• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
accept the bitter to get better
La Paz Zamboanga City Philippines
La Paz is the little Baguio of Zamboanga City. Temperature can go down close to 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring your jacket. To get to La Paz from the main highway, you go through the barrio of Ayala.
La Paz was once a forested area. Now pretty much logged-over, the barangay is now more revered as a vacation place. A place where you can build your vacation home on top or on the side a hill overlooking a fantastic view of the sea.
|Because of incorrect reports from the Comelec, Dilg, NSCB, and the president's office, google managed to also incorrectly report that La Paz is within the province of Zamboanga del Sur!|
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco-D2 • Ayala-D1 • Baliwasan-D1 • Baluno-D1 • Boalan-D2 • Bolong-D2 • Buenavista-D2 • Bunguiao-D2 • Busay-D2 • Cabaluay-D2 • Cabatangan-D1 • Cacao-D2 • Calabasa-D2 • Calarian-D1 • Camino Nuevo-D1 • Campo Islam-D1 • Canelar-D1 • Capisan-D1 • Cawit-D1 • Culianan-D2 • Curuan-D2 • Daap • Dita-D2 • Divisoria-D2 • Dulian Bunguiao-D2 • Dulian Pasonanca-D1 • Guisao-D2 • Guiwan-D2 • Kasanyangan-D2 • La Paz-D1 • Labuan-D1 • Lamisahan-D2 • Landang Gua-D2 • Landang Laum-D2 • Lanzones-D2 • Lapakan-D2 • Latuan Curuan-D2 • Licomo-D2 • Limaong • Limpapa-D1 • Lubigan-D2 • Lumayang-D2 • Lumbangan-D2 • Lunzuran-D2 • Maasin-D1 • Malagutay-D1 • Mampang-D2 • Manalipa-D2 • Mangusu-D2 • Manicahan-D2 • Mariki-D1 • Mercedes-D2 • Muti-D2 • Pamucutan-D1 • Pangapuyan-D2 • Panubigan-D2 • Pasilmanta-D2 • Pasobolong-D2 • Pasonanca-D1 • Patalon-D1 • Putik-D2 • Quiniput-D2 • Recodo-D1 • Rio Hondo-D1 • Salaan-D2 • San Jose Cawa-Cawa-D1 • San Jose Gusu-D1 • San Ramon-D1 • San Roque-D1 • Sangali-D2 • Sibulao Curuan-D2 • Sinubong-D1 • Sinunuc-D1 • Sta. Barbara-D1 • Sta. Catalina-D2 • Sta. Maria-D1 • Sto. Niño-D1 • Tagasilay-D2 • Taguiti-D2 • Talabaan-D2 • Talisayan-D1 • Talon-Talon-D2 • Taluksangay-D2 • Tetuan-D2 • Tictapul-D2 • Tigbalabag-D2 • Tigtabon-D2 • Tolosa-D2 • Tugbungan-D2 • Tulungatung-D1 • Tumaga-D1 • Tumalutab-D2 • Tumitus-D2 • Victoria-D2 • Vitali-D2 • Zambowood-D2 • Zone I-D1 • Zone II-D1 • Zone III-D1 • Zone IV-D1
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
When in Zamboanga City Visit
The Philippine government must STOP FINANCING Islam.
|La Paz Barangay Hall|
|La Paz Water Fall|
Looking down the mountain from La Paz
|La Paz Serenity Falls|
- 1 Location of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 2 History of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 3 People of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 4 Elected Government Officials of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 5 Businesses in La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 6 La Paz, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
- 7 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Barangay, Mncplty, Prvnce, Philippines
- 9 Schools in La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 10 Economy of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 11 Natural Resources of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 12 Tourists Attractions of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 13 Fiestas and Traditions of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 14 Your Story about La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 15 Families of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- 16 La Paz Zamboanga City Photo Gallery
- 17 Disclaimer
Location of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- Distance from CITY PROPER: 18.5 kms. - to the farthest point of the road is km. 31, which marks the city's boundary with Sibuco, Zamboanga del Norte.
- Location: West Coast
At the longest point, from the boundary of Barangay Ayala on the south to the boundary of Zamboanga del Norte on the north, it stretches to an estimated length of more than 36 kilometers.
The Barangay has no regular mode of public transportation in going to and from the city. It can be reached through the boundary of Barangay Ayala (where all modes of transportation are available) and from there, a single motorcycle locally called "habal-habal" ferry the passengers into the interior highland sitios of the Barangay.
La Paz starts with relatively soft rolling terrain, becoming more rugged as one enters the interior, with a gradient ranging from moderately steep to very steep slopes. The lowest elevation in the southern portion is about 600 meters above sea level, while on the northern part, near the boundary with Zamboanga del Norte, elevation ranges from 1,000-1,500 meters above sea level-all exhibiting very steep slope, with some areas almost vertically aligned.
The soil is predominantly loam type with its reddish-brown to dark color. As observed, vegetables and forest trees adapt well to the soil in the area.
Some parts are protected watershed and forestlands and are being managed by various government institutions.
The condition of the land, with its mostly unpaved roads, makes it hard for regular transport services to operate. Farmer-residents, fighting cock breeders and resort owners resort to using trucks and four-wheel drive vehicles to commute and ferry vegetables from upland to the lowland and the city's markets.
The cool climate in the interior makes it an ideal place for vegetable growing. Some game fowl enthusiasts find the place ideal for cock breeding.
- article from: LGU Zamboaganga City
History of La Paz, Zamboanga City
Barangay La Paz was once known as "Cadalagan" which may have been coined from the Tagalog word "dalag", a species of the freshwater fish caught in large numbers in the creeks and ponds in the area and the Cebuano word "dalagan" meaning “running” which refers to escaping prisoners from the San Ramon Penal Colony that normally pass through the Barangay in their futile dash to freedom.
The place was once densely vegetated with hardwood species and was a booming and prosperous hub of large scale commercial logging in the 1950's up to mid-1990's. Dacon and Zamboanga Timber lorded over the forest resources and established Camp Susana in the upper portion of the Barangay as their base of operation. Commercial logging ceased in the late 1990's with the implementation of the selected logging and then recently the total log ban.
The residents through the Sangguniang Barangay changed Cadalagan to La Paz to honor their patron saint La Virgen de La Paz. Cadalagan was retained as the name of a sitio in Lower La Paz.
- article from: LGU of La Paz
People of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- (2007 Census)
- Total Population: 6,581
- Number of Household: 911
Elected Government Officials of La Paz, Zamboanga City
|The barangay election of May 14, 2018 is over. The COMELEC is supposed to make the election results PUBLICLY available as President Duterte promised. Will they? Over 500,000 officials were elected. Their names are hidden from the public. Made available only to the specific LGU. It is December of 2018 and the results are still not available. Election and Barangay Affairs Department (EBAD): Director Teopisto E. Elnas, Jr. does not reply to our emails. firstname.lastname@example.org (02-525-9298)|
If you are an elected official of this barangay, please email the election result of your barangay to email@example.com. The names of the officials will be listed below. Share PUBLIC INFORMATION.
- Elected Officials of La Paz for the term of 2018-2021
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain :
- Barangay Councilors(Kagawads):
- SK (Sangguniang Kabataan) Youth Chairman:
- Elected Officers for the term of 2013 - 2016-18
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Dalingay, Ancelita Molina
- Barangay Kagawad Lilio, Ronald Dela Cruz
- Barangay Kagawad Librero, Arturo Tindugan
- Barangay Kagawad Aballe, Cresencio Aquino
- Barangay Kagawad Bentain, Felixwaldo Ventura
- Barangay Kagawad Chavez, Edgar Aballe
- Barangay Kagawad Mondarte, Gregorio Antonio Collantes
- Barangay Kagawad Gerosaga, Anastacio Macapili
- Elected Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- La Paz, Barangay Chairman, Salvador P. Del Mundo
- La Paz, Kagawad 1, Edgardo G. Serna
- La Paz, Kagawad 2, Arturo T. Librero
- La Paz, Kagawad 3, Gregorio C. Mondarte Jr.
- La Paz, Kagawad 4, Rosiebel E. Santos
- La Paz, Kagawad 5, Angelita M. Dalingay
- La Paz, Kagawad 6, Anastacio M. Gerosaga
- La Paz, Kagawad 7, Ronald D. Lilio
- La Paz, SK Chairman, Myra Joy F. De La Serna
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
Businesses in La Paz, Zamboanga City
- We invite you to list your business located in La Paz.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsor zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in La Paz
- The name of your business, address, phone number
La Paz, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in La Paz, Zamboanga City
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in La Paz, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Barangay, Mncplty, Prvnce, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Schools in La Paz, Zamboanga City
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS UNDER LA PAZ AREA
- Cadalagan Elementary School is the first primary school in the barangay which was established in 1957. It is located near the Barangay Hall in Zone 2, La Paz. The school is headed by its proactive principal Mrs. Eileen Pearl P. Aca-ac and has 9 competent and supportive teachers. CES has produced graduates who are now successful in their chosen fields.
- Pole Diutay Elementary School is located in Pole Diutay La Paz which is estimated to be 22 kilometers away from the city proper. It is headed by Mr. Romeo E. Ballesteros and has 6 teachers.
- Pole Grande Elementary School is located in Pole Grande La Paz which is estimated to be 26 kilometers away from the city proper. It is headed by Mr. Rey Bernardo and has 6 teachers.
- Camp Susana Elementary School is located in Km 10 Upper La Paz. It was established to cater to the growing community of the barangay and since most parents could not send their children to the primary schools located in Lower La Paz. The school is headed by its principal Mrs. Evelyn S. Cabaniero and has 9 teachers.
- Datu Panguluhan Elementary School is the newest primary school in the Barangay. It started with a makeshift building in 2002. And in 2007, a concrete school building was built. It is located in Km 24 that's why it is considered to be the farthest school in barangay La Paz. Since the school is far away from the city proper where most of the teachers are coming from, we hope that the local government or any non-government organizations will inititate in housing our dedicated teachers so they don't have to travel to and from everyday. It is headed by Mr. Sherwin P. Saavedra and has 7 teachers.
edited. Dey ^_^
Economy of La Paz, Zamboanga City
Farming is one of the main resource of livelihood especially for those living in the upper land. In fact, most of the fruits and vegetables sold in the market are from here. Flowers are also cultivated and are sold in downtown, you can buy flowers at a cheaper price if you personally go to their farms in Zone 2 La Paz. Some of the residents are employed by the nearby canning factories in barangays Ayala, Talisayan and Recodo while others are working in the game fowl farms. Habal-habal driving is also one of the livelihoods here since there is no other mode of transportation available. There are also some businesses thriving in this barangay. With the on-going road contruction in Zone 2 La Paz that is aimed to connect barangay Mercedes in the east coast and Barangay Pamucutan which is the adjacent barangay of La Paz, it is perceived that the economy of the barangay will improve teamed with the rightfully elected barangay officials. Dey^_^
Natural Resources of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or via .
Last December 12, 2010, we went to Nancy falls which is about 26 kms from Dreamville near the junction in barangay Ayala.The waterfalls (lower and upper part) are nice, clean and icy cold water. It is accessible by a 4 wheel off road vehicle or a motorcycle "habal-habal.It costs us 250 roundtrip per person but it was worth it.But the quality of the road needs to be improved, a steep, muddy, bumpy road that is but I suggest the local government must put enough effort in providing safe and accessible road to that place. It is a safe area and it is highly recommended that you should visit the place.
Barangay La Paz is known to be as the little Baguio of Zamboanga City. with its vast forest lands and protected watershed, one can note that this place is definitely ideal for nature-lovers. You can do hiking/trekking, biking and many other fun stuffs with the family and friends. If you wanted some adventure then try riding Habal-habal (motorcycle that can ferry 5-8 people or more), you would feel like you're riding a roller coaster. There are many unique Flora and Fauna that can be found in the upper part of the Barangay. Pool resorts and Vacation homes can be rented out with minimal costs. Game fowl enthusiasts have put up their owns farms and are widely known for the great quality of the roosters being bred and these farms can also be visited by tourists. Dey^_^
Fiestas and Traditions of La Paz, Zamboanga City
- Every last Saturday of February
- Barangay La Paz is composed of fourteen (14) sitios:
- Sitio Fiestas:
- Rancho Cabo Negro -- January23
- Nangka plain -- February 2
- Km. 22 -- February 14
- Km. 17 -- March 19
- Pole Grande -- April 24
- Km. 20 San Isidro -- May 3
- Km. 11 Fortunato -- May 13
- Trapichi -- May 15
- Sta. Rita -- May 24
- Camp Susana -- last saturday of May
- Km. 6 San Antonio -- June 13
- Pole Diutay Imaculada Concepcion -- December 8
Your Story about La Paz, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Families of La Paz, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in La Paz.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for La Paz.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:La Paz Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
=[[La Paz Zamboanga City Philippines]]=
Sherrydelle Sarreal - Miss Zamboanga 2008
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.