Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Barangays (29) of Kabasalan in the Zamboanga Sibugay Province within Region 9 of The Philippines
Banker || Bolo Batallion || Buayan || Cainglet || Calapan || Calubihan || Concepcion (Balungis) || Diampak || Dipala || Gacbusan || Goodyear || Lacnapan || Little Baguio || Lumbayao || Nazareth || Palinta || Peñaranda || Poblacion || Riverside || Sanghanan || Santa Cruz || Sayao || Shiolan || Simbol || Sininan || Tamin || Tampilisan || Tigbangagan || Timuay Danda (Mangahas)
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Zamboanga Sibugay Province within Region IX in the Republic of the Philippines
Alicia • Buug • Diplahan • Imelda • Ipil (Capital) • Kabasalan • Mabuhay • Malangas • Naga • Olutanga • Payao • Roseller T. Lim • Siay • Talusan • Titay • Tungawan
|Every barangay in each municipality in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates will be greatly appreciated.|
When in Zamboanga Visit
Seal of Kabasalan
Zamboanga Sibugay within the island of Mindanao
Picture of Municipal Building of Kabasalan along the Main Highway.
ONB bank, Poblacion, Kabasalan
MLHuuillier, Poblacion, Kabasalan
More than Basics, Poblacion, Kabasalan
Petron, Poblacion, Kabasalan
Poblacion, Kabasalan, Sibugay
- Kabasalan has a total of 29 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Kabasalan as of (2010) = 27,330
- Kabasalan is in the 2nd Voting District of Zamboanga Sibugay
- Population of Kabasalan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 40,169
- Land Area of Kabasalan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 28,920
- Kabasalan is a 2nd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Kabasalan is in the Zamboanga Sibugay province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
- 1 History of Kabasalan
- 2 Location of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 3 People of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 4 Kabasalan Political History
- 5 Elected Government Officials of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 13 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- 16 Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 Click to View All the Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay Photo Gallery
- 18 Disclaimer
History of Kabasalan
The municipality of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay has its humble beginning from just a cluster of Subanen houses scattered throughout the area and more dominant on what is now Poblacion Kabasalan. The native's main economic activity then, was farming, fishing and hunting.
The Subanen were the first inhabitants of the place when the municpality was dominantly covered with big trees, jungles and mangroves and the habitat of wild life and of wild flowers. Nobody knows from where the Subanen came from before inhabiting Kabasalan. There are two legends, both at which carry weight up to the present of how the place got its name. The first legend was when that place was being explored by the Americans, the place was surveyed for plantation of abaca and rubber in the first quarter of the 20th century. The place was already inhabited by the Maguindanao along the coastal areas and by the Subanen on the upland portion. Upon the arrival of the first American explorers in the place where the Philippine Rubber Project Company is now located, one of the explorers/surveyors accosted one of the native and asked him the name of the place pointing to the plants growing abundantly in front of them and wanted to know its name, answered that is "Babasal" or red squash. The explorer noted the word Babasal as the name of the place. As the plantation took its roots with recruited workers from the Visayas and Luzon, the name of the place has gone changes.The Cebuano called the place as "Kabasalan". The prefix "ka" in Cebuano means "the place of". Thus the Cebuano dialect as the place of the red squash metamorphosed "Babasal" into "Kabasalan". the second legend has something to do with the weather. The place was being noted for its very high rainfall, even to this day. The place has no dry months. High peaks surround it in the northern portion and the mangroves along the Sibuguey Bay on the southern portion, the place was noted for its being wet throughout the year.
To the Cebuano, wet is "Basa". Some "Kabasaan" or the place that is always wet called Kabasalan. Later, the people agreed to call the place as Kabasalan as the name of the place, which was carried unto the present. The truth of the proceeding legend or the tale is now lost in the abyss of history and only time knows the truth. (source of article verbatim from: www.nscb.gov.ph/)
Location of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
People of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Total Population of Kabasalan (as of 2015 Census) = 44,336
- Total Population of Kabasalan (as of May 1, 2010 Census) = 41,421
Kabasalan Political History
Kabasalan was created into a municipal district, a political entity, on July 12, 1917 by Governor Frank Carpenter per Executive Order No. 16, series of 1917. The district then comprises the area from Tayong, then following the south boundary of Bangaan which is now part of Tungawan to the boundary of Panganuran which is now part of Labason Municipality of Zamboanga del Norte, thence along the watershed to the point due north of Mount Tres Reyes which is now part of Alicia; thence southeast of Talaid point passing around the head water of Lutiman which is now part of Alicia; thence along the coast to the starting point including all islands. The districts comprise the barrios of Kabasalan, Labuan Sur (Tungawan), Sanito (Ipil), Gubawang, Kalintana and Tandu-Buay (all of the present town of Naga), Titay, Culasian (Payao), Lumarao (Subanipa) and Siay. The first seat of the local government was in Naga.
On February 17, 1937, Kabasalan was created into a regular municipality with Honorable Gregorio Cainglet, Sr. as the first Mayor appointed by President Manuel L. Quezon. In 1939, Mayor Cainglet transferred the seat of the Local Government of Kabasalan.
Since then, the Municipal Government of Kabasalan has been served and managed by the local Chief Executives as follows:
|Hon. Gregorio G. Cainglet, Sr.||Appointed||1937-1951|
|Hon. Ramon Lacsama||Military Mayor||1943-1944|
|Hon. Aquilino Samonte||Elected||1952-1955|
|Hon. Serafin Ortiz||Elected||1956-1963|
|Hon. Lamparan T. Danda||Elected||1964-1967|
|Hon. Francisco L. Peña||Elected||1968-1980|
|Hon. Julio V. Alde||Elected||1981-1986|
|Hon. Gregorio G. Cainglet, Jr.||Elected||1986-1992|
|Hon. Alfredo Y. Chu||Elected||1992-2001|
|Hon. Freddie I. Chu||Elected||2001-2004|
|Hon. Freddie I. Chu||Elected||2004-2007|
|Hon. Freddie I. Chu||Elected||2007-2010|
- History of Kabasalan and Kabasalan Political History: copied verbatim from: www.nscb.gov.ph
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Elected officials of Kabasalan for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Kabasalan: CAINGLET, KATRINA
- Vice Mayor of Kabasalan: CAINGLET, LUVLY GRACE
- Sangguniang Bayan Members of Kabasalan:
- CHU, FREDDIE
- PALANAS, BENJAMIN SR.
- DEITA, EDDIE
- YAO CINCO, MAO
- ALCANTARA, VENUS
- CHU, DANNY
- BRAGADO, ELMA
- MORALES, DONDON
- Elected officials of Kabasalan for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Kabasalan: George Cainglet
- Vice Mayor of Kabasalan: Isagani Balladares
- Sangguniang Bayan Members of Kabasalan:
- Ben Palanas
- Elma Bragado
- Robert Capitania
- Rogelio Yao Cinco
- Corregidor Catane
- Eddie Deita
- Ruben Toledo
- Joseph Danda
- Elected officials of Kabasalan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Kabasalan: Hon. George C. Cainglet - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice Mayor of Kabasalan: Freddie I. Chu - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Sangguniang Bayan Members of Kabasalan:
- BRAGADO, ELMA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9338 9.37%
- LAMAN, ROMEO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 8919 8.95%
- CHU, DANNY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 8883 8.91%
- PALANAS, BENJAMIN SR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8608 8.63%
- CINCO, JOSE JR. (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 8500 8.53%
- SANGGAYAN, ROWIL (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 7411 7.43%
- CAPITANIA, ROBERT (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 7360 7.38%
- CATANE, CORREGIDOR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 6319 6.34%
- ABC President . . .Hon.
- Sangguniang Bayan Secretary . . .
- SK President . . .
- Elected officials of Kabasalan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor. . . . . George C. Cainglet
- Vice Mayor . . Hon. Freddie I. Chu
- Sangguniang Bayan (Councilors) Members:
- USOP, ABDULA EDRIS. DUL LKS-KAM 5901
- BRAGADO, DAVID AGUIT. DAVID NP 6417
- Alexander S. Capitania BOY ALEX NP 6819
- Romeo T. Laman INSOY NP 7218
- SANGGAYAN, ROWIL YAO. VAN LKS-KAM 7361
- YAO CINCO, REYMON CHIONG. MAO NP 7588
- CHU, DANNY IMBANG. DANNY NP 8068
- Jose M. Cinco Jr. YOYONG NP 8727
Businesses in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Kabasalan, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
- Kabasalan Science and Technology High School
- Kabasalan Institute Of Technology
- Elementary Schools in Kabasalan
Diampak Elementary School
F. L. Peña PS
Ignacio Canoy ES
John Levi Donton MES
Kabasalan SPED School
Little Baguio PS
Economy of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Kabasalan you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Kabasalan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Kabasalan Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Kabasalan Zamboanga Sibugay" page.
Natural Resources of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or via .
- Post the Kabasalan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Kabasalan? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Kabasalan. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Click to View All the Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay Photo Gallery
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Kabasalan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "Green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga Sibugay Province Photo Gallery]]
=[[Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.