring towns; to Alimodian in the south, to Maasin in the west, to New Lucena in the north-east, and to Janiuay in the north where the highway continues northward to Lambunao and Calinog and then to Tapaz, Capiz.
Available historical records say that Cabatuan was founded in 1732. The town’s founding in 1732 is further corroborated by a huge cross-made of hard thick “murawon” (molave) the base of which-still stands on Pamul-ogan Hill. On the cross was carved “1732”. Although what remains of the Cross now is only its base, old residents of the town recall that the Cross was more than four meters high, lording it over Tigum River and the plains towards the town. It is presumed that the early founding Spaniards, following their procedure of establishing a new town by first dedicating the place to Christ, had made the Cross and carved the date on it.
Cabatuan was believed originally planned by Tono, its conceded tribal leader, together with two other leaders Gomoc and Amihan. The site of the early settlement was on a level tract of land near the northern bank of the Tigum River where the poblacion is now located.
In 1733, Cabatuan was officially organized upon the installation of Rev. Fr. Antonio Lopez as its first priest and Tono as its first “gobernadorcillo”.
The town hall and the Roman Catholic Church were simultaneously built. The town was placed by the priest under the spiritual protection of Saint Nicolas de Tolentino whom Cabatuananons venerate as their Patron Saint whose feast is celebrated on September 10 every year.
HOW CABATUAN GOT ITS NAME
The name CABATUAN is suggestive of the character of its people and the nature of the locality. It may be derived from the Hiligaynon word “kabatuhan,” meaning full of stones or “bato”; from “batuan”, meaning to resist, defy, oppose, fight, or challenge. Some old folks believed that the name was derived from “batuan”, a tree whose sour fruits are used in seasoning vegetables.
An interesting version of how Cabatuan was named has been generally accepted. There was a creek running right through the heart of the poblacion. It was considered unique because its water flowed from the east to the west, “nagabatu”, in direct contrast to the usual course of creeks and rivers in town. Along the bed of the creek were plenty of stones and along the banks and their vicinity were big “batuan” trees growing among clusters of stones. When the Spaniards came to settle in town, the natives headed by Tono and other leaders suggested that the town be named CABATUAN.
People of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- Population of Cabatuan (as of 2015) census = 58,442
- Population of Cabatuan (as of May 1, 2010) census = 54,950
- Cabatuan Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 50,861
- Cabatuan Registered Voters (2009) = 26,773
Local Government Unit LGU of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected Officials of Cabatuan for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Cabatuan: CASPE, RONILO ONTANILLAS PDPLBN 21,681
- Vice-Mayor of Cabatuan: TUARES, EDUARDO SINGELECIO PDPLBN 14,744
- Councilors of Cabatuan:
- PUEYO, ELIZALDE GUIDORIAGAO PDPLBN 18,689
- TOBIAS, PATRICK ANTHONY CABALES IND 18,222
- GALINDO, ANTHONY III PUEYO PDPLBN 14,458
- BORBON, JEBEE MONTILLE PDPLBN 13,799
- ECHAVEZ, REYNALYN NANDIN PDPLBN 13,537
- CUELLO, CELSO DANIEL PDPLBN 12,439
- LEYSO, LOUVENN CABRA PDPLBN 12,365
- PARCON, JACINTO ONTANILLAS PDPLBN 12,228
- Elected Officials of Cabatuan for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Cabatuan: Ronilo Caspe
- Vice-Mayor of Cabatuan: Eddie Tuares
- Councilors of Cabatuan:
- Patrick Anthony Tobias
- Doc Boboy Pueyo
- Noemi Caballero-lujan
- Fe Tobias
- Plebiscito Alfaro
- Anthony Galindo III
- Reynaldo Nandin
- Jebee Borbon
- Elected Officials of Cabatuan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Cabatuan: Ronilo Ontanillas Caspe - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO
- Vice-Mayor of Cabatuan: Eduardo Singelecio Tuares - INDEPENDENT
- Councilors of Cabatuan:
- MAROMA, VICTOR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9397 8.09%
- CABALLERO-LUJAN, NOEMI (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON 9226 7.94%
- NOLASCO, ZALDY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 8273 7.12%
- TOBIAS, FE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8019 6.91%
- CUELLO, CELSO INDEPENDENT 7808 6.72%
- PARCON, CHIEF INDEPENDENT 6546 5.64%
- CLOMA, EDUARDO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5690 4.90%
- BORBON, JEBEE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5486 4.72%
- Elected Officials of Cabatuan for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor of Cabatuan: Ramon Cao Yee
- Vice-Mayor of Cabatuan: Ronilo Ontanillas Caspe
- Councilors of Cabatuan:
Barangay Elected Officials of Cabatuan, Iloilo for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Cabatuan, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, the opening of classes for the year 2020-2021 is deferred to October 5, 2020.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Cabatuan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Cabatuan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Cabatuan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Cabatuan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Cabatuan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Cabatuan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Cabatuan? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Cabatuan. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Cabatuan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Cabatuan, Iloilo Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Iloilo, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Cabatuan, Iloilo, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.