Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Barangays of Midsalip, in the Zamboanga del Sur Province within Region IX in Republic of The Philippines
Bacahan • Balonai • Bibilop • Buloron • Cabaloran • Canipay Norte • Canipay Sur • Cumaron • Dakayakan • Duelic • Dumalinao • Ecuan • Golictop • Guinabot • Guitalos • Guma • Kahayagan • Licuro-an • Lumpunid • Matalang • New Katipunan • New Unidos • Palili • Pawan • Pili • Pisompongan • Piwan • Poblacion A • Poblacion B • Sigapod • Timbaboy • Tulbong • Tuluan
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Municipalities in the Zamboanga Del Sur Province within Region IX(zamboanga peninsula) in Republic of The Philippines
Aurora • Bayog • Dimataling • Dinas • Dumalinao • Dumingag • Guipos • Josefina • Kumalarang • Labangan • Lakewood • Lapuyan • Mahayag • Margosatubig • Midsalip • Molave • Pitogo • Ramon Magsaysay • San Miguel • San Pablo • Sominot • Tabina • Tambulig • Tigbao • Tukuran • Vincenzo A. Sagun
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur: Pagadian City
Seal of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur|
Location of Midsalip within Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga del Sur Map Locator
Municipaltiy Hall of Midsalip
- Midsalip has a total of 33 barangays
- Registered Voters of Midsalip as of (2010) = 15,806
- Midsalip is in the 1st Voting District of Zamboanga del Sur
- Population of Midsalip (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 30,772
- Land Area of Midsalip (as of 2007, in hectares) = 16,156
- Midsalip is a un-classified Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Midsalip is in the Zamboanga del Sur province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
- 1 Geography of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 2 Location of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 3 History of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 4 People of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 5 Elected Government Officials of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale or lease in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 13 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 16 Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 Midsalip Zamboanga del Sur Photo Gallery
- 18 Disclaimer
Geography of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Midsalip Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 16,156
Location of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Midsalip is in the Zamboanga del Sur province.
- Zamboanga del Sur is within Region IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The town's name is from a Subanen word,"Migsalip" which means "to collect" or "accumulate".
Midsalip was formed as a municipality out of 21 barrios of the Municipality of Ramon Magsaysay and 6 barrios of the Municipality of Dumingag on September 9, 1964, by virtue of Executive Order Number 94 signed by President Diosdado Macapagal. This didn’t last long, however, as it as dissolved on February 26, 1966, due to a Supreme Court decision regarding the legality of the funds disbursed by the municipal treasurer. As a result, Midsalip was reverted to barrio status. It wasn’t until May 8, 1967, when the Republic Act No. 4871 was passed when Midsalip became a regular municipality again.
- article verbatim from wikipedia
People of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Population of Midsalip (as of 2015 Census) = 32,075
- Population of Midsalip (as of May 1, 2010 Census) = 31,467
- Midsalip Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 30,772
- Midsalip Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 15,806
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected officials of Midsalip for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Midsalip: SORONIO, ELMER
- Vice-Mayor of Midsalip: PADAYHAG, STEWART
- Councilors of Midsalip:
- NACION, RUDY
- SULLANO, JOTING
- MARIO, DARLITO
- DUMANDOS, BRYAN
- ORDANIZA, BALONDO
- TAPALES, JENNEFER
- ANDILAB, CESIN
- SAPINIT, BERTO
- Elected officials of Midsalip for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Midsalip: Leonida Albor Angcap
- Vice-Mayor of Midsalip: Elmer Soronio
- Councilors of Midsalip:
- Stewart Padayhag
- Alberto Sapinit
- Rosalina Andilab
- Raul Pastor
- Rudy Nacion
- Pablo Mantos Sr.
- Joel Ordaniza
- Jennefer Tapales
- Elected officials of Midsalip for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Midsalip: Liwaya Angcap Paras - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Midsalip: Leonida Albor Angcap - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Councilors of Midsalip:
- PADAYHAG, STEWART (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 8583 11.11%
- ANGCAP, RADNIE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 8267 10.70%
- SORONIO, ELMER (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 7851 10.16%
- SAPINIT, ALBERTO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 7751 10.03%
- ANDILAB, ROSALINA (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 7653 9.91%
- MAGSAYO, ALAN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 7547 9.77%
- VERDAD, REGIE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 7240 9.37%
- MANTOS, PABLO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 7102 9.19%
- Elected officials of Midsalip for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Midsalip: Leonida Albor Angcap
- Vice-Mayor of Midsalip: Norberto Urot Ramos
- Councilors of Midsalip:
Businesses in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Midsalip, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, the opening of classes for the year 2020-2021 is deferred to October 5, 2020.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Midsalip can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Midsalip you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Midsalip, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Midsalip Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Midsalip Zamboanga del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Midsalip in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Midsalip. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Midsalip landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Midsalip? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Midsalip. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Midsalip.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Midsalip Zamboanga del Sur Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines]]=