The Philippines does not uphold the separation of church and state. It finances Islam.
In Philippines you can grow your own Herbal Remedies to Cure Diseases, Ailments & Illnesses.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Accept the Bitter to get Better
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco-D2 ● Ayala-D1 ● Baliwasan-D1 ● Baluno-D1 ● Boalan-D2 ● Bolong-D2 ● Buenavista-D2 ● Bunguiao-D2 ● Busay-D2 ● Cabaluay-D2 ● Cabatangan-D1 ● Cacao-D2 ● Calabasa-D2 ● Calarian-D1 ● Camino Nuevo-D1 ● Campo Islam-D1 ● Canelar-D1 ● Capisan-D1 ● Cawit-D1 ● Culianan-D2 ● Curuan-D2 ● Daap ● Dita-D2 ● Divisoria-D2 ● Dulian Bunguiao-D2 ● Dulian Pasonanca-D1 ● Guisao-D2 ● Guiwan-D2 ● Kasanyangan-D2 ● La Paz-D1 ● Labuan-D1 ● Lamisahan-D2 ● Landang Gua-D2 ● Landang Laum-D2 ● Lanzones-D2 ● Lapakan-D2 ● Latuan Curuan-D2 ● Licomo-D2 ● Limaong ● Limpapa-D1 ● Lubigan-D2 ● Lumayang-D2 ● Lumbangan-D2 ● Lunzuran-D2 ● Maasin-D1 ● Malagutay-D1 ● Mampang-D2 ● Manalipa-D2 ● Mangusu-D2 ● Manicahan-D2 ● Mariki-D1 ● Mercedes-D2 ● Muti-D2 ● Pamucutan-D1 ● Pangapuyan-D2 ● Panubigan-D2 ● Pasilmanta-D2 ● Pasobolong-D2 ● Pasonanca-D1 ● Patalon-D1 ● Putik-D2 ● Quiniput-D2 ● Recodo-D1 ● Rio Hondo-D1 ● Salaan-D2 ● San Jose Cawa-Cawa-D1 ● San Jose Gusu-D1 ● San Ramon-D1 ● San Roque-D1 ● Sangali-D2 ● Sibulao Curuan-D2 ● Sinubong-D1 ● Sinunuc-D1 ● Sta. Barbara-D1 ● Sta. Catalina-D2 ● Sta. Maria-D1 ● Sto. Niño-D1 ● Tagasilay-D2 ● Taguiti-D2 ● Talabaan-D2 ● Talisayan-D1 ● Talon-Talon-D2 ● Taluksangay-D2 ● Tetuan-D2 ● Tictapul-D2 ● Tigbalabag-D2 ● Tigtabon-D2 ● Tolosa-D2 ● Tugbungan-D2 ● Tulungatung-D1 ● Tumaga-D1 ● Tumalutab-D2 ● Tumitus-D2 ● Victoria-D2 ● Vitali-D2 ● Zambowood-D2 ● Zone I-D1 ● Zone II-D1 ● Zone III-D1 ● Zone IV-D1
When in Zamboanga Visit
On the East Coast Hwy: The barangay before Mercedes is Boalan and the one after Mercedes is Culianan
Welcome Arch of Mercedes
Mercedes Barangay Hall
Fire Station, Mercedes
Villa Teresa, Mercedes
Holy Week in Mercedes
Central School, Mercedes
Immaculate Conception Church, Mercedes
Philippine National Police Region 9, Office Headquarters. Camp Col. Romeo A Abendan
Philippine National Police Region 9, Office Headquarters. Camp Col. Romeo A Abendan
- 1 Location of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 2 History of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 3 Elected Government Officials of Barangay Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 4 Public Utilities of Mercedes
- 5 Businesses in Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 6 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 8 Schools in Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 9 Economy of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 10 Natural Resources of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 11 Fiestas and Traditions of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 12 Mercedes, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
- 13 Tourists Attractions of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 14 Your Story about Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 15 Families of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- 16 Mercedes Zamboanga City Photo Gallery
- 17 Disclaimer
Location of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
Mercedes is situated at the north eastern part of the City of Zamboanga. It is about 12.75 kilometers and around 15 to 20 minutes ride from the city proper. It is bounded by Barangay Talabaan on the east, Barangay Zambowood on its West, Mangrove and Seacoast on the South and Barangays Culianan and Pasobolong on the North. It is composed of six zones, zone 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 with five known Sitios (sites) called View Island, Balinsungay, Lumbayao, Mulu-Muluan, and Bilang-bilang.
Its main roads are:
- Maria Clara L. Lobregat National Highway (MCLL Highway) – Main Highway from City proper to Zamboanga del Sur and other parts of Mindanao
- Calle Real – Passing through Zone 1, 2 and 3 towards Sitio Balinsungay exiting at Sitio Gapuh at Barangay Talabaan
- RSAF Street – From MCLL Highway towards the Philippine National Police Regional Head Quarter exiting Barangay Zamboawood
- Calle San Isidro – From MCLL Highway through Zone 2 and 4 connecting Calle Santa Filomena
- Calle Socorro – From MCLL Highway passing through Zone 3 and 4 leading to Sito Mulu-Muluan
- Calle Cariagas – Connecting Calle Real intersecting Calle Arcillas up Calle Santa Filomena at Zone 5
- Calle Arcillas – Intersecting Calle Cariagas, Calle San Isidro and Calle Santa Filomena exiting Barangay Talabaan
- Calle Santa Filomena – Connecting Calle Socorro, intersecting Calle San Isidro and Calle Cariagas in Sitio Lumbayao exiting Barangay Zambowood
- Calle Las Merced – Connecting Calle Socorro and Calle San Isidro
- Camino Nuevo – Connecting Calle Socorro and Calle San Isidro
- Pohok Drive – Connecting Calle Socorro toward the rice granary of Barangay Mercedes and Barangay Culianan
- Other Existing Roads (without existing name yet) – Road connecting Calle Socorro at Zone 3, road leading to View Island at Zone 1 and others
History of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
In the middle of eighteenth (18th) century the Spanish Jesuit Missionary transferred its Catholic Mission to PASO CAÑA (Bamboo Pass). This name was attributed to the abundance of bamboo trees that grew along the river banks and in many other places in the area. Paso caña was the name of the place until the first Chapel was constructed by the first Jesuit Missionary Priest in Eighteen Sixty Seven (1867) who change the name to LAS MERCEDES in honor of the Patron Saint of Mercedarian who inspired the redemption and recovery of many Christian captives in the hands of the Moors during the reign of Don Jaime de Aragon, the king of Spain.
From then on, the place was named Las Mercedes until the enactment of the COMMONWEALTH ACT No. 39 series of 1937 were it became one of the ninety eight (98) barangays of the City of Zamboanga as Barangay MERCEDES.
Barangay Mercedes has a total land area of 1,288.56 hectares, originally 30% of which is composed of rice fields, 68% are distributed among crop lands and 2% mangroves and fishponds. With its mostly plane terrain, Mercedes is fast becoming a residential site, where crop lands are currently being converted to residential subdivision. The Doña Felisa Subdivision, Rosita’s Subdivision and Blue Homes are amongst the first to venture into real estate development in the barangay. The combined total number of housing units to be constructed is placed at around nine hundred (900), and upon the completion of these projects the population as well as the number of households in the barangay is expected to exceed 11,500 and 2000 respectively. To-date there are still several pending applications for real estate development in the barangay.
The population is of mixed religion and culture, estimated at around eighty percent (80%) Christians residing mostly within the first five zones of the barangay and twenty percent (20%) Muslims predominantly staying in zone 6, Sitio Mulu-Muluan and Bilang-bilang. The Christians are about eighty five percent (85%) native Mercedeños while fifteen percent (15%) are migrants from Luzon, Visayas, Basilan and other parts of Mindanao.
The Barangay has a Catholic Church, a Mosque, a convent and a novitiate for ladies who wish to enter sisterhood, a Day Care Center, two health centers, Police Assistance Center, the regional headquarters of the Philippine National Police R-IX, three public Elementary and Primary Schools and a National High School. It has Cable Television services available, electricity, water utility and a robust signal for mobile phone of all the three major wireless phone carriers in the country. Fiber Optic lines are now under construction by one of the phone carriers in the country.
The Lay Formation Center of the Arch Diocese of Zamboanga where Catholic Conventions are being held as well as the transmitter site and the Catholic radio station DXVP is situated in complex at View Island.
The southern most part of the barangay Sitio Mulu-Muluan, is the proposed site for the Zamboanga International Airport which is yet to be approved based on the City Master Plan and would be constructed when funds are made available by the National Government.
With the availability of all the basic facilities and infrastructures in the barangay, we can always say that a NEW MERCEDES is not that far.
Elected Government Officials of Barangay Mercedes, Zamboanga City
|The barangay election of May 14, 2018 is over. The COMELEC is supposed to make the election results PUBLICLY available as President Duterte promised. Will they? Over 500,000 officials were elected. It is February 4, 2019 (over 8 months after the election) and their names are still hidden from the public. Made available only to the specific LGU. Election and Barangay Affairs Department (EBAD): Director Teopisto E. Elnas, Jr. does not reply to our emails. email@example.com (02-525-9298)|
Be a good citizen and SHARE public information. Please message the election result of this barangay to firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook . The names of the officials will be listed below.
- Elected Officials of Mercedes for the term of 2018 - 2020
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : ?
- Barangay Kagawads/Councilors:
- 7 members: Need their names
- Sangguniang Kabataan (SK officials)
- SK Chairman: ?
- SK kagawad:
- 7 members: need their names
- Elected Barangay officers of Mercedes for the term of 2013-2016-18
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Delgado, Purificacion Toribio
- Barangay Kagawad Arquiza, Noel Banaay
- Barangay Kagawad Perez, Rosa Saavedra
- Barangay Kagawad Sumergido, Edna Araneta
- Barangay Kagawad Fayluga, Romeo Noble
- Barangay Kagawad Manaligod, Nacar Afan
- Barangay Kagawad Toribio, Edita Tan
- Barangay Kagawad Tesoro, Mario Cabal
- Elected Barangay officers of Mercedes for the term of 2010-2013
- Mercedes, Barangay Chairman, Purificacion T. Delgado
- Mercedes, Kagawad 1, Rosa S. Perez
- Mercedes, Kagawad 2, Ernesto R. Perez
- Mercedes, Kagawad 3, Edita T. Toribio
- Mercedes, Kagawad 4, Edna A. Sumergido
- Mercedes, Kagawad 5, Cesar A. Lago
- Mercedes, Kagawad 6, Karl D.S. Quejero
- Mercedes, Kagawad 7, Mario C. Tesoro
- Mercedes, SK Chairman, Francis Roel P. Saavedra
- Elected Officers for the term of 2007-2010:
- Barangay Chairman:
- Barangay Kagawad:
- SK Chairman:
- SK Kagawad:
Sanguniang Kabataan Chairman - Remalain Perez Araneta ROLE OF THE BARANGAY: As a basic political unit, the barangay serves as the primary planning and implementing unit of government policies, plans, programs, projects and activities in the community, and as a forum wherein the collective views of the people may be expressed, crystallized and considered, and where disputes may be amicably settled.
- To improve delivery of basic services, social services, to include health services, social welfare, cleanliness and sanitation.
- To improve delivery of economic services for the betterment of our stakeholders.
- To improve Peace and Order by educating the youth, young adults regarding alcohol and drug abuses and to sit down with the parents of suspected drug dependents by conducting year round sports activities.
- To give trainings and seminars to all Barangay Officials as to their responsibilities to the stakeholders.
VISION: A PEACEFUL COMMUNITY HIGHLY LITERATE, WELL INFORMED AND PRODUCTIVE, WORKING TOWARDS THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE BARANGAY IN UNITY WITH GOD HIS PEOPLE AND LEADERS.
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. After the election they forget you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
Public Utilities of Mercedes
THE MERCEDES Barangay Water Project Rural Waterworks Association, Inc.
OFFICERS ELECTED FEBRUARY 1, 2009.
THEY WILL SERVE FROM MARCH 1, 2009 UNTIL FEBRUARY 28, 2011.
- Cesar A. Lago - President
- Rodrigo R. Perez - Vice President
- Roberto J. Debulgado - Secretary
- Frankie A. Perez - Treasurer
- Josephine S. Fayluga - Board Member
- Joselito A. Atilano - Board Member
- Isabelo A. Casimiro - Board Member
- Neofito A. Casimiro - Honorary Board Member
Businesses in Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- We invite you to list your business located in Mercedes.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Mercedes
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Mercedes, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Mercedes, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
The majority of the people in Mercedes are Christians. Others are: Muslims, Iglesia ni Cristo, Protestants.
- Our Lady of Ransom Parish - ( Founded: 1891)
- Fr. Michael Gementiza - Parish Priest
- Our Lady of Ransom Parish - ( Founded: 1891)
Schools in Mercedes, Zamboanga CityMERCEDES CENTRAL SCHOOL
A public school situated at Calle Socorro which caters preschoolers, primary and elementary pupils. For school year 2007 it registered twenty five (25), Seven Hundred Sixteen (716) and Six Hundred Fifty (650) pupils for preschooler, primary and intermediate levels respectively. The school has a Teacher and a classroom for preschoolers, thirteen Teachers (13) and thirteen (13) classrooms for the primary level and sixteen (16) Teachers with fifteen (15) classrooms for the intermediate level.
Mercedes Central School is the (first placer) Region’s Best Performing School. It is also the BRIGADA ESKWELA National Awardee (first placer) for school year 2005-2006 and 2006-2007. At the Division level the school is also a first placer for JARDIN NA ESCUELA competition.
MULU-MULUAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
A public school situated at Sitio Mulu-Muluan which caters to primary and elementary pupils. During the school year 2007 it has One Hundred Seventy Eight (178) and One Hundred Forty Seven (147) pupils in the primary and elementary level respectively. There are four (4) Teachers and four (4) classrooms for the primary level and five (5) Teachers with five (5) classrooms for the intermediate level.
LUMBAYAO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
This is the third public school for primary and intermediate level found in Sitio Lumbayao. It has forty six (46) pupils, two (2) Teachers and two (2) classrooms for its primary level, while the intermediate level has thirty two (32) pupils, two (2) Teachers and a classroom as recorded during the school year 2007.
A Secondary level public school situated at Calle San Isidro. For school year 2007 it registered Eight Hundred Seventy Eight (878) students. It has thirty (30) Teachers and twenty (20) VISION
The Mercedes National High School envisions every learner to be educationally literate and be transformed and developed in God fearing, healthy, productive and responsible individual.
To upgrade the educational facilities of the school
To enhance the teaching proficiency and professionalism of the teachers
To obtain good support and cooperation with stakeholders
To foster positive organizational climate in the school
Economy of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Mncplty you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Mncplty, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Fiestas and Traditions of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
Basically known as the Santo Entierro, images depicting Christ's passion and death are owned by the prominent and old families of Mercedes. These images are paraded along the streets of the old Calle Real during the Good Friday.
Some of these images were family heirlooms and handed down from one generation to the other. Some of these images are:
- The Santo Sepulcro or the Dead Christ, this image is inside a black glass coffin with thirteen yellow candles on both sides, is carried on the shoulders of the devotees, is owned by the Carpio Clan. This image of the Carpios is one of the oldest images in the procession that starts from the family's Patriach, Eladio Carpio, my maternal great great grandfather.
- The Scourging at the Pillar by the Rivera's Family,
- The Pieta and Agony in the Garden, both owned by the Toribio Clan,
- The Nazarene, the Domingo Ramos and
- Jesus speaks with the women of Jerusalem, owned by the Perezes
- The Crucifixion, owned by the Enriquez Family.
- The image of La Pacencia (Crowning with Thorns), owned by Señora Florentina Alvarez and Family
- The image of St. Veronica, Desmayado, and Jesus nailed on the Cross, are owned by the other side of the Enriquezes.
- The Mater Dolorosa (The Sorrowful Mother), which is used for the La Virgen de Soledad Procession held after the Santo Entierro Procession and during the Domingo Encuentro, is owned by the Torres Family.
- The image of St. Mary Magdalene is owned by the Tan's Family.
- The image of St. Peter, owned by the Arquiza's family.
- Jesus is helped by Simon of Cyrene is owned by the Toribio's Family.
- Jesus meets His Mother is owned by the Perez's Family.
Fiestas and Traditions Gallery
Mercedes, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Tourists Attractions of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via .
- Post the Mercedes landmarks here.
Your Story about Mercedes, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Families of Mercedes, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in the barangay of Mercedes.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Mercedes
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Mercedes Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.