Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Barangays of Dipolog City, in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Barra • Biasong • Central • Cogon • Dicayas • Diwan • Estaka • Galas • Gulayon • Lugdungan • Minaog • Miputak • Olingan • Punta • San Jose • Sangkol • Santa Filomena • Santa Isabel • Sicayab • Sinaman • Turno
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of Dipolog City, Zanorte
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte|
Dipolog City Map Locator
Location of Zamboanga del Norte
Dipolog City Welcome Arch
City Hall building of Dipolog City
Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral Parish
Dipolog City Bus Terminal
Dipolog City Airport Terminal
Tricycles in place of Taxis in Downtown Dipolog
Post Office, Miputak, Dipolog City
Santa Cruz Central Boulevard, Dipolog City
St. Mary's Academy, Central, Dipolog
Convention and Sports Center, Estaka
|Dipolog City, |
Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 1 Location of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 2 History of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 3 People of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 5 Businesses in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 6 Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 8 Schools in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 9 Arts and Culture in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 12 Sports and Recreation in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 13 Tourists Attractions of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 14 Landmarks: Monuments or Historic buildings in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 15 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 16 Your Story about Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 17 The oldest man or woman in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 18 Featured News of The Philippines
- 19 Why Z-Wiki Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines?
- 20 Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 21 Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 22 Disclaimer
Location of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Coordinates: 08°34′N 123°20′E
- Dipolog City is one of the 18 "coastal" towns (with seashores bordering the Sulu Sea) of Zamboanga del Norte starting from the border of Zamboanga City and are lined up as follows: 1 Sibuco, 2 Sirawai, 3 Siocon, 4 Baliguian, 5 Gutalac, 6 Labason, 7 Liloy, 8 Salug, 9 Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan), 10 Sindangan, 11 Jose Dalman, 12 Manukan, 13, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, 14 Katipunan, 15 Dipolog City, 16 Dapitan City, 17 Sibutad, 18 Rizal. Rizal borders the province of Misamis Occidental
Zamboanga del Norte is situated in Northern Mindanao. It is bounded on the north and west by the Sulu Sea, on the east by Misamis Occidental, and on the south by Zamboanga del Norte.
The province occupies a total land area of 6,618 square kilometers. It has an average elevation of 243.8 meters, with Mt. Dabiak in Katipunan as the highest peak at 2,600 meters. Other parts, near the coastlines, are plains. The province’s irregular coastline runs 400 kilometers from north to south.
- Article from: The Philippines department of tourism
History of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Dubbed as the “Twin-City Province,” Zamboanga del Norte has been made famous by the beauty and charm of the Orchid City of Dipolog and the historical, rustic quaintness of the Shrine City of Dapitan.
Decrying Spanish authority over his beloved country, Dr. Jose P. Rizal, Philippine National Hero, lived in exile in faraway Dapitan City, then only a sleepy town in Mindanao. Here, he spent fruitfully his last four years in exile, from 1892 to 1896, to practice medicine, pursue scientific studies, keep with his artistic and literary endeavors, and widen his knowledge of languages. In Dapitan, Dr. Rizal found a school and a hospital, and became a farmer to prove to the people that farming is as good a profession as medicine.
The original estate of Dr. Rizal in Dapitan has been declared a national shrine and is being administered by the National Historical Institute. Hence, the city monicker, “Shrine City of the Philippines.” By the year 2020, Dapitan is poised to become the Dr. Jose Rizal Heritage Center of the Philippines, owing to the wealth of Rizal memorabilia and memorable places associated with the country’s beloved hero.
Zamboanga del Norte today is equally famous for Dakak Beach, the province’s foremost natural attraction. The very popular Dakak Beach is most known for its beautfiully shaped cove and powdery white sand, and as a diving mecca in Mindanao. Pristine blue waters, excellent dive sites with an abundance of coral reefs, and a magnificent sunset horizon characterize this tropical eden. Dakak Park and Beach Resort boasts 15 hectares of wooded land, a natural reservoir for native plants and animals, and a 750-meter private white-sand beach. article from: The Philippines department of tourism
People of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Dipolog City Population (as of 2015 Census) = 130,759
- Dipolog City Population (as of 2010 Census) = 120,460
- Dipolog City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 113,118
- Dipolog City Registered Voters (2010 COMELEC) = 64,131
- Dipolog City Registered Voters (2007 COMELEC) = 58,615
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected Officials of Dipolog City for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Dipolog City: UY, DAREL DEXTER
- Vice-Mayor of Dipolog City: VELASCO, HORACIO
- City Councillors of Dipolog City:
- PINSOY, JASMIN
- RUIZ, JAMES CYRIL III
- ASPRER, ROGER
- BARBASO, RAUL
- VERDUGUEZ, JAMES
- BARON, EDDIE
- CO, PETER
- CALIBO, MARILOU
- RUBIA, PRAXY
- BAES, MAYNARD
- Elected Officials of Dipolog City for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Dipolog City: Darel Uy
- Vice-Mayor of Dipolog City: Horacio Velasco
- City Councillors of Dipolog City:
- Jasmin Pinsoy
- Jojo Napigquit
- Roger Asprer
- Peter Co
- Raul Barbaso
- James Cyril Ruiz
- Eddie Baron
- Ruben Legorio
- Bebe Baes
- Marilou Calibo
- Elected Officials of Dipolog City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Dipolog City: Evelyn Tang Uy
- Vice-Mayor of Dipolog City: Horacio Bernus Velasco
- City Councillors of Dipolog City:
- Elected Officials of Dipolog City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Evelyn Tang Uy term 2007-2010 and 2010-2013
- Vice-Mayor: Senen Olvis Angeles : term: 2007-2010 and 2010 -2013
- City Councillors: for 2010 - 2013
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Meryl and Ralph Store and Top Plaza Hotel
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
|Businesses in Dipolog City|
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Dipolog City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
- Chapel Sta. Cruz, Central, Dipolog City
- Dipolog Alliance Evangelical Chruch, Miputak, Dipolog City
- Dipolog City Catholic Church
- Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral, Estaka, Dipolog City
- Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Punta, Dipolog City
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Estaka, Dipolog City
Schools in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Dipolog City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
- Elementary Schools in Dipolog City
- High Schools in Dipolog City
- Institute of Technology, Minaog, Dipolog City
- Colleges in Dipolog City
- St. Vincent's College
- Tel#: +63-65-212–3743
- St. Vincent's College
You can also create your FREE School Web Page (Example) to promote and give it an internet presence. We can help you do it.
Arts and Culture in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Dipolog City.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Dipolog City!
- Upload the pictures of your favorite Arts & Culture topic.
Economy of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Dipolog City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Dipolog City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Dipolog City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Dipolog City" page.
Natural Resources of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Sports and Recreation in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Dipolog City.
- The name of your sports/recreation, address, phone number.
- Upload the picture of your place of sports or recreation.
Tourists Attractions of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Dipolog City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Dipolog City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
Landmarks: Monuments or Historic buildings in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Upload The photos about landmarks in Dipolog City.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Dipolog City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Dipolog City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Stocks up, peso stronger
- Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Share prices ended higher yesterday as investors tracked overseas leads to trade the market.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) was up 70.20 points to 7,858.65, a 0.9 percent hike ........... Full Story»
- Manufacturing outlook bullish
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- The Philippine manufacturing sector showed resilience growing 4.4 percent in the first half of 2019 buoyed by sustained growth in few export markets and strong domestic demand.
- Ramon Lopez, secretary of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said external demand has generally been dampened by weaker economic and manufacturing activities in many economies due to the escalation of global trade tensions especially between US and China. This has increased policy uncertainty and disrupted manufacturing activities in the global value chain ........... Full Story»
- Festivals in the month of November in the philippines
Adivay: November : La Trinidad, Benquet ★ Banaag Festival: November 1 : Anilao, Iloilo ★ P'yagsawitan Festival: November 3rd week: Maragusan Compostela Valley ★ Binabayani Festival: November Last week: Olongapo, Zamboales ★ Tan-OK ni Ilocano Festival: November third week: Ilocos Norte ★ Crown Festival: November 3rd week: Taytay, Rizal ★ Tumba (Candle) Festival: November 2: San Luis, Batangas ★ Pinta Flores Festival: November 3 to 5: San Carlos City, Negros Occidental ★ San Carlos City Fiesta: November 4: San Carlos City, Negros Occidental ★ Angono Arts Festival: November 5 to 25: Angono, Rizal ★
- PSC allots another P1.2 billion for athletes training in bid to win SEA Games overall title
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:35 am
- There was never a time in the history of Philippine sports that a government agency has allotted—and is prepared to spend—over a billion pesos in preparation for a big international event such as the Southeast Asian Games.
- The Philippine Sports Commission (PSC), through Chair Butch Ramirez, announced on Wednesday that the agency has appropriated P1.2 billion for the training and foreign exposure of national athletes training for the 30th edition of the Games the country is hosting later this year ............................... Full Story»
Why Z-Wiki Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines?
We want to give the people of Dipolog City the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Dipolog City is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Dipolog City participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Dipolog City.
Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Dipolog City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.