The Philippines does not uphold the separation of church and state. It finances Islam.
In Philippines you can grow your own Herbal Remedies to Cure Diseases, Ailments & Illnesses.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Accept the Bitter to get Better
George T. Hofer
Connect with Family! Connect with old friends! Click on any letter below.
Connect with new friends!
When you find a RELATIVE or FRIEND in Zamboanga Wiki, Link your pages. Connect with the world!!
It’s FREE and SIMPLE. Our Social Network at Work for You.
Create your own Profile. Start a Genealogy Page
Post only information you want to share.
About George T. Hofer M.D.
- Date of Birth: February 26, 1938
- Place of Birth: Malabang, Lanao del Sur
- Spouse: Dulce K. Hofer
- Position: Former mayor Office: Titay, Zamboanga del Sur (1992-1998)
- Mayors League of the Philippines: Former president
- Former Representative of the 3rd District of Zamboanga del Sur to the 11th Congress (1998-2001) of the Philippines.
- Elected as Governor of Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines for the term of 2007-2010
Governor George Hofer is a medical practitioner by profession. He finished preparatory medicine at the Far Eastern University and transfered to Southwestern University in Cebu City to complete his medical degree.
He served for two terms as mayor of the town of Titay in Zamboanga del Sur from 1992 to 1998. Since then, he became active in local government circles, where he was convinced his expertise as a physician will be needed, particularly in the push for local government reforms.
In the elections of 1998, he won a seat in the lower house of Congress, representing what was formerly the 3rd District of Zamboanga del Sur. His congressional stint proved to be historic, after he successfully authored and pushed for the passage of the bill, which would later be known as Republic Act No. 8973, creating the Province of Zamboanga Sibugay out of the 3rd District of the Province of Zamboanga del Sur.
From this point, he moved to his home province in Zamboanga Sibugay to serve as its first governor.
In the 2001 elections, he secured the governorship of the province. This mandate was reaffirmed in 2004. Following his overwhelming victory in the May 14, 2007 elections, Gov. Hofer is now on his third term as Sibugay’s chief executive.
Although Sibugay is an infant province, Gov. Hofer – an expert in social and economic growth processes and a specialist in the custody of health, believes that it has a lot of potentials for acceleration. Farming communities are getting the top priority in the extension of agricultural development and technical assistance programs. The governor believes that the eradication of poverty in the new province will push the Mindanao peace agenda forward, the roots of insurgency being no other than social and economic inequity.
Schools George T. Hofer attended
- Elementary: Malabang Elementary School
- High School: Notre Dame University
- Pre-Medicine: Far Eastern University
- Medicine: Southwestern University - 1966
Organizations George T. Hofer belongs to
- Owner: GTH Agricultural Enterprises Inc./GTH Shipyard
Photo Gallery of George T. Hofer M.D.
- You pictures will go here