The Philippines does not uphold the separation of church and state. It finances Islam.
In Philippines you can grow your own Herbal Remedies to Cure Diseases, Ailments & Illnesses.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Accept the Bitter to get Better
Tagasilay Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco-D2 ● Ayala-D1 ● Baliwasan-D1 ● Baluno-D1 ● Boalan-D2 ● Bolong-D2 ● Buenavista-D2 ● Bunguiao-D2 ● Busay-D2 ● Cabaluay-D2 ● Cabatangan-D1 ● Cacao-D2 ● Calabasa-D2 ● Calarian-D1 ● Camino Nuevo-D1 ● Campo Islam-D1 ● Canelar-D1 ● Capisan-D1 ● Cawit-D1 ● Culianan-D2 ● Curuan-D2 ● Daap ● Dita-D2 ● Divisoria-D2 ● Dulian Bunguiao-D2 ● Dulian Pasonanca-D1 ● Guisao-D2 ● Guiwan-D2 ● Kasanyangan-D2 ● La Paz-D1 ● Labuan-D1 ● Lamisahan-D2 ● Landang Gua-D2 ● Landang Laum-D2 ● Lanzones-D2 ● Lapakan-D2 ● Latuan Curuan-D2 ● Licomo-D2 ● Limaong ● Limpapa-D1 ● Lubigan-D2 ● Lumayang-D2 ● Lumbangan-D2 ● Lunzuran-D2 ● Maasin-D1 ● Malagutay-D1 ● Mampang-D2 ● Manalipa-D2 ● Mangusu-D2 ● Manicahan-D2 ● Mariki-D1 ● Mercedes-D2 ● Muti-D2 ● Pamucutan-D1 ● Pangapuyan-D2 ● Panubigan-D2 ● Pasilmanta-D2 ● Pasobolong-D2 ● Pasonanca-D1 ● Patalon-D1 ● Putik-D2 ● Quiniput-D2 ● Recodo-D1 ● Rio Hondo-D1 ● Salaan-D2 ● San Jose Cawa-Cawa-D1 ● San Jose Gusu-D1 ● San Ramon-D1 ● San Roque-D1 ● Sangali-D2 ● Sibulao Curuan-D2 ● Sinubong-D1 ● Sinunuc-D1 ● Sta. Barbara-D1 ● Sta. Catalina-D2 ● Sta. Maria-D1 ● Sto. Niño-D1 ● Tagasilay-D2 ● Taguiti-D2 ● Talabaan-D2 ● Talisayan-D1 ● Talon-Talon-D2 ● Taluksangay-D2 ● Tetuan-D2 ● Tictapul-D2 ● Tigbalabag-D2 ● Tigtabon-D2 ● Tolosa-D2 ● Tugbungan-D2 ● Tulungatung-D1 ● Tumaga-D1 ● Tumalutab-D2 ● Tumitus-D2 ● Victoria-D2 ● Vitali-D2 ● Zambowood-D2 ● Zone I-D1 ● Zone II-D1 ● Zone III-D1 ● Zone IV-D1
When in Zamboanga Visit
Barangay Seal of Tagasilay
On the East Coast Hwy: The barangay before Tagasilay is Muti and the one after Tagasilay is Taguiti
The Philippine government must STOP FINANCING Islam.
Old Barangay Hall of Tagasilay
Tagasilay barangay hall, zamboanga city
Health Center of Tagasilay
Tagasilay Elementary School Main
Tagasilay Elementary School kiosks
Tagasilay Elementary School, view from street
Tagasilay National High School
Tagasilay National High School Covered Court
Tagasilay Mosque along the Main Highway
Tagasilay Rice Field
- 1 Location of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 2 History of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 3 People of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 5 Businesses in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 6 Real Estate for Sale or Lease in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City, Philippines
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 8 Schools in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 9 Natural Resources of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 10 Tourists Attractions of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 11 Fiestas and Traditions of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 12 Tagasilay, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
- 13 Your Story about Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 14 Families of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 15 How to Upload Photos to the Photo Gallery of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 16 Some Photos of Tagasilay
- 17 Disclaimer
Location of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- East Coast of Zamboanga City
- Distance from Zamboanga City Hall: 61 kilometers
- Area Size in Hectares: 1,616
The mountain view of Tagasilay is bounded on the east by sitio Marangan of Muti, Curuan District; on the west side by Barangay Sibulao; on the north by Taguiti, which is a coastal area; and to the southern portion by Barangay Calabasa of Curuan District. It is cut across by the national highway going to the different municipalities of Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga del Norte.
Barangay Tagasilay consists of eight (8) sitios namely;
3. Sangali Diutay,
5. Sibulao crossing
7. Guinuman and
8. Centro Tagasilay.
The area is characterized by flat, rolling and mountainous terrain which is suited to coconut planting. Coconut and banana are the main source of income by farmers. They also engage in other agricultural crops such as upland rice, corn and coffee. The predominant soil type is bantog clay. In spite of wide range of vacant areas, Tagasilay is also rich of gold mines but farmers don't entertain gold tunnels because it will destroy the terrain and crops planted in the area. On the tallest mountain facing the sea, we can find RADAR which is operated by military personnel.
History of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
According to the old folks, the real name of this Barangay is Malibasag which means "strong" because of the strong water current. Even though the rain is not that heavy the water that flows through the canal is very strong.
Konsehal Mualip Indius was the first Konsehal del Barrio. Accordingly, when Mr. Noval, a surveyor, came to this barangay to survey on the land of the people living in this place he saw many Kansilay tree growing. Due to curiosity, Mr. Noval asked Konsehal Mualip in Muslim dialect, how do you say the word "have". Konsehal Mualip Indius told Mr. Noval the word have in Muslim dialect is “taga”. So, Mr. Noval said "Tagakansilay" which means "have kansilay tree". So up to the present it becomes Tagasilay.
The people of Barangay Tagasilay before used to go to a nearby barangay Taguiti, and will ride in Baroto (boat) in going to the city, because it is the only transportation they had.
People of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- 2007 Census
- Total Population: 3, 138
- Number of Household: 545
Elected Government Officials of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
|The barangay election of May 14, 2018 is over. The COMELEC is supposed to make the election results PUBLICLY available as President Duterte promised. Will they? Over 500,000 officials were elected. It is January 17, 2019 (8 months after the election) and their names are still hidden from the public. Made available only to the specific LGU. Election and Barangay Affairs Department (EBAD): Director Teopisto E. Elnas, Jr. does not reply to our emails. firstname.lastname@example.org (02-525-9298)|
Be a good citizen and SHARE public information. Please message the election result of this barangay to email@example.com or Facebook . The names of the officials will be listed below.
- Elected Officials of Tagasilay for the term of 2018-2021
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain :
- Barangay Councilors(Kagawads):
- SK (Sangguniang Kabataan) Youth Chairman:
- Elected Officers of Tagasilay for the term of 2013-2016-18
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Francisco, Hanisa Ibuc
- Barangay Kagawad Perez, Segundino Jr. Francisco
- Barangay Kagawad Ibañez, Edwin Gabayran
- Barangay Kagawad Mualip, Jamala Mutoh
- Barangay Kagawad Samson, Julmarik Matin
- Barangay Kagawad Jaani, Jalira Panasang
- Barangay Kagawad Pahanding, Bakang Basilio
- Barangay Kagawad Damang, Salam Alamain
- Elected Officers for the term of 2010-2013
- Tagasilay, Barangay Chairman, Hanisa I. Francisco
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 1, Makim I. Panasang
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 2, Johnny M. Ibañez
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 3, Edgardo I. Gaspar
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 4, Salam A. Damang
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 5, Segundino F. Perez Jr.
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 6, Jalira I. Mohammad Jr.
- Tagasilay, Kagawad 7, Bakang Pahanding
- Tagasilay, SK Chairman, Angelica I. Macario
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. After the election they forget you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
Businesses in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Sari-Sari store,
- Fruits Vendors,
- Band saw,
- Copra bodega,
- Fish Vendors,
Come to invest in our Barangay Tagasilay, Zamboanga City!
Real Estate for Sale or Lease in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Tagasilay, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Indigenous people SAMA, YAKAN, TAUSUG
- Catholic CHAVACANO, BISAYAN
- Seventh day Adventist
Schools in Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Tagasilay can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
The schools in Mapandan are:
- Tagasilay Elementary School
- School Address: Centro Tagasilay, Barangay Tagasilay, Zamboanga city
- Telephone Number:
- Principal: Dr.Jesibel Alavar
- Tagasilay National High School
- School Address: Centro Tagasilay, Barangay Tagasilay, Zamboanga city
- Telephone Number:
- Principal: Emie Gatab Mondejar
Natural Resources of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
Tagasilay is rich in Gold.
But, farmers don't entertain gold mining because it will destroy the terrain and their crops planted in the area.
- Can gold be mined in a manner that can environmentally be co-existent with farming and green alternatives???
Tourists Attractions of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via .
- Sibulao River -
- Mt. Tumalikod -
- Kanitin River
Fiestas and Traditions of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Every August 16th, and,
- Muslim Hari raya Eidil Fitri and Eidil Adha.
Tagasilay, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Your Story about Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Families of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Tagasilay.
Andius, Pahanding, Panasang, Mualip, Adalani, Abdul, Bantala, Acejas, Arcillas, Atienza, Rubio, Ibanez, Guerrero, Francisco, Paelmariano, Gabayran Molina, Perez, Apolinario, Gacu, Lagrama,
How to Upload Photos to the Photo Gallery of Tagasilay, Zamboanga City
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Tagasilay.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Tagasilay Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
=[[Tagasilay Zamboanga City Philippines]]=
- Click on the Photo Gallery link to view all the photos of Tagasilay
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.