Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
Barangays of Pinukpuk in the Kalinga-Apayao Province within Region XIV-CAR in the Republic of The Philippines
Aciga • Allaguia • Ammacian • Apatan • Asibanglan • Ba-ay • Ballayangon • Bayao • Camalog • Cawagayan • Dugpa • Katabbogan • Limos • Magaogao • Malagnat • Mapaco • Pakawit • Pinococ • Pinukpuk Junction • Socbot • Taga (Pob.) • Taggay • Wagud
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Kalinga Province within Region XIV-CAR in the Republic of The Philippines
Balbalan || Lubuagan || Pasil || Pinukpuk || Rizal || Tanudan || Tinglayan
Cities in the province of Kalinga: Tabuk City (Capital)
Pinukpuk Municipality Seal
Pinukpuk within Kalinga
Municipalities within Kalinga
Kalinga-Apayao Province within The Philippines
Pinukpuk Municipality Hall
- 1 Geography of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 2 Location of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 3 History of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 4 People of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 5 Local Government Unit LGU of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale or Lease in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 13 Fiestas and Traditions of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- 16 Pinukpuk, Kalinga Photo Gallery
- 17 Disclaimer
Geography of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- Data from the DILG:
The municipality has a total land area of 69,410 has. that is bounded by the municipality of Balbalan on the west; Conner, Apayao on the north, Tabuk on the south, and the municipality of Rizal and partly by the municipality of Tuao, Cagayan on the east.
Upper Pinukpuk is mountainous, its irregular terrain provides for vast and thick forest growths between sporadic specks of settlements, while Lower Pinukpuk lies along the national highway which runs parallel to the Chico river. The Chico River meets the Saltan River from the upper stream in the southern boundary of the municipality.
Location of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- Pinukpuk is located ....
History of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- copied verbatim from DILG
Before the Spanish era, the people in this once thickly forested area that is now Pinukpuk were warring tribes. The chieftains, “mengal” or “pangat” in the native dialect, were rulers of sub-tribes in small villages. Fierce fighting marked relations between these groups until the introduction of “bodong” or peace pact system. It was during this period that the area got its name Pinukpuk, which in the local vernacular meant “to strike with the use of bolo or any sharp weapon” in deference perhaps to the frequent feuds at that time.
In 1904, the American Lt. Governor of the sub-province of Kalinga, better known as “Sapao” among the people, arrived at Pinukpuk. He appointed the village chieftain as president whose help enabled him to convince the people to cooperate with him. A tribal chieftain by the name of Panabang was the first such president appointed by Sapao.
The municipality of Pinukpuk was only created as a regular municipality on June 25, 1963 with the seat of the municipal government established at Taga, Poblacion by virtue of Executive Order No. 42. Castro Lammawin was its first elected municipal mayor. He was succeeded by Francisco Dugayon from 1964 to 1967 followed by Pedro Dugas in 1968 to 1979, Fidel Dugayon from 1980 to 1981 and Nicasio Mamawag in 1981 to 1985.
People of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- Total Population of Pinukpuk as of 2015 census: 32,026
- Total Population of Pinukpuk as of May 1, 2010 census: 29,596
Local Government Unit LGU of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected officials of Pinukpuk for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Pinukpuk: Irving Dasayon
- Vice-Mayor of Pinukpuk: Jimmy Dasayon - Unopposed
- Councilors of Pinukpuk:
- Bernie Cabannag
- Froilan Belac
- Hilaria Balagso
- Lolito Iddoba
- Gavino Apaling
- Rafael Bonggawon
- Felicidad Dugayon
- Celestino Dong-as
- Elected officials of Pinukpuk for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Pinukpuk: DASAYON, JIMMY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Pinukpuk: DASAYON, IRVING (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Pinukpuk:
- BELAC, FROILAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5858 7.25%
- AWINGAN, ELMA CIELO (MKB) MAKABAYANG KOALISYON NG MAMAMAYAN 4235 5.24%
- IDDOBA, VECHELLE GAY INDEPENDENT 4173 5.17%
- BAYOG, DONALD (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 4087 5.06%
- BANGELAN, EDUARDO INDEPENDENT 4080 5.05%
- MABANAG, PETER INDEPENDENT 3880 4.80%
- AMBONA, WILLIAM (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3576 4.43%
- APALING, GAVINO INDEPENDENT 3573 4.42%
- Elected officials of Pinukpuk for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Pinukpuk: Irving Balicao Dasayon
- Vice-Mayor of Pinukpuk: Salvador Duga Cabannag
- Councilors of Pinukpuk:
Businesses in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or Lease in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Pinukpuk, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
Schools in Pinukpuk
Economy of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
The economy of Pinukpuk
Natural Resources of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
The tourist attractions of Pinukpuk
Fiestas and Traditions of Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Pinukpuk? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Pinukpuk. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Pinukpuk.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Pinukpuk, Kalinga Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Kalinga, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Pinukpuk, Kalinga, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.