Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
Barangays of Tangalan in the Aklan Province within Region VI-Western Visayas in the Republic of The Philippines
Afga • Baybay • Dapdap • Dumatad • Jawili • Lanipga • Napatag • Panayakan • Poblacion • Pudiot • Tagas • Tamalagon • Tamokoe • Tondog • Vivo
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Aklan Province In the Visayas Islands
- 1 Location of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 2 History of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 3 People of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 5 Businesses in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 6 Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 7 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 13 Fiestas and Traditions of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 16 Sports News of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- 17 News and Events
- 18 Jawili, Tangalan Photo Gallery
- 19 Why Z-Wiki Jawili, Tangalan?
Location of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- Jawili is one of the Barangays of Tangalan.
- Tangalan is in the Province of Aklan
- Aklan is in the island of Panay and within Region_VI.
History of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- source verbatim from: tangalan.ph LGU
As the barrio is now officially known it derived its name from the tragic legend of the famous Jawili Falls. Long before the Spanish settlers came, the moros were the vicious enemy of the barrio people. To be safe from the constant plundering and raids of the Moros, the people lived at the foot of a thick forest, we now call “Mobearan”.
Here lived Jawili, Inggot and their aged and dying father. On his dying day, the father gave Jawili a family heirloom which was a small purse. “Keep this purse and never open it”, he told his children. Inggot, a gambler and a blacksheep of the family, secretly entertained thoughts of sudden wealth and riches. Surely there must be something precious inside the purse, for why must it be forbidden and kept with utmost care. Without much thinking, he grabbed the purse and run towards the mountains, Jawili crying after him. Deep in the forest, Inggot carefully opened the purse. Suddenly there was a flash of lightning and thunder.
The rocks began to part and the trees fell down. There was another blundering flash of lightning and thunder and both Jawili and Inggot were turned to rocks. From the eyes of Jawili flowed two streams of tears. Time has now enlarged the rocks and streams and the water which formerly was the tears of Jawili, never ceased flowing.
The early Spanish settlers who gained knowledge of this tragedy named this beautiful spot Jawili Falls and the barrio where the people now dwell was named Jawili.
People of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
Total Population of Jawili
Elected Government Officials of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- Elected Jawili Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Aklan, Tangalan, Jawili, Barangay Chairman, Nonilo S Tabagon
- Aklan, Tangalan, Jawili, Kagawad 1, Leopoldo T Tumbagahan
- Aklan, Tangalan, Jawili, Kagawad 2, James T Tumbagahan
- Aklan, Tangalan, Jawili, Kagawad 3, Fatima D Lim
- Aklan, Tangalan, Jawili, Kagawad 4, Teodulfo T Tacasa Jr
- Aklan, Tangalan, Jawili, Kagawad 5, Jury T Dumaran
- Aklan, Tangalan, Jawili, Kagawad 6, Alfredo T Tagumpay
- Aklan, Tangalan, Jawili, Kagawad 7, Luvisminda T Gregorio
- Aklan, Tangalan, Jawili, SK Chairman, Ninia Dona Crisela D Daroy
Businesses in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- An appeal to all business owners: Include the name of the Barangay in the address of your company. This will help promote your barangay.
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center. If you do not want to "wiki-upload", email your picture to email@example.com
- Give your business a good description. Add your address(include barangay name) and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses in your Barangay
- Lending Firms, Pawnshops, any Financial businesses
- Clinics and Care Centers
- Convenient Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Agrivets, or Any kind of Retail Outlet
- Fish & Meat Markets
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants or Carenderias (carinderias), bakeshops
- Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Jawili, you can list that property FOR FREE.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
The schools in Jawili
Economy of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Jawili, Tangalan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Jawili, Tangalan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Jawili, Tangalan. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
Tourists Attractions of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Jawili. This will help boost the local economy of Jawili. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Jawili landmarks here.
- Places to see in Jawili:
Fiestas and Traditions of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
Fiesta date of Jawili
Your Story about Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
Tell your story about Jawili. You can talk about the good things in Jawili or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Jawili. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Jawili? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Jawili. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Jawili? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Jawili? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Jawili.
- Inaugural triathlon at New Clark City set
- Monday, August 16, 2019 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines — All is set for the New Clark City Triathlon which is the first triathlon event to be held at the New Clark City Sports Complex in Capas, Tarlac on Oct. 19-20.
- GoClark Sports and Events has partnered with presenting sponsor Robinsons Land Corp. in this triathlon featuring the swim event at the Aquatics Center, the 20km bike in the newly built New Clark City-SCTex connecting road and the run course in the sports complex, including the warm-up athletic track, the river park and a finish lap around the 20,000-seater Athletics Stadium ............................... Full Story»
News and Events
- 6% growth target stays
- Monday, Septembe 16, 2019
- The Department of Finance (DOF) said the government is maintaining its growth target of six percent or higher this year, even as the economy settled at only 5.5 percent growth in the first semester given the delay in the enactment of the 2019 General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Carlos Dominguez, finance secretary, also said to avoid a repeat of the 2019 budget delay, leaders of both the Senate and the House of Representatives are meeting every month to monitor the progress on the budget and the 25 priority bills enumerated in the 4th State-of-the-Nation Address ........... Full Story»
- Stocks up, peso stronger
- Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Share prices ended higher yesterday as investors tracked overseas leads to trade the market.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) was up 70.20 points to 7,858.65, a 0.9 percent hike ........... Full Story»
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Tangalan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Jawili, Tangalan Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Tangalan, Aklan, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Aklan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan, Philippines]]
Why Z-Wiki Jawili, Tangalan?
We want to give the people of Jawili the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Jawili is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Jawili participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Jawili.