File:Zamboanga charter 1936signing.jpg
Signing of the Zamboanga Charter in 1936
"Solemne acto de la firma del Presidente de Filipinas en la ley organica Creando la ciudad de Zamboanga. Palacio de Malacañan, Manila, October 12, 1936, del Diputado J.S. Alano al ayuntamiento de Zamboanga." The inscription on the picture.
Zamboanga City became an independent Chartered City and ceased to be under the jurisdiction of the Provincial Government of Zamboanga on October 12, 1936, when President Manuel P. Quezon signed the Charter as history commemorates it, in this historical photograph taken in October 12, 1936 in Malacañang Palace, Manila, Philippines, during the official signing ceremony of the Charter of Zamboanga City. The event was witnessed by the charter bill author Congressman Juan S. Alano and wife Ramona, and other notable Zamboanguenos.
- The mayor of Zamboanga City at that time was : Antonio Toribio - 1934-1937
- The assemblyman of Zamboanga Province to the National Assembly of the Philippine Commonwealth was: Juan S. Alano - (1936-1941)
Signed by the President of the Philippines (Manuel P. Quezon - Sitting) on October 12, 1936
Left to Right Standing:
- name of #1
- (Vicente C. Suarez?)
- name of #3
- name of #4
- (Agustin L. Alvarez?)
- (Nicasio S. Valderrosa?)
- Don Pablo R. Lorenzo, Zamboanga Mayor 1939-1940; Zamboanga delegate to the Constitutional Convention of 1934.
- Congressman Juan S. Alano
- Ramona Alano, wife of Congressman Juan S. Alano
- Maria Clara Lorenzo Lobregat who later in life became a congress woman and mayor of Zamboanga City, Philippines.
- (Santiago Artiaga?)
- Probably the mayor and Assemblyman were here during the signing. If you recognize them, please point them out.
NOTE: If you know any of these people in this historical photo of Zamboanga City's creation, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||19:08, 21 March 2009||1,000 × 786 (313 KB)||Maletsky||"Solemne acto de la firma del Presidente de Filipinas en la ley organica Creando la ciudad de Zamboanga. Palacio de Malacañan, Manila, October 12, 1936, del Diputado J.S. Alano al ayuntamiento de Zamboanga."|
- You cannot overwrite this file.