Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
Barangays of Natonin in the Mountain Province within Region XIV-CAR in the Republic of The Philippines
Alunogan • Balangao • Banao • Banawal • Butac • Maducayan • Poblacion • Pudo • Saliok • Santa Isabel • Tonglayan
- Natonin is a municipality in the Mountain Province.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Mountain Province within Region XIV-CAR in the Republic of The Philippines
Barlig || Bauko || Besao || Bontoc (Capital) || Natonin || Paracelis || Sabangan || Sadanga || Sagada || Tadian
Cities in the Mountain Province: None
Natonin, Mountain Province Official Seal
Natonin, Mountain Province
Municipalities within Mountain Province
Mountain Province within The Philippines
Natonin Municipal Hall
- 1 Geography of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 2 Location of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 3 History of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 4 People of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 5 Local Government Unit LGU of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale in Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 13 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Natonin, Mountain, Philippines
- 16 Natonin, Mountain Province Photo Gallery
- 17 Disclaimer
Geography of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- Article from NSCB verbatim
Natonin is a landlocked municipality with a total land area of 49,050 hectares and located about 90 kilometres east of Bontoc, the capital town of Mountain Province and about 60 kilometres from Santiago City, Isabela. It is situated 121° 16.5” longitude and 17° 6.6” latitude.
The municipality is bounded on the north by the province of Kalinga, on the south by the province of Ifugao, on the east by the municipality of Paracelis, and on the west by the municipality of Barlig.
The topography is mountainous with thick woodland forests characterized by gradually sloping areas with some low hill areas.
The existing percentage distribution of land use in the municipality is as follows: built-up area 9,810 hectares or 20%; agricultural 14,715 hectares or 30%; grass/shrublands 4,905 hectares or 10%; woodland/forest 18,884 hectares or 39.50% and others are 736 hectares or 1.5%. Agricultural lands which comprise 14,715 hectares are mostly found on the mountain slopes usually terraced and irrigated. Woodlands or forests cover the biggest area encompassing 18,884 hectares of the total municipal area.
Location of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
Natonin is located in eastern Part of Mountain Province
History of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- article from the NSCB verbatim:
During the early part of the American regime, a military expedition was sent to pioneer and establish a local government unit in the eastern part of Mountain Province . In the past, communities existing in this area were named by the inhabitants by purok. The American soldiers who were sent to consolidate the different puroks into districts had to give a name for the locality.
The usual practice of the people in the area was to eat cold rice cooked the previous evening. One morning, a soldier passed by the place and asked for the name of the place. As a gesture of hospitality, the resident who answered “natomnin”, meaning, “Come! Let us have a breakfast of cold rice." The soldier thought that was the answer to his question and immediately jotted the word “Natonin” with a slight correction - removing the letter “m” for better pronunciation. Thereafter, “Natonin” was registered as the official name of the newly established municipal district.
The Philippine Constabulary Barracks Reservation was established here and where the first set of officers held their office. Madoli Gagen was appointed as the first president of the newly established municipality.
People of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- Population as of 2015 census: 10,272
- Population as of May 1, 2010 census: 10,048
The people of Natonin are from two distinct ethnic groups. Most of the inhabitants are of Igorot stock. The Madukayyong tribe identifies itself as Igorot, in that they are geographically in Igorot territory, yet many of their traditions and dialects are more closely related to Kalingan. It could be argued that the Madukayyong are the southernmost Kalingan tribe. Head hunting was practiced in Maducayan as late as the mid-1930s, and was set aside in favor of Christianity and education after World War II.
The latest total population recorded by the National Statistics Office is 10,048 (May 2010). Its total number of households is 1,768 with an average household size of 5.
Local Government Unit LGU of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state"..
- Elected officials of Natonin for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Natonin: Mateo Chiyawan
- Vice-Mayor of Natonin: Abel Bagsao
- Councilors of Natonin:
- Raymundo Lapasen
- Fernando Magranga Jr.
- Christopher Bayowan
- Rafael Bulawe
- Dionisio Ma-anong Sr.
- Patricio Corcha
- Jose Biangalen
- Joseph Chorpangan
- Elected officials of Natonin for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Natonin: NO RECORD FROM COMELEC AS OF 8/18/13
- Vice-Mayor of Natonin: NO RECORD FROM COMELEC AS OF 8/18/13
- Councilors of Natonin:
- Elected officials of Natonin for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Natonin: Mateo Liknachan Chiyawan
- Vice-Mayor of Natonin: Rodolfo Dontogan Liwanen
- Councilors of Natonin:
Businesses in Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Natonin, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Natonin can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
The municipality of Natonin is basically an agricultural area where farming is the primary source of livelihood. It has a total land area of 49,050 hectares of which 14,715 hectares or 30 percent are devoted to agriculture. The farmer’s main crop is rice. The rice terraces which are carved from the mountain slopes are planted and harvested twice while upland rice planted in kaingins are planted once. Other crops of the municipality include corn, vegetables, peanuts, root crops, and fruits. Wild coffee beans are harvested from the forest.
Agricultural production in the area is potentially high. However, due to crude agricultural practices, inadequacy of irrigation facilities and farm-to-market roads and technical assistance, production is not maximized.
As to livestock production, the municipality has no operational piggery or poultry farms. There is backyard raising of chickens, pigs, ducks and a number of family ponds for raising tilapia but solely for household consumption. Cattle and and meat production are also on a limited scale. Hence, the municipality occasionally suffers from a shortage of pork and meat supply
Natural Resources of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Natonin in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Natonin. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Natonin landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The Natoninians is Celebrating their Sas-alliwa Festival Every 22nd to 25th of April every Year...This year WOuld be the 6th Sas-alliwa Festival i think...And i'm very Excited...
The oldest man or woman in Natonin, Mountain, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Natonin? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Natonin. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Natonin, Mountain Province.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Natonin, Mountain Province Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Mountain Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Natonin, Mountain Province, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.