San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Barangays of San Dionisio, in the Iloilo Province within Region 6-Western Visayas in the Republic of the Philippines
Agdaliran • Amayong • Bagacay • Batuan • Bondulan • Boroñgon • Canas • Capinang • Cubay • Cudionan • Dugman • Hacienda Conchita • Madanlog • Mandu-awak • Moto • Naborot • Nipa • Odiongan • Pangi • Pase • Poblacion • San Nicolas • Santol • Siempreviva • Sua • Talo-ato • Tamangi • Tiabas • Tuble
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
List of Municipalities in the Iloilo Province within Region VI-Western Visayas in the Republic of The Philippines
Ajuy | Alimodian | Anilao | Badiangan | Balasan | Banate | Barotac Nuevo | Barotac Viejo | Batad | Bingawan | Cabatuan | Calinog | Carles | Concepcion | Dingle | Dueñas | Dumangas | Estancia | Guimbal | Igbaras | Janiuay | Lambunao | Leganes | Lemery | Leon | Maasin | Miagao | Mina | New Lucena | Oton | Pavia | Pototan | San Dionisio | San Enrique | San Joaquin | San Miguel | San Rafael | Santa Barbara | Sara | Tigbauan | Tubungan | Zarraga
Cities in the province of Iloilo: Iloilo City (Capital) | Passi City
San Dionisio within Iloilo
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Iloilo, Philippines|
Map Locator of Iloilo Province
- San Dionisio has a total of 29 barangays
- Registered Voters of San Dionisio as of (2010) = 18,104
- San Dionisio is in the "5th" Voting Congressional District of Iloilo.
- Population of San Dionisio (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 32,171
- Land Area of San Dionisio (as of 2007, in hectares) = 12,706
- San Dionisio is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- San Dionisio is in the Iloilo province and within Region_VI in the Western Visayas Area in the eastern side of the island of panay
Geography of San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
San Dionisio Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 12,706
Location of San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
History of San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
The beginning of San Dionisio
People of San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
- Population of SAN DIONISIO, ILOILO as of 2020 census: 39,048
- Population of San Dionisio (as of 2015) censs = 38,775
- Population of San Dionisio (as of May 1, 2010) censs = 33,650
- San Dionisio Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 32,171
- San Dionisio Registered Voters (2009) = 18,104
Local Government Unit LGU of San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected Officials of San Dionisio for the term of 2019-2022
- MUNICIPAL MAYOR: Larry Cayetano Villanueva
- MUNICIPAL VICE-MAYOR: Darwin Escaba Bajada
- Councilors of San Dionisio:
- Erma Agpalo Perez
- Benjie Seriosa Laurencio
- Herjhun Articulo Albania
- Jeff De Asis Albania
- Cash Alkonga Jacomina
- Roger Neil Lao Lopez
- Rufino Batallones Alkonga
- Christian Paul Apid Lopez
- Elected Officials of San Dionisio for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of San Dionisio: Larry Villanueva
- Vice-Mayor of San Dionisio: Jon-jon Bajada
- Councilors of San Dionisio:
- Erma Perez
- Adonis Lumawag Jr
- Roger Neil Lopez
- Sally Lopez
- Tessie Villanueva
- Cash Jacomina
- Vincent Bano
- Danny Villanueva
- Elected Officials of San Dionisio for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of San Dionisio: LOPEZ, PETER PAUL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON
- Vice-Mayor of San Dionisio: ALBANIA, BIMBOY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON
- Councilors of San Dionisio:
- LOPEZ, ROGER NEIL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON 7825 8.52%
- BAJADA, JON-JON (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON 7724 8.41%
- LOPEZ, SALLY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON 7182 7.82%
- VISTAVILLA, MON (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 6414 6.98%
- JACOMINA, CASH (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON 5697 6.20%
- VILLANUEVA, DANNY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 5693 6.20%
- BANO, VINCENT (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON 5198 5.66%
- TUDEN, JOSE NOLI (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 4914 5.35%
- Elected Officials of San Dionisio for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor of San Dionisio
- Vice-Mayor of San Dionisio
- Councilors of San Dionisio
Barangay Elected Officials of San Dionisio, Iloilo for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes.
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in San Dionisio, you can list that property for free.
- VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, classes for the year 2021-2022 will be opened but will be monitored.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in San Dionisio can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Dionisio you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of San Dionisio, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Dionisio in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of San Dionisio. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Dionisio landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of San Dionisio? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in San Dionisio. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Featured News of The Philippines
Updated: October 4, 2022
Cordillera MSMEs employ over 80K workers.
BAGUIO CITY – The economy of the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) is driven by micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) with 75.6 percent of the region’s total employment working in the sector. In a press conference on Tuesday, Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)-CAR statistician Lito Pagaduan said that last year 22,493 establishments in the MSME sector employed 80,527 workers out of the total 106,503 registered employees. Pagaduan said MSMEs, which are businesses with capitalization lower than PHP15 million, created 88,753 jobs in 2018.
Ilocos Norte to create new office to boost food security
LAOAG CITY – The Ilocos Norte government is preparing to create a new division that will assist farmers and fishers in fully embracing agriculture modernization and mechanization for a food-secure Philippines. This after Draft Provincial Ordinance 2022-08-008, entitled “An ordinance creating the Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (ABE) Division of Ilocos Norte,” was approved by the provincial council on third reading on Monday.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for San Dionisio.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Iloilo, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[San Dionisio, Iloilo, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.