List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Visit to help propagate the
Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
The Philippines has 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces and 17 regions. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
Agutayan • Angare • Anjawan • Baac • Bagongbong • Balangigan • Balingasag • Banugan • Batuan • Bita • Buenavista • Bugtongan • Cabudian • Calaca-an • Calang • Calawinan • Capaycapay • Capuling • Catig • Dila-an • Fundacion • Inadlawan • Jagdong • Jaguimit • Lacadon • Luag • Malusgod • Maribuyong • Minanga • Monpon • Navalas • Pader • Pandan • Poblacion A • Poblacion B • Poblacion C • Poblacion D • Ponong Grande • Ponong Pequeño • Purog • Romblon • San Isidro • Santo Niño • Sawe • Taminla • Tinocuan • Tipolo
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
List of Municipalities in the Iloilo Province within Region VI-Western Visayas in the Republic of The Philippines
Ajuy | Alimodian | Anilao | Badiangan | Balasan | Banate | Barotac Nuevo | Barotac Viejo | Batad | Bingawan | Cabatuan | Calinog | Carles | Concepcion | Dingle | Dueñas | Dumangas | Estancia | Guimbal | Igbaras | Janiuay | Lambunao | Leganes | Lemery | Leon | Maasin | Miagao | Mina | New Lucena | Oton | Pavia | Pototan | San Dionisio | San Enrique | San Joaquin | San Miguel | San Rafael | Santa Barbara | Sara | Tigbauan | Tubungan | Zarraga
Cities in the province of Iloilo: Iloilo City (Capital) | Passi City
Duenas Official Seal
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines|
Dueñas Iloilo Map Locator
Dueñas Municipal Health Center
Dueñas Public Plaza
Dueñas St. Jerome Parish Church
- Dueñas has a total of 47 barangays
- Registered Voters of Dueñas as of (2010) = 18,516
- Dueñas is in the "4th" Voting Congressional District of Iloilo.
- Population of Dueñas (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 32,149
- Land Area of Dueñas (as of 2007, in hectares) = 9,052
- Dueñas is a 4th class Municipality and Rural.
- Dueñas is in the Iloilo province and within Region_VI in the Western Visayas Area in the eastern side of the island of panay
Geography of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
Dueñas Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 9,052
Location of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
History of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
- information source:www.duenas.gov.ph
DUEÑAS had its foundation and Christianization in 1590 with the name of Sumandig. In 1599, it was moved to Sibucao. Four years later (1603) she was joined to Dumangas and two years later in 1605 she enjoyed her independence.
In 1608, she was transferred to LAGLAG, now Barangay Pader, Dueñas, and remained in this place for 59 years or until 1667. It had only five barrios, namely: Sibucao and Sumandig in the lowlands; and Misi, Camantugan and Malonor in the upland.
In 1668, Laglag was joined to Passi, only to be separated a year after (1669). From 1669 to 1844 or for a period of 175 years, Laglag still remained in the said site. (This was for reason that most of the family name of the residents of Dueñas begin with letter “L” ). But later in 1845, Laglag was moved around four kilometers eastward and given a name DUEÑAS in memory of the birthplace - Dueñas, Palencia, Spain of Fr. Florencio Martin, OSA, who authored the transfer. Saint Jerome, Doctor of the Church, is the Patron Saint of Dueñas.
The word “Dueñas” or “Dueña” is derived from a Latin word domna or domina which means landlady or madam who has dominion over a certain house or estate.
As of CY 2007 there were around 75 town executives who served Dueñas (from old name - Laglag to present name - Dueñas) and who contributed a great deal in terms of growth and development not only for the province of Iloilo but also for a larger part of Panay Island.
People of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
- Population of DUEÑAS, ILOILO as of 2020 census: 34,597
- Population of Dueñas (as of 2015) census = 34,242
- Population of Dueñas (as of May 1, 2010) census = 33,671
- Dueñas Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 32,149
- Dueñas Registered Voters (2009) = 18,516
Local Government Unit LGU of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected Officials of Dueñas for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Dueñas: PELOPERO III, MAMERTO LEGAYADA
- Vice-Mayor of Dueñas: AMA, ROBERT MARTIN UYTAN
- Councilors of Dueñas:
- PEDREGOSA, BENJAMIN VILLALON
- LAMASAN, REY ESPINO
- LA-AB, SAMMY LABRO
- CATALAN, REY STEPHEN MURILLO
- OLANO, DELBE VALLEJO
- PADRONES, NATALIA PULGADO
- ACULLADOR, JOSE ESTRIVO
- ESTOCADA, EMMA RAPOSO
- Elected Officials of Dueñas for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Dueñas: Mamerto Pelopero III -- unopposed
- Vice-Mayor of Dueñas: Robert Martin Pama -- unopposed
- Councilors of Dueñas:
- Ireneo Lumayno
- Francis La-ab
- Edwin Sorongon
- Santiago Pedregosa III
- Delbe Olano
- Rey Stephen Catalan
- Rey Lamasan
- Joe Acullador
- Elected Officials of Dueñas for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Dueñas: PELOPERO, MAMERTO III (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO
- Vice-Mayor of Dueñas:PAMA, ROBERT MARTIN (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO
- Councilors of Dueñas:
- LUMAYNO, IRENEO INDEPENDENT 6967 9.05%
- PEDREGOSA, SANTIAGO III (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 5739 7.46%
- LA-AB, FRANCIS (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 5540 7.20%
- LAMASAN, REY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5383 6.99%
- SORONGON, EDWIN (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 5158 6.70%
- OLANO, DELBE (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 5120 6.65%
- PEDROSO, ARLY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 4902 6.37%
- LAYSON, PHILIP (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 4798 6.23%
- Elected Officials of Dueñas for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor of Dueñas
- Vice-Mayor of Dueñas
- Councilors of Dueñas
Barangay Elected Officials of Dueñas, Iloilo for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes.
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Dueñas, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, classes for the year 2021-2022 will be opened but will be monitored.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Dueñas can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Dueñas you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Dueñas, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Dueñas in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Dueñas. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Dueñas landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
- information source:www.duenas.gov.ph
- ANIHAN FESTIVAL
September in Dueñas is a special month, the start of the harvest of many agricultural crops. The last day of the month is the feast in honor of the Patron, St. Jerome. The week-long celebration is a way of thanksgiving after having a good harvest and surpassing the trials and cries during lean months.
The Anihan Festival stands for Dueñas being an agricultural area that mainly depends on agriculture as its major source of livelihood; out of the municipality's 9,052 hectares, 86% or approximately 7,800 hectares are devoted to agriculture. Dueñas belongs to the top ten municipalities in terms of agricultural crop production particularly rice in rainfed areas in the Province of Iloilo.
The ANIHAN FESTIVAL in the Municipality of Dueñas started in CY 2003. Its main feature is the Tribe Competition which is characterized by street dancing and an interpretative dance depicting the practice, customs and traditions of the Dueñasanons before or during the harvest season. An expression of thanksgiving for bountiful production of agricultural crops.
Likewise, to add color to the festivity, a parade with float and muses of the contesting tribes, search and coronation of Miss Anihan are also being conducted. This is to project the incomparable beauty, talent and brains of the Dueñasanon.
Other activities include agro-industrial fair, food festival, garden show, and "Laro ng Lahi". This is to showcase the different varieties of ornamental plants, native foods and delicacies, and thriving agricultural crops in the municipality. This occasion also provide the Dueñason leisurely time to play and enjoy various indigenous games of the past, develop camaraderie and sportsmanship among various sectors of the community.
The Anihan Festival is an annual activity spearheaded by the Local Government Unit of Dueñas with the full support of the Anihan Festival Committee.
Your Story about Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Dueñas? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Dueñas. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Featured News of The Philippines
Updated: December 5, 2021
DOH-Bicol commends LGUs with high vaccination rates.
LEGAZPI CITY – The Department of Health (DOH) in Bicol has commended the local government units (LGUs) with the highest performance rating during the recent National Vaccination Days drive against coronavirus disease (Covid-19). The agency said in a statement on Sunday it registered a total of 635,459 vaccinated individuals during the "Bayanihan, Bakunahan" inoculation campaign from Nov. 29 to Dec. 1 as per the Vaccination Operations Reporting System (VORS). DOH-Bicol cited the LGUs that reached more than 100 percent of their target as the city of Legazpi and the municipalities of Bagamanoc, Baras, Gigmoto, and Panganiban in Catanduanes; Cabusao, Camarines Sur; and Bulusan, Sorsogon.
Catanduanes eases protocols for fully vaxxed travelers
LEGAZPI CITY – The provincial government of Catanduanes has now allowed fully vaccinated travelers to enter the island province and lifted the required negative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), saliva, and antigen test results for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). Executive Order No. 44 issued by Catanduanes Governor Joseph Cua on Friday takes effect on Monday. It states that travelers will only need to present a vaccination card and approved S-PaSS (Safe, Swift and Smart Passage) to gain entry to the province. The EO added, however, that those partially vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals shall still be required to present a negative RT-PCR test or antigen test result dated three days prior to the date of travel.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Dueñas.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Iloilo, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Dueñas, Iloilo, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.