La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Barangays of La Carlota City, in the Negros Occidental Province within Region XVIII in the Republic of The Philippines
Ara-al • Ayungon • Balabag • Barangay I • Barangay II • Barangay III • Batuan • Roberto S. Benedicto • Cubay • Haguimit • La Granja • Nagasi • San Miguel • Yubo
- La Carlota City is in the Negros Occidental province and within Region VI in the Island of negros Western Visayas.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Binalbagan || Calatrava || Candoni || Cauayan || Enrique B. Magalona || Hinigaran || Hinoba-An || Ilog || Isabela || La Castellana || Manapla || Moises Padilla || Murcia || Pontevedra || Pulupandan || Salvador Benedicto || San Enrique || Toboso || Valladolid
Cities in the province of Negros Occidental: Bacolod City (Capital) || Bago City || Cadiz City || Escalante City || Himamaylan City || Kabankalan City || La Carlota City || Sagay City || San Carlos City || Silay City || Sipalay City || Talisay City || Victorias City
Seal of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental
La Carlota Map Locator
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Negros Occidental|
Negros Occidental Map Locator
The Philippine government must STOP FINANCING Islam.
La Carlota City Hall
- La Carlota City has a total of 14 barangays
- Registered Voters of La Carlota City as of (2010) = 41,507
- Population of La Carlota City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 63,584
- Land Area of La Carlota City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 13,729
- La Carlota City is a 4th class Component City and Partially Urban.
- La Carlota City is in the Negros Occidental province and within Region VI in the Island of negros Western Visayas.
- 1 Location of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 2 History of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 3 People of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 4 Elected Government Officials of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 5 Businesses in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 6 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 8 Schools in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 9 Economy of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 10 Natural Resources of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 11 Tourists Attractions of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 12 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 13 Featured News of The Philippines
- 14 Your Story about La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 16 La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 18 Disclaimer
Location of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 10.4167° N, 122.9167° E - La Carlota, Negros Occidental, Coordinates
- La Carlota City is in the Province of Negros Occidental
- Negros Occidental is in the Island of negros and within Region VI.
- The Island of negros is in Western Visayas.
History of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The beginning of La Carlota City
People of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Carlota City Population (as of 2010 Census) = 63,852
- Carlota City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 63,584
- Carlota City Registered Voters (2010 COMELEC) = 39,562
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officials of La Carlota City for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of La Carlota City: Jacky Jalandoni
- Vice-Mayor of La Carlota City: Dr Rex Jalando-on -- Unopposed
- Councilors of La Carlota City:
- Karen Aguirre
- Junjun Baga
- Jegie Aguirre
- Jimmy Mariño
- Lidoy Lsm Miravalles
- Joelu Jalandoni
- Zaldy Pernito
- Baste Benedicto
- Diotay Chiang
- Jacob Liansing
- Elected Officials of La Carlota City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of La Carlota City: Juliet M De Leon Ferrer - LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS/ UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE
- Vice-Mayor of La Carlota City: Luis "Jacky" De Jesus Jalandoni III - UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE
- Councilors of La Carlota City:
- AGUIRRE, KAREN (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 19101 8.86%
- JALANDO-ON, REX (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 18795 8.72%
- AGUIRRE, JEGIE (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 16059 7.45%
- PERNITO, ZALDY (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 14481 6.72%
- JALANDONI, JOSE LUIS INDEPENDENT 14421 6.69%
- LIANSING, JACOB (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 11758 5.45%
- BADILLO, JUNJUN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 11473 5.32%
- BADILLO, KAPID (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 11446 5.31%
- MARIÑO, JIMMY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11389 5.28%
- BAGA, JUN-JUN (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 11276 5.23%
- Elected Officials of La Carlota City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of La Carlota City: Juliet M De Leon Ferrer
- Vice-Mayor of La Carlota City: David Tanglao Baga Jr.
- Councilors of La Carlota City:
- Elected Officials of La Carlota City for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor Demie John Canlas Honrado
- Vice-Mayor David Tanglao Baga Jr.
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and ignorant barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city council and congress to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely no need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
Businesses in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Carlota City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Schools in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2017-2018 starts Monday, June 5, 2017 and ends Friday, April 6, 2018, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 204 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the four days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted every quarter. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 195 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in La Carlota City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of La Carlota City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of La Carlota City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within La Carlota City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in La Carlota City" page.
Natural Resources of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of La Carlota City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of La Carlota City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the La Carlota City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Philippine economy likely grew by 6.7% in Q4 — Moody’s
- Monday, January 22, 2018 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines — The country’s economy likely grew by 6.7 percent in the last quarter of 2017, according to Moody’s Analytics.
- In its latest Asia-Pacific Economic Preview report, the economic research and analysis arm of Moody’s said the Philippines’ gross domestic product in the last three months of the year may have expanded by 6.7 percent, slower than the revised seven percent GDP growth the previous quarter ........... Full Story»
- Expert sees PH staying as a dynamic economy
- Sunday, January 21, 2018
- A Danish investment advisor expects the Philippines to remain among the most dynamic economies in the world in 2018.
- Peter Lundgreen, the founder and chief executive of Copenhagen-based Lundgreen’s Capital, expects Asia to continue to offer the best opportunities for businesses because of the region’s high gross domestic product growth. “I expect corporate earnings in many Asian countries to continue to manifest upbeat results during 2018,” he says ........... Full Story»
- Festivals in the month of November in the philippines
Adivay: November : La Trinidad, Benquet ★ Banaag Festival: November 1 : Anilao, Iloilo ★ P'yagsawitan Festival: November 3rd week: Maragusan Compostela Valley ★ Binabayani Festival: November Last week: Olongapo, Zamboales ★ Tan-OK ni Ilocano Festival: November third week: Ilocos Norte ★ Crown Festival: November 3rd week: Taytay, Rizal ★ Tumba (Candle) Festival: November 2: San Luis, Batangas ★ Pinta Flores Festival: November 3 to 5: San Carlos City, Negros Occidental ★ San Carlos City Fiesta: November 4: San Carlos City, Negros Occidental ★ Angono Arts Festival: November 5 to 25: Angono, Rizal ★
- Lady Chiefs stretch win streak to 5
- Monday, January 22, 2018 5:05 am
- Defending champion Arellano stayed perfect in the NCAA Season 93 women’s volleyball tournament after a masterful 25-16, 25-17, 25-11 win over Lyceum on Sunday at Filoil Flying V Centre in San Juan.
- The Lady Chiefs rose to a league-leading 5-0 record as coach Obet Javier commended his wards for following their game plan to the letter ............................... Full Story»
Your Story about La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of La Carlota City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in La Carlota City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for La Carlota City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.