South Cotabato Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the South Cotabato province within REGION XII (Soccsksargen) in the Republic of The Philippines
Banga | Lake Sebu | Norala | Polomolok | Santo Niño | Surallah | Tampakan | Tantangan | T'boli | Tupi
Cities within the Province of South Cotabato: General Santos City (Dadiangas)-Chartered City | Koronadal City (Capital)
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - ARMM
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
Seal of South Cotabato Province
|Guaranteed one senator to represent Region XII (Soccsksargen) and its provinces, cities/municipalities and barangays.|
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of South Cotabato|
Map of Soccsksargen region
South Cotabato Philippines
South Cotabato Provincial Capitol
Please upload picture
7 fall, Lake Sebu, South Cotabato
|Province of South Cotabato, Philippines|
- 1 Location of South Cotabato, Philippines
- 2 History of South Cotabato, Philippines
- 3 People of South Cotabato, Philippines
- 4 Elected Government Officials of South Cotabato, Philippines
- 5 Businesses in South Cotabato, Philippines
- 6 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in South Cotabato, Philippines
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in South Cotabato, Philippines
- 8 Schools in South Cotabato, Philippines
- 9 Economy of South Cotabato, Philippines
- 10 Natural Resources of South Cotabato, Philippines
- 11 Tourists Attractions of South Cotabato, Philippines
- 12 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of South Cotabato, Philippines
- 13 Philippine News
- 14 South Cotabato Zip Codes
- 15 South Cotabato News
- 16 South Cotabato, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 The oldest living man or woman in South Cotabato, Philippines
- 18 South Cotabato, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 19 Disclaimer
Location of South Cotabato, Philippines
- South Cotabato is located ....: 6.1667° N, 125.0000° E - South Cotabato, Coordinates
History of South Cotabato, Philippines
Centuries ago, the area that would be South Cotabato was sparsely inhabited by Malay Pioneers which later evolved into various ethnic groupings that still exist in the province today.
Settlers, who would lay the foundation of what would become a progressive province, started trooping down in 1914. The significant thrust occurred during the term of President Quezon in the late 30’s. The first of waves of settlers that time was led by Gen. Paulino Santos, a man whose undaunted pioneering spirit inspired thousands. After World War II, the final exodus of settlers from Luzon and the Visayas poured into the virgin land of promise. In the early 60’s as population, trade and industries grew in this southern part of Cotabato, a clamor for local self-governance arose. Thus, on July 18, 1966, South Cotabato was finally formed as an independent province raring to push its own development.
In 1992, South Cotabato gave birth to a new province. Seven towns in the southern and coastal section of the province now form part of the Province of Sarangani. That was a new challenge. And South Cotabatenos, with their indomitable pioneering spirit have proven once more their ability to face and hurdle diverse challenges and ably went through with the demands of times.
South Cotabato sparks new interest having emerged as the favorite venue for conventions and big events of national significance like the National Secondary School Press Conference, the Palarong Pambansa and the 9th Mindanao Business Conference to name a few.
The new millennium ushers in a new beginning for the province with the coming in of regional offices in the area in consonance with EO 429 dated October 12, 1990 issued by President Corazon C. Aquino and EO No. 36 dated September 19, 2001 issued by President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, provide for the reorganization of the new Administrative Region in Mindanao and having the city of Koronadal as the regional center of Region XII.
In only three decades since its provincehood, South Cotabato has already surpassed dozens of provinces established half a century ahead in almost every aspect of development. In a short span, it become one of the leading provinces in Mindanao. What it got to show today are vivid results of human synergy and the richness of its resources. (Source of article verbatim from: www.southcotabato.gov.ph/)
People of South Cotabato, Philippines
- The population of South Cotabato excludes the City of General Santos @ 594,446
- Total Population of South Cotabato as per 2015 census = 915,289
- Total Population of South Cotabato (as per Census of 2010) = 827,200
- Registered voters as of 2010 was 628,161
- Elected officials of South Cotabato for the term of 2016-2019
- Provincial Governor of South Cotabato: Daisy Fuentes
- Provincial Vice-Governor of South Cotabato: Vicente De Jesus
- House Representatives of South Cotabato:
- 1st District: Pedro Acharon JR.
- 2nd District: Ferdinand Hernandez
- Second District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Eamon Gabriel Matti
- Glezel Mariano-trabado
- Romeo Tamayo
- Jobeelyn Corilla
- First District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Ma. Ester Catorce
- Hilario De Pedro
- Cecile Diel
- Romulo, Solivio
- Ellen Grace Subere-albios
- Dardanilo Dar
- Agustin Dema-ala
- Elected officials of South Cotabato for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of South Cotabato: Daisy Avance Fuentes - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Provincial Vice-Governor of South Cotabato: Cecile Esmalla Diel - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- House Representatives of South Cotabato:
- 1st District: Pedro Busgano Acharon Jr. - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- 2nd District: HERNANDEZ, DINAND - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- First District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Trabado, Glezel Mariano
- Tamayo, Romeo Sanchez
- Baitus-Corilla, Jobeelyn Cajano
- Second District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- De Jesus, Vicente Reyes
- Catorce, Ma. Ester Marin
- Subere-Albios, Ellen Grace Narciso
- Luntao, Ervin Bunda
- Dema-Ala, Agustin Duveo
- Solivio, Romulo Sr. Octaviano
- Ladot, Samuel Lanaria
- Elected officials of South Cotabato for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of South Cotabato: Arthur Yusay Pingoy Jr.
- Provincial Vice-Governor of South Cotabato: Elmo Bañez Tolosa
- House Representatives of South Cotabato:
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected officials of South Cotabato for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of South Cotabato for the term of 2007-2010
- House Representatives of South Cotabato for the term of 2007-2010
Barangays Elected Officials of South Cotabato
Businesses in South Cotabato, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in South Cotabato, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in South Cotabato, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in South Cotabato, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in South Cotabato here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in South Cotabato here.
- List the Methodist churches in South Cotabato here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in South Cotabato here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in South Cotabato here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in South Cotabato here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in South Cotabato here.
- List the Baptist churches in South Cotabato here.
Schools in South Cotabato, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, the opening of classes for the year 2020-2021 is deferred to October 5, 2020.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in South Cotabato can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of South Cotabato, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of South Cotabato you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of South Cotabato, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of South Cotabato, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "South Cotabato Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of South Cotabato, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of South Cotabato, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of South Cotabato in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of South Cotabato. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the South Cotabato landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of South Cotabato, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
- 6% growth target stays
- Monday, Septembe 16, 2019
- The Department of Finance (DOF) said the government is maintaining its growth target of six percent or higher this year, even as the economy settled at only 5.5 percent growth in the first semester given the delay in the enactment of the 2019 General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Carlos Dominguez, finance secretary, also said to avoid a repeat of the 2019 budget delay, leaders of both the Senate and the House of Representatives are meeting every month to monitor the progress on the budget and the 25 priority bills enumerated in the 4th State-of-the-Nation Address ........... Full Story»
- Stocks up, peso stronger
- Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Share prices ended higher yesterday as investors tracked overseas leads to trade the market.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) was up 70.20 points to 7,858.65, a 0.9 percent hike ........... Full Story»
- Inaugural triathlon at New Clark City set
- Monday, August 16, 2019 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines — All is set for the New Clark City Triathlon which is the first triathlon event to be held at the New Clark City Sports Complex in Capas, Tarlac on Oct. 19-20.
- GoClark Sports and Events has partnered with presenting sponsor Robinsons Land Corp. in this triathlon featuring the swim event at the Aquatics Center, the 20km bike in the newly built New Clark City-SCTex connecting road and the run course in the sports complex, including the warm-up athletic track, the river park and a finish lap around the 20,000-seater Athletics Stadium ............................... Full Story»
South Cotabato Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|9500||Gen. Santos City||South Cotabato|
|9509||Sto. Nino||South Cotabato|
PO summit in Soccsksargen first in Mindanao
- Source: http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?article=1611336799662
- Saturday, May 12, 2012
- by (DEDoguiles- PIA 12 with report from LMSalvo-DA RAFID 12)
KORONADAL CITY, South Cotabato, May 12 (PIA) -- The Regional People’s Organization Congress on May 3 here was not only the first in the entire Soccsksargen Region but also the first PO gathering in the history of the Mindanao Rural Development Program (MRDP) in Southern Philippines, DA 12 Regional Executive Director Amalia Jayag-Datukan said.
More than 300 individuals attended the summit. Among two-thirds of them were chairmen and members of POs; other participants included local chief executives, CFAD focal persons, municipal and provincial project management implementing units in the region.
“The presence of our mayors is a manifestation of their support to MRDP,” Datukan said.
She added that the collaboration between the POs and their respective local government units assures the success of the implementation of MRDP initiatives.
DA 12 Regional Technical Director and MRDP Regional head Dr. Jimmy Olivo said “the regional PO summit was designed to prepare the region for the forthcoming Mindanao-wide gathering of POs.”
DA-MRDP’s 1st Mindanao PO Congress is slated on May 14 in Davao City where POs in the six regions in the entire Mindanao will convene to share developments of projects granted to them by the program and to discuss issues and concerns affecting them.
Participants of the regional summit here passed Resolution No. 01, series of 2012 requesting Pres. Benigno C. Aquino III to augment the existing funds of MRDP. They also appealed to local chief executives in the region to expedite the implementation of the program in their areas.
They also recommend the formation people’s organization that caters specifically to Muslim communities.
The resolution will be presented during the Mindanao PO congress where Pres. Aquino is expected to come.
During her presentation of the general updates of MRDP projects, MRDP CFAD coordinator Shiela Siago pointed out that of the six regions in Mindanao, Soccsksargen has been a consistent top performer with regard to implementation of project implementation.
“Region 12 gets almost a billion from the World Bank where a lion’s share of the amount funded the region’s rural infrastructure projects,” she said.
Soccsksargen Region covers the provinces of North Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, South Cotabato, and Sarangani and the cities of General Santos, Koronadal City, Tacurong, Kidapawan and Cotabato.
RTD Olivo said, “looking at the map of Central Mindanao, it is already half-filled with MRDP projects.”
Before the summit here ended, a raffle was drawn where the top prizes included two rice threshers, two corn mills, four carabaos, ang laminated sacks (trapal).
At least one thousand banana suckers were also raffled off along with seedlings of mangosteen, marang, guyabano, rambutan, and jackfruit. Provided by AgriPinoy Rice, Corn, High Value Crops and Livestock programs of DA.
Formal turn-over of these items is slated on May 31, along with the awarding of Gawad Saka regional winners.
MRDP is a medium term development intervention that addresses poverty reduction designed and implemented by DA. The program is funded by the World Bank with the national government (DA), and the LGUs which provide an equity share.
The program has four components: Community Fund for Agricultural Development (CFAD), Rural Infrastructure (RI), Natural Resources Management (NRM), and Investment Governance Reform (IGR).
South Cotabato, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
The oldest living man or woman in South Cotabato, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in South Cotabato? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in South Cotabato. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for South Cotabato.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:South Cotabato, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[South Cotabato Province, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.