Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Romblon Province within Region IV-B(mimaropa) in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara | Banton | Cajidiocan | Calatrava | Concepcion | Corcuera | Ferrol | Looc | Magdiwang | Odiongan | Romblon (Capital) | San Agustin | San Andres | San Fernando | San Jose | Santa Fe | Santa Maria
Cities in the Province of Romblon: NONE
Official Seal of Magdiwang, Romblon
Magdiwang within the Romblon province
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Romblon|
Romblon Province within The Philippines
Municipality Hall of Magdiwang, Romblon
Please upload image
- 1 Geography of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 2 Location of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 3 History of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 4 People of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 5 Local Government Unit LGU of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 13 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- 16 Magdiwang, Romblon Photo and Image Gallery
- 17 Disclaimer
Geography of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
Geography of Magdiwang
Location of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
Magdiwang is located ....
History of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
The history of Magdiwang begun sometime in 17th century. A group of religious missionaries led by Valentine Ayala found settlement in this place originally named the place Magallanes, in honor of Ferdinand Magallanes. From a mere barrio of Cajidiocan. On January 1, 1947, The Philippine President signed the Republic Act no. 48 making Magdiwang as a Municipality.
Situated in the island of Sibuyan, the municipality of Magdiwang is bounded by the municipality of Cajidicocan in the east and the municipality of San Fernando in the south and by Sibuyan Sea on the north. Magdiwang is known for its dense forest, which is one of the favorites by mountain climbers to conquer and explore. The island possesses endemic and rare species that cannot be found elsewhere in the country. Scientific research, education and recreation rare only some of the reasons why it is the favorite area of foreigners. The island has an abundance of corral reefs, and mangroves.
Magdiwang is one of the three municipalities which composed the Sibuyan island, the second largest among the island of Romblon, it is bounded on the West by Cajidiocan on the South by San Fernando and on the North by Sibuyan Sea facing the Romblon, Romblon.
The total land area of Magdiwang is 11,190 hectares. The municipality is hilly and has a mountainous terrain. The town has the following soil classification: Tupi loam, Laylay sandy clay loam and Mogpog Farson Complex.
People of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- Total Population of Magdiwang as of 2015 census: 14,142
- Total Population of Magdiwang as of 2010 census: 13,584
Local Government Unit LGU of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state"..
- This coming election of 2019, do not vote for candidates who support the Bangsamoro. They want to give the followers of the religion of Islam their own Moro(Muslim) Homeland within the Philippines. NO NO NO. The Philippines is a homeland only for one people, the FILIPINO people. All Filipinos under one homeland. No homeland for the Moros(Muslims). They must learn to live as all of us Filipinos do. No special treatment.
- Elected officials of Magdiwang for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Magdiwang: Denisa Rabino Repizo
- Vice-Mayor of Magdiwang: Guillermo Rocha
- Councilors of Magdiwang:
- Ado Tansiongco
- Antonio Menese
- Lourdes Manzala
- Baldwin Famero
- Faith Macato
- Wilson Muros
- Julian Macalipay Jr.
- Danilo Dongon
- Elected officials of Magdiwang for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Magdiwang: MANZALA, IBARRA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Magdiwang: ROCHA, GUILLERMO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Magdiwang:
- Denisa Rabino Repizo (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4039 10.90%
- TANSIONGCO, ADO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 3428 9.25%
- MENESE, ANTONIO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 3114 8.40%
- MOLO, VILMA (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2742 7.40%
- MAYOR, GIL (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 2736 7.38%
- ROLLON, LAARNI (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 2634 7.11%
- RADAN, ROMMEL AUGUSTUS (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 2390 6.45%
- MUROS, WILSON (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2321 6.26%
- Elected officials of Magdiwang for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Magdiwang: Ibarra Rovira Manzala
- Vice-Mayor of Magdiwang: Denisa Rabino Repizo
- Councilors of Magdiwang:
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. After the election they forget you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
|This coming election (May 2019), do not vote for candidates who support the BANGSAMORO. The bangsamoro is about SEPARATISM. It is not about UNITY. They do not consider the Philippines as their homeland. They are not about PEACE. They are about EXTORTION! Politicians who support bangsamoro are NOT PATRIOTS.|
Businesses in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- If you have real estate property for sale in Magdiwang, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Magdiwang can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Magdiwang you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Magdiwang, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Magdiwang, Romblon" page.
Natural Resources of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Magdiwang in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Magdiwang. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction. Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Magdiwang landmarks here.
The woods and forests are always so near and alive. The rivers and the falls, from Dalipi to the sparkling torrents of Cataja Falls, gouged from solid rock by eons. The verity of nature becomes more palpable due to the thundering water and that are partly hidden by a tangle of trees and brush.
MAGDIWANG BEACH – Stretches over two kilometer on the western side of Magdiwang facing the Sibuyan Sea.
MT. GUITING-GUITING – The pride of Magdiwang and the whole Romblon, this is the highest peak in Sibuyan Island, reaching a highest of 6,725 feet. Its northeast ridge has a series of jagged peaks from which the mountain earned its name Guiting-guiting that means, "saw tooth" in the local vernacular. Mountaineers would love to take the challenge and siege the rugged terrain of the mountain.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Magdiwang. Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Magdiwang. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Magdiwang.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Romblon, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Magdiwang, Romblon, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.