Sinunuc Zamboanga City Philippines
This barangay of Sinunuc is located in the west coast of Zamboanga City and is about 9.4 kilometers from the City hall.
History snap shot of Sinunuc:
There was no peace during the early days. The Christians were either killed or kidnapped by the hostile tribes. The men were killed; the women were taken to the Datu to be his wives, while the children were sold as slaves to the Sultan of Jolo. As a result of these incidents, many lives were lost and ruined, property damaged and education in the barrio suffered much. No school was built to educate the youths. Read on....
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco-D2 ● Ayala-D1 ● Baliwasan-D1 ● Baluno-D1 ● Boalan-D2 ● Bolong-D2 ● Buenavista-D2 ● Bunguiao-D2 ● Busay-D2 ● Cabaluay-D2 ● Cabatangan-D1 ● Cacao-D2 ● Calabasa-D2 ● Calarian-D1 ● Camino Nuevo-D1 ● Campo Islam-D1 ● Canelar-D1 ● Capisan-D1 ● Cawit-D1 ● Culianan-D2 ● Curuan-D2 ● Daap ● Dita-D2 ● Divisoria-D2 ● Dulian Bunguiao-D2 ● Dulian Pasonanca-D1 ● Guisao-D2 ● Guiwan-D2 ● Kasanyangan-D2 ● La Paz-D1 ● Labuan-D1 ● Lamisahan-D2 ● Landang Gua-D2 ● Landang Laum-D2 ● Lanzones-D2 ● Lapakan-D2 ● Latuan Curuan-D2 ● Licomo-D2 ● Limaong ● Limpapa-D1 ● Lubigan-D2 ● Lumayang-D2 ● Lumbangan-D2 ● Lunzuran-D2 ● Maasin-D1 ● Malagutay-D1 ● Mampang-D2 ● Manalipa-D2 ● Mangusu-D2 ● Manicahan-D2 ● Mariki-D1 ● Mercedes-D2 ● Muti-D2 ● Pamucutan-D1 ● Pangapuyan-D2 ● Panubigan-D2 ● Pasilmanta-D2 ● Pasobolong-D2 ● Pasonanca-D1 ● Patalon-D1 ● Putik-D2 ● Quiniput-D2 ● Recodo-D1 ● Rio Hondo-D1 ● Salaan-D2 ● San Jose Cawa-Cawa-D1 ● San Jose Gusu-D1 ● San Ramon-D1 ● San Roque-D1 ● Sangali-D2 ● Sibulao Curuan-D2 ● Sinubong-D1 ● Sinunuc-D1 ● Sta. Barbara-D1 ● Sta. Catalina-D2 ● Sta. Maria-D1 ● Sto. Niño-D1 ● Tagasilay-D2 ● Taguiti-D2 ● Talabaan-D2 ● Talisayan-D1 ● Talon-Talon-D2 ● Taluksangay-D2 ● Tetuan-D2 ● Tictapul-D2 ● Tigbalabag-D2 ● Tigtabon-D2 ● Tolosa-D2 ● Tugbungan-D2 ● Tulungatung-D1 ● Tumaga-D1 ● Tumalutab-D2 ● Tumitus-D2 ● Victoria-D2 ● Vitali-D2 ● Zambowood-D2 ● Zone I-D1 ● Zone II-D1 ● Zone III-D1 ● Zone IV-D1
When in Zamboanga Visit
Sinunuc Barangay Seal
Sinunuc Barangay Hall
Police Station 8 Sinunuc
Sinunuc Elementary School
Sinunuc Elementary School 2015
Filipino Turkish Tolerance School Administration Building
Masjid Zambolan Mosque Sinunuc
Main Road to Sinunuc
Stilt Homes by the sea Sinunuc
Transfiguration parish church sinunuc
Badjao Livelihood Training Center Sinunuc
Sinunuc beautification of seaside Hwy
- 1 History of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 2 People of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 3 Elected Government Officials of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 4 Businesses in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 5 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 6 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 7 Schools in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 8 Sports and Recreation in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 9 Arts and Culture in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 10 Economy of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 11 Natural Resources of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 13 Landmarks: Monuments or Historic buildings and Tourists Attractions in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 14 Fiestas and Traditions of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 15 Your Story/News about Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 16 Sinunuc Zamboanga City News
- 17 The oldest man or woman in Sinunuc, Zamboanga Cit
- 18 Families of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- 19 Sinunuc Zamboanga City Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 20 Sinunuc, Zamboanga City Photo Gallery
- 21 Why Z-Wiki Sinunuc, Zamboanga City?
- 22 Disclaimer
History of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
Story from the Sinunuc Barangay Office:
The word Sinunuc means "burned" in Tagalog. The story says that long ago, Sinunuc was once ruled by the hostile Moro of Jolo. There were also Christians in the vicinity. The moros occupied the "Bocana", the place at the mouth of the Sinunuc River. The Christians stayed in the interior where they cultivated extensive farms of corn and coconuts.
There was no peace during the early days. The Christians were either killed or kidnapped by the hostile tribes. The men were killed; the women were taken to the Datu to be his wives, while the children were sold as slaves to the Sultan of Jolo. As a result of these incidents, many lives were lost and ruined, property damaged and education in the barrio suffered much. No school was built to educate the youths.
But in 1896, some prominent folks in a Christian village constructed a schoolhouse in Pitogo. The response of the inhabitants was negative. The frightened Christians preferred to stay in the hills and mountainous areas because of the killings and kidnappings during those days. The school existed only for three months with ten pupils. The schoolhouse was burned and the Moros killed the teacher.
The barrio was still without a name and the Christians were not united despite of the unpleasant situation. Killing, kidnapping and arson became an everyday occurrence and terror reigned over the place.
One morning, while the Christians were celebrating their feast, the man shouted "The Moros are burning the Ermita (Chapel)!" and their homes along the sea coast. As there were only a few of them, they fled to the hills to save their lives.
The women cried and prayed and even the men raised their eyes to God for help as they saw their homes and farms burst into flames.
In the midst of the said destruction, a man called Mang Kikong shouted in Tagalog, "Ay Diyos ko, sinunug ang ating tahanan!" When the bandits left the barrio, the Christians returned to their place. They called for a meeting to rehabilitate the ruined barrio, and the Moros never returned after that.
May 18, 1900 was memorable for on this day, the first Thanksgiving Mass was celebrated with the blessed Lady of Peace and Good Voyage. The barrio became officially known as "Sinunuc" to remind them of those grim strife filled days.
Note: Many thanks to the writer of this brief history of Sinunuc.
People of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- Total Population: 15,926
- Number of Household: 2,681
Elected Government Officials of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- Elected Officials of Sinunuc for the term of 2018 - 2020
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Pilarica Kintanar Ledesma
- Barangay Kagawads/Councilors:
- Arnold Kintanar Ledesma
- Naim Andan Iraji
- Ruth Rivera Aquino
- Albes Tumindug Maruju
- Hja. Sophia Emdani Kiram
- Rossana Custodio Bello
- Jovito Sarmiento Calunod
- Sangguniang Kabataan (SK officials)
- SK Chairman: ?
- SK kagawad:
- 7 members: need their names
- Barangay Elected Officers of 2013-2016-18 term
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Ledesma, Pilarica Kintanar
- Barangay Kagawad Ledesma, Arnold Kintanar
- Barangay Kagawad Aquino, Armilet Limquez
- Barangay Kagawad Iraji, Naim Andan
- Barangay Kagawad Maruju, Albes Tumindug
- Barangay Kagawad Bello, Jaime Ramirez
- Barangay Kagawad Kiram, Faisal Hadji Asibi
- Barangay Kagawad Ismael, Ali Araji
- Barangay Elected Officers of 2010-2013 term
- Sinunuc, Barangay Chairman, Emiliano M. Sebastian
- Sinunuc, Kagawad 1, Armilet L. Aquino
- Sinunuc, Kagawad 2, Faisal A. Kiram
- Sinunuc, Kagawad 3, Pilarica K. Ledesma
- Sinunuc, Kagawad 4, Jaime R. Bello
- Sinunuc, Kagawad 5, Normiya A. Ibung
- Sinunuc, Kagawad 6, Jan Vincent S. Roca
- Sinunuc, Kagawad 7, Ali A. Ismael
- Sinunuc, SK Chairman, Dawn Marie A. Daung
- Barangay Elected Officers of 2007 -2010 term
- Punong Barangay: - Gonzalo D. Garcia
- Barangay Kagawad:
- Secretary: - Leilani U. Abdurakman
- Treasurer: - Matilde J. Rivera
- SK Chairman: - Rasid J. Lamani
- SK Kagawad:
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. After the election they forget you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
Businesses in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- We invite you to list your business located in Sinunuc.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for zamboanga.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Sinunuc
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Sinunuc, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
- Transfiguration Parish
- Sinunuc,Zamboanga City (Founded:2006)
- Fr. Nevio Vigano, PIME - Parish Priest
- Transfiguration Parish
Schools in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
The schools in Sinunuc are:
Sports and Recreation in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Sinunuc.
- The name of your sports/recreation, address, phone number.
Arts and Culture in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Sinunuc.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Sinunuc!
Economy of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Sinunuc you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Sinunuc, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via .
Landmarks: Monuments or Historic buildings and Tourists Attractions in Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or post in .
Fiestas and Traditions of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Sinunuc.
- Fiesta date of Sinunuc: 29th of May
Your Story/News about Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Sinunuc Zamboanga City News
Local gov't unveils P5.5M school projects in Zambo as classes opens
June 15, 2010 8:15 pm
ZAMBOANGA CITY, June 15 –As classes for school year 2010-2011 formally opened Tuesday, mayor Celso Lobregat and vice mayor-elect Cesar Iturralde unveiled a P5.5 million worth of projects at Sinunuc Elementary School, nine kilometers west of this city.
At least three projects were inaugurated in just one day at Sinunuc Elementary School: the two-storey building with four classrooms costing P1.7 million; two buildings with three classrooms each in the amount of P1.3 million; and the 90-linear meter drainage system worth P495,000.
Lobregat said that the three projects were part of the P38 million worth of various infrastructure projects the city government under his administration had implemented in Barangay Sinunuc.
“We don’t make promises. We just deliver,” Lobregat said, pointing to the many projects his administration has been implementing in Sinunuc.
The other projects implemented in Sinunuc include the barangay hall, P3.4 million; police station, P4 million; two-storey six-classroom building at Sinunuc Elementary School, P4 million; slope protections and road concreting; and, rehabilitation of two-storey six-classroom building at Sinunuc National High School.
Also being constructed is the Home Economics building in the amount of P704,517.72 at the Sinunuc Elementary School.
The school principal, teachers and parents have expressed gratitude to the local government for the projects implemented in Sinunuc elementary schools that has almost 2,000 pupils and 26 teachers. (PNA) RMA/Teofilo P. Garcia/utb
The oldest man or woman in Sinunuc, Zamboanga Cit
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Sinunuc? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Sinunuc.
Families of Sinunuc, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Sinunuc.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE | (More…)
Sinunuc Zamboanga City Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Sinunuc.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Sinunuc Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
=[[Sinunuc Zamboanga City Philippines]]=
Why Z-Wiki Sinunuc, Zamboanga City?
We want to give the people of Sinunuc the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Sinunuc is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Sinunuc participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Sinunuc.
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.