Protect The Rivers of Cebu
Protect The Rivers of Cebu
- As of the year 2012, the Philippine rivers continue to be the #1 sewer system in the Philippines. >>Read on
- Source of article below: http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?article=1091331772880
- P140-M allocated to CV LGUs for coastal management project
CEBU CITY, March 15, 2012 (PIA) --- More than P140-M funds were allocated to nine local government units (LGUs) in Central Visayas under the Integrated Coastal Resources Management Project (ICRMP) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
LGUs in Cebu province will receive the biggest share with P88,339,682.50 or 63.04 percent. Six municipalities will benefit from the project, namely:
- Alcoy for the improvement and expansion of Level III water system with P19,813,920.00
- Aloguinsan for the construction of riverbank protection facility with a project cost of P7,036,815.50
- Carmen for the construction of Cantumog-Luyang river flood control system with an allotment of 30 million pesos
- Dalaguete for the construction of Dalaguete wastewater treatment facility with 6.5 million pesos
- Ronda for the expansion and rehabilitation of Ronda wharf with a budget of P19,840,397.00
- Samboan for the construction of ecotourism park and visitor center with a budget of P5,148,550.00
The LGU's above have the ability and the opportunity to protect their rivers from pollution and not just from erosion. The construction of these riverbank protection can be incorporated into a gutter system to protect the river and the environment.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Be the role model! >>Read On
DENR-7 Regional Executive Director Maximo Dichoso said the protection, rehabilitation, conservation and governance of the country’s coastal resources depend on the partnership and collaboration among the local government units and other stakeholders.
DENR Secretary Ramon JP Paje has instructed the regional office to provide the needed technical or administrative assistance to said LGUs so the funds would be released the soonest after all mandatory requirements are complied with.
Siquijor province will also get a total P51.8-M or 36.96 percent covering three municipalities, namely: Enrique Villanueva for the construction of ecotourism complex and facilities with P5.9-M; Larena for upland and coastal ecotourism with 15.9 million pesos, and San Juan with 30 million pesos for the establishment of Level III water system.
DENR leads the implementation of ICRMP with funding from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Global Environment Facility (GEF) supported by other national agencies like Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, Department of Interior and Local Government, National Economic Development Authority, Department of Agriculture and Department of Budget and Management in partnership with LGUs.(rmn/PIA-7/HFG/DENR-7)