Separation of Church and State
"Let there be freedom of religion, but keep religion separate from government. A country that bows down to the laws of religion will one day be governed by religion." fhm
Limaong Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco-D2 • Ayala-D1 • Baliwasan-D1 • Baluno-D1 • Boalan-D2 • Bolong-D2 • Buenavista-D2 • Bunguiao-D2 • Busay-D2 • Cabaluay-D2 • Cabatangan-D1 • Cacao-D2 • Calabasa-D2 • Calarian-D1 • Camino Nuevo-D1 • Campo Islam-D1 • Canelar-D1 • Capisan-D1 • Cawit-D1 • Culianan-D2 • Curuan-D2 • Daap • Dita-D2 • Divisoria-D2 • Dulian Bunguiao-D2 • Dulian Pasonanca-D1 • Guisao-D2 • Guiwan-D2 • Kasanyangan-D2 • La Paz-D1 • Labuan-D1 • Lamisahan-D2 • Landang Gua-D2 • Landang Laum-D2 • Lanzones-D2 • Lapakan-D2 • Latuan Curuan-D2 • Licomo-D2 • Limaong • Limpapa-D1 • Lubigan-D2 • Lumayang-D2 • Lumbangan-D2 • Lunzuran-D2 • Maasin-D1 • Malagutay-D1 • Mampang-D2 • Manalipa-D2 • Mangusu-D2 • Manicahan-D2 • Mariki-D1 • Mercedes-D2 • Muti-D2 • Pamucutan-D1 • Pangapuyan-D2 • Panubigan-D2 • Pasilmanta-D2 • Pasobolong-D2 • Pasonanca-D1 • Patalon-D1 • Putik-D2 • Quiniput-D2 • Recodo-D1 • Rio Hondo-D1 • Salaan-D2 • San Jose Cawa-Cawa-D1 • San Jose Gusu-D1 • San Ramon-D1 • San Roque-D1 • Sangali-D2 • Sibulao Curuan-D2 • Sinubong-D1 • Sinunuc-D1 • Sta. Barbara-D1 • Sta. Catalina-D2 • Sta. Maria-D1 • Sto. Niño-D1 • Tagasilay-D2 • Taguiti-D2 • Talabaan-D2 • Talisayan-D1 • Talon-Talon-D2 • Taluksangay-D2 • Tetuan-D2 • Tictapul-D2 • Tigbalabag-D2 • Tigtabon-D2 • Tolosa-D2 • Tugbungan-D2 • Tulungatung-D1 • Tumaga-D1 • Tumalutab-D2 • Tumitus-D2 • Victoria-D2 • Vitali-D2 • Zambowood-D2 • Zone I-D1 • Zone II-D1 • Zone III-D1 • Zone IV-D1
When in Zamboanga City Visit
Map of region 9 in Zamboanga Peninsula
The Philippine government must STOP FINANCING Islam.
Tictapul-limaong bridge 2009
The new Tictapul (vitali island) limaong bridge 2017
- 1 Location of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 2 History of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 3 People of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 5 Businesses in Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 6 Limaong, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 8 Schools in Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 9 Economy of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 10 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 11 Natural Resources of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 13 Fiestas and Traditions of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 14 Your Story about Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 15 Families of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- 16 Limaong Zamboanga City Photo Gallery
- 17 Disclaimer
Location of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- Distance from CITY PROPER: 83.00 Km.
- Location: East Coast. Located within Vitali Island. There are two barangays in this island. The barangay of Tumitus (north side) and the island of Limaong (south side).
- Right after the barangay of Vitali and before the barangay of Tictapul, Limaong is on the right side of the highway.
History of Limaong, Zamboanga City
Limaong is one of the 98 Barangays of Zamboanga City located in the east coast. Accordingly, there are no written records how it got its name. The legend was only passed down as a folk tale from generation to generation. It goes this way….
There were strangers who happened to pass this island and were riding on a sailing vinta in search for water. While on their way, these strangers met a strange beast and they were attacked by this beast. Fortunately, two of the strangers were able to kill the beast.
Reaching the island, the strangers asked the natives the name of the island. The strangers and the natives spoke different dialects. When asked, the native answered Limao, thinking that the strangers were asking for the name of the beast. No further explanation as to why N and G were added to the word Limao, thus, resulting to Limaong as what it is known today.
- article from: LGU Zamboanga city
People of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- (2007 Census)
- Total Population: 3,622
- Number of Household: 609
Elected Government Officials of Limaong, Zamboanga City
|The barangay election of May 14, 2018 is over. The COMELEC is supposed to make the election results PUBLICLY available as President Duterte promised. Will they? It is October of 2018 and the results are not available. Please write to the Comelec and complain at this email address: email@example.com|
If you are an elected official of this barangay, please email the election result of your barangay to firstname.lastname@example.org. The names of the officials will be listed below. Share PUBLIC INFORMATION.
- Elected Officials of Limaong for the term of 2018-2021
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain :
- Barangay Councilors(Kagawads):
- SK (Sangguniang Kabataan) Youth Chairman:
- Elected Officers for the term of 2013 - 2016-18
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Asari, Nasri Indal
- Barangay Kagawad Abbin, Muktal Umpanan
- Barangay Kagawad Aswari, Siddik Dammang
- Barangay Kagawad Asari, Balli Arala
- Barangay Kagawad Almain, Nakil Yusop
- Barangay Kagawad Mora, Danilo Llanera
- Barangay Kagawad Saluddin, Hamin Amil
- Barangay Kagawad Manuel, Joselito Cruz
- Elected Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Limaong, Barangay Chairman, Reminador S. De La Cruz
- Limaong, Kagawad 1, Danilo L. Mora
- Limaong, Kagawad 2, Nasri I. Asari
- Limaong, Kagawad 3, Linda J. Asari
- Limaong, Kagawad 4, Hermogenes V. Quiamco
- Limaong, Kagawad 5, Juanito D. Alfonso
- Limaong, Kagawad 6, Nakil U. Almain
- Limaong, Kagawad 7, Joselito C. Manuel
- Limaong, SK Chairman, Dirma B. Jalalun
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
Businesses in Limaong, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Limaong, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Limaong, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Schools in Limaong, Zamboanga City
Economy of Limaong, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Limaong, you can list that property for FREE HERE.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Natural Resources of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Limaong, Zamboanga City
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via .
Fiestas and Traditions of Limaong, Zamboanga City
Barangay Fiesta: Every last Saturday of January and May 14 in honor of their patron saint Our Lady of Fatima
Your Story about Limaong, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
- Friday, 07 November 2014 08:43
Some 2,000 residents in the island sitio of Sibuktuk barangay Limaong benefited from the day-long outreach mission organized by the City Government through Dia de Alcalde Thursday.
Mayor Beng Climaco personally led in the activity bringing frontline services to the area as part of her administration’s priority program on Security, Health and Education or SHE. Accompanying the mayor were Councilors Mike Alavar, Eddie Saavedra, Jawo Jimenez and Roel Natividad.
Included in the service package were medical and dental services from the City Health Office; demonstrations and lectures on agriculture facilitated by personnel from the City Agriculturist Office; registration of vital dates and occasions by personnel from the Civil Registrar’s Office and animal vaccination by personnel from the City Veterinarian’s Office.
Families of Limaong, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Limaong.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Limaong.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Limaong Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
=[[Limaong Zamboanga City Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.