Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
|Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines is within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
It is roughly 86 kilometers from Dipolog City. Like in most areas of the country, It has a type IV climate with a mean temperature of 21 Degrees Celsius. Its economy is primarily agricultural and fishery in nature, with some trading in between. The main produce are rice and corn, fish and other sea harvests, mango, coconut and copra.
Sindangan is a flourishing municipality on the verge of becoming a city. Continued aggressive management of Sindangan is gradually bringing in new businesses.
Since 1645 Sindangan was a part of the Dapitan parish and then of Katipunan parish from 1876. Finally, it became independent as parish in 1936. Fr. Nicasio Patangan was its first pastor.
Saint joseph the worker parish grotto sindangan zamboanga del norte in Poblacion, Sindangan
52 Barangays of Sindangan, in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region 9 in the Republic of The Philippines
Bago • Balok • Bantayan • Bato • Benigno Aquino Jr. • Binuangan • Bitoon • Bucana • Calatunan • Caluan • Calubian • Dagohoy • Dapaon • Datagan • Datu Tangkilan • Dicoyong • Disud • Don Ricardo Macias • Doña Josefa • Dumalogdog • Fatima • Gampis • Goleo • Imelda • Inuman • Joaquin Macias • La Concepcion • La Roche San Miguel • Labakid • Lagag • Lapero • Lawis • Magsaysay • Mandih • Maras • Mawal • Misok • Motibot • Nato • Nipaan • Pangalalan • Piao • Poblacion • Santo Niño • Santo Rosario • Siare • Talinga • Tigbao • Tinaplan • Titik • Upper Inuman • Upper Nipaan
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Sindangan Zamboanga del Norte|
Location of Sindangan within Zamboanga del Norte
Zamboanga del Norte in Mindanao
Sindangan Market Plaza
Municipal Hall of Sindangan
Municipal Courthouse of Sindangan
Muninical Health Office, La Roche San Miguel, Sindangan
|Farmers Information Technology Service, La Roche San Miguel, Sindangan|
Provincial Training and Assesment Center, Goleo, Sindangan
Poblacion,Sindangan Public Market
Sindangan Senior Citizens Building, La Roche San Miguel, Sindangan
- 1 Geography of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 2 Location of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 3 History of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 4 People of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 5 Elected Government Officials of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 6 Why Invest and do business in Sindangan, Zambonaga del Norte, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale or lease in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 10 Sports and Recreation in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 11 Arts and Culture in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 12 Economy of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 13 Natural Resources of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 14 News
- 15 Tourists Attractions, Landmarks and Resorts of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 16 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 17 Your Story about Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 18 The oldest man or woman in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 19 Families of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- 20 Why Z-Wiki Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines?
- 21 Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 22 Click on link to View all the Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 23 Disclaimer
- 24 Our Fund Raiser
Geography of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The municipality of Sindangan occupies 204.9 square kilometers of land. 35% of the land is slightly rolling to rolling while 15% are plain areas. 48.63% of the land area is devoted to crop production while 8.63% are forest lands.
Sindangan Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 45,100
Location of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- It is located 122.8-123.10 East and 8.00-8.25 North.
- Distance to Dipolog City is 81.65 kilometers
|Location of City Hall: Intersection of Bonifacio St and Gov. Lim St.|
History of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The municipality of Sindangan was created on December 22, 1936 by virtue of Executive Order 97 signed by then President Manuel L. Quezon.
Formerly an isolated barrio of the municipality of Katipunan, Sindangan is now among the top revenue generating municipalities of the province of Zamboanga Del Norte.
Exactly how Sindangan got its name is shrouded in mystery, however there are two popular versions being spread around town, the fish version and the flower version. Read More »»»
People of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Sindangan Population as of (2015 Census) = 99,435
- Sindangan Population (as of May 1, 2010 Census) = 94,146
- Sindangan Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 87,720
- Sindangan Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 56,765
- Sindangan Registered Voters (2010 COMELEC) = 64,526
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state"..
Elected officials of Sindangan for the term of 2016- 2019
- Mayor of Sindangan: Nilo Florentino Z. Sy (Lp)
- Vice-Mayor of Sindangan: Bess Paculanang Jagonio (Lp)
- Councilors of Sindangan: Member, Sangguniang Bayan Of Zamboanga Del Norte - Sindangan - Lone Dist
Elected officials of Sindangan for the term of 2013- 2016
- Mayor of Sindangan: Nilo Florentino Z. Sy (Lp)
- Vice-Mayor of Sindangan: Bess Paculanang Jagonio (Lp)
- Councilors of Sindangan: Member, Sangguniang Bayan Of Zamboanga Del Norte - Sindangan - Lone Dist
Elected officials of Sindangan for the term of 2010- 2013
Elected officials of Sindangan for the term of 2007-2010
List of Mayors of Sindangan
- Bartolome Lira, Sr. (Appointed) 1936–1941
- Emilio Ortuoste (Elected) 1942–1945
- Joaquin Macias (Elected) 1946–1953
- Abundio Siasico (Elected) 1954–1957
- Joaquin Macias (Elected) 1958–1963
- Filomena Macias (Elected) 1964–1967
- Jose Tan (Elected) 1968–1971
- Mariano S. Macias (Elected) 1972-1979
- Ricardo S. Macias (Elected) 1980 -1985
- Crescente Y. Llorente, Jr. (Appointed) 1986-1987
- Crescente Y. Llorente, Jr. (Elected) 1988-1991
- Crescente Y. Llorente, Jr. (Re-elected) 1992-1995
- Winnie O. Albos (Elected) 1995-1998
- Winnie O. Albos (Elected) 1998–2001
- Winnie O. Albos (Elected) 2001-2004
- Crescente Y. Llorente, Jr. (Elected) 2004- (July - November 2004)
- Bert Singuillo Macias (Succeeded) 2004-2007
- Bert Singuillo Macias (Elected) 2007-2010
- Nilo Florentino Z. Sy (Elected) 2010–2013, 2013-2016, 2016-2019
- Land Transportation Office -LTO
- Zamora Street, Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte
Sindangan is the fastest growing municipality in Zamboanga del Norte. It is now classified as a 1st class municipality and Partially Urban. Soon to be classified as city due to its fast growing income capacity.
Sindangan has its own sea port. Several banks and financial institutions have invested in Sindangan and have established their branch offices here.
If you own or know any of the businesses listed below, go ahead and follow the link to its page. List the address and phone number or contact name and hours of operation within the page. Describe your business and services that you provide to the public.
- Businesses in Sindangan
- Banks, Pawnshops, Insurance, Credit and Lending Companies
- Restaurants and BakeShops
- Baron Bake Shop Poblacion, Sindangan
- Hardware Stores, Appliance Stores, Auto and Motorcycle Supplies, Construction Supply Stores, and Agrivets
- Pharmacies and Drug Stores
- Hotels, Motels, and Pension Houses
- Rysha Pension House Poblacion, Sindangan
- Shopping Malls, Shopping Centers, and Department Stores
- CellPhones and Computer Stores
- Gas Stations
- Seaoil Sindangan
- Memorial Homes and Funeral Parlors
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Repair Shops of Machineries & Testing Centers
- FMS Emission Testing Center Goleo, Sindangan
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Sindangan, you can list that property for free.
- VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
Sindangan has 1 private and 54 public elementary schools, 1 private and 5 public high schools.
The schools in Sindangan are:
- Elementary Schools:
- High Schools:
Sports and Recreation in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Sindangan.
- Basketball court, Mandih, Sindangan
- Basketball court, Dapaon, Sindangan
- Basketball covered court, Binuangan, Sindangan
- Basketball covered court, Calatunan, Sindangan
- Basketball covered court, Datu Tangkilan, Sindangan
- Basketball covered court, La Roche San Miguel, Sindangan
- Sindangan Plaza for Volleyball, Tennis and Basketball, Poblacion, Sindangan
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Sindangan.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Sindangan!
Economy of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Sindangan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Sindangan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Sindangan Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Sindangan Zamboanga del Norte" page.
Natural Resources of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
- Philippines gets $3-M counterterrorism grant
- Sunday, May 26, 2019
- MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine government has received a $3-million grant from an international foundation to help fight violent extremism in the country.
- Interior Secretary Eduardo Año announced yesterday that the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF), a non-profit Swiss foundation has partnered with the administration to provide funding for community-level initiatives to stop extremist movements ........... Full Story»
- Peso strengthens further ahead of US data, RRR cuts
- Saturday, May 25, 2019
- THE PESO strengthened further against the dollar on Friday ahead of US data and the implementation of the first wave of reductions in banks’ reserve requirement ratios (RRR).
- The local currency closed at P52.16 against the greenback on Friday, higher by 34 centavos versus its previous finish of P52.50 per dollar ........... Full Story»
- NGAP to hold SEA Games qualifying tourney
- Sunday, May 26, 2019
- The National Golf Association of the Philippines (NGAP) will hold a two-stage qualifying tournament for the upcoming 2019 Southeast Asian (SEA) Games that the country will be hosting in November.
- The event, open to all amateur Filipino golfer will be played at the Hacienda Luisita Golf and Country Club on June 4 to 7 and June 10 to 13 ............................... Full Story»
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or via .
- Aloha Ohana Beach Resort: 6km from the town proper. For inquiries / bookings contact cel # 011-63-935-808-3259 / 09264094989
- Upload The photos about landmarks in Sindangan.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
- Lingo Ng Sindangan - Dec. 16-22 Yearly
- Miss Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte
- Miss Teen Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte
Your Story about Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Sindangan? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Sindangan. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Families of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines.
Why Z-Wiki Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines?
We want to give the people of Sindangan the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Sindangan is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Sindangan participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Sindangan.
Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Sindangan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.