The Philippines does not uphold the separation of church and state
In the Philippines you can grow your own Herbal Remedies to Cure Diseases, Ailments & Illnesses.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Accept the Bitter to get Better
Zone II Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco-D2 ● Ayala-D1 ● Baliwasan-D1 ● Baluno-D1 ● Boalan-D2 ● Bolong-D2 ● Buenavista-D2 ● Bunguiao-D2 ● Busay-D2 ● Cabaluay-D2 ● Cabatangan-D1 ● Cacao-D2 ● Calabasa-D2 ● Calarian-D1 ● Camino Nuevo-D1 ● Campo Islam-D1 ● Canelar-D1 ● Capisan-D1 ● Cawit-D1 ● Culianan-D2 ● Curuan-D2 ● Daap ● Dita-D2 ● Divisoria-D2 ● Dulian Bunguiao-D2 ● Dulian Pasonanca-D1 ● Guisao-D2 ● Guiwan-D2 ● Kasanyangan-D2 ● La Paz-D1 ● Labuan-D1 ● Lamisahan-D2 ● Landang Gua-D2 ● Landang Laum-D2 ● Lanzones-D2 ● Lapakan-D2 ● Latuan Curuan-D2 ● Licomo-D2 ● Limaong ● Limpapa-D1 ● Lubigan-D2 ● Lumayang-D2 ● Lumbangan-D2 ● Lunzuran-D2 ● Maasin-D1 ● Malagutay-D1 ● Mampang-D2 ● Manalipa-D2 ● Mangusu-D2 ● Manicahan-D2 ● Mariki-D1 ● Mercedes-D2 ● Muti-D2 ● Pamucutan-D1 ● Pangapuyan-D2 ● Panubigan-D2 ● Pasilmanta-D2 ● Pasobolong-D2 ● Pasonanca-D1 ● Patalon-D1 ● Putik-D2 ● Quiniput-D2 ● Recodo-D1 ● Rio Hondo-D1 ● Salaan-D2 ● San Jose Cawa-Cawa-D1 ● San Jose Gusu-D1 ● San Ramon-D1 ● San Roque-D1 ● Sangali-D2 ● Sibulao Curuan-D2 ● Sinubong-D1 ● Sinunuc-D1 ● Sta. Barbara-D1 ● Sta. Catalina-D2 ● Sta. Maria-D1 ● Sto. Niño-D1 ● Tagasilay-D2 ● Taguiti-D2 ● Talabaan-D2 ● Talisayan-D1 ● Talon-Talon-D2 ● Taluksangay-D2 ● Tetuan-D2 ● Tictapul-D2 ● Tigbalabag-D2 ● Tigtabon-D2 ● Tolosa-D2 ● Tugbungan-D2 ● Tulungatung-D1 ● Tumaga-D1 ● Tumalutab-D2 ● Tumitus-D2 ● Victoria-D2 ● Vitali-D2 ● Zambowood-D2 ● Zone I-D1 ● Zone II-D1 ● Zone III-D1 ● Zone IV-D1
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
When in Zamboanga Visit
Barangay Hall over Sucabon River
City's Main Fire Department, Cesar C Climaco Rd
The Philippine government must STOP FINANCING Islam.
Zamboanga Puericulture Maternity Lying-in hospital, Brillantes Street, Zone II, Zamboanga City
Corner of P Brillantes and CCClimaco streets
The center of Zone II is the old "Sucabon" area. The sucabon river runs through barangay zone II. The barangay hall itself is straddled over the Sucabon river. Four of the 6 cinemas in Zamboanga are located in Zone II.
East: Zone III with La Purisima St. as the divider.
South: Zone IV with Gov. Lim St. as the divider.
Start walking from La Purisima/Gov. Lim (north), up on Gov. Lim then right at Climaco rd., then left (West) on San Jose Rd., Then right on Buenavista which becomes Gov. Alvarez then right on La Purisima St. You have successfully traveled the perimeter of Zone II.
Streets that form the perimeter of Zone II: La Purisima St., Gov. Lim Ave., Climaco Rd., San Jose rd., Buenavista (Gov. Alvarez), to La purisima.
Institutions or Businesses within Zone II:
Puereculture Center, ABC Bakery, Golden Bell (Sucabon), Astoria Hotel, Jasmin tower, Original Zamboanga Fire Station, Nation Theatre (Mayor Jaldon), Rizal Theatre, Ultra Cinema, Viva Cenema.
- 1 Location of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 2 History of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 3 People of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 5 Businesses in Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 6 Zone II, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
- 7 Real Estate for Sale or lease in Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 9 Schools in Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 10 Economy of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 11 Natural Resources of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 13 Fiestas and Traditions of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 14 Your Story about Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 15 Families of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- 16 Zone II Zamboanga City Photo Gallery
- 17 Disclaimer
Location of Zone II, Zamboanga City
East: Zone III with La Purisima St. as the divider.
South: Zone IV with Gov. Lim St. as the divider.
Start walking from the corner of La Purisima and Gov. Lim (north), continue north on Gov. Lim then right at Climaco rd., then left (West) on San Jose Rd., Then right on Buenavista which becomes Gov. Alvarez then right on La Purisima St. You have successfully traveled the perimeter of Zone II. Streets that form the perimeter of Zone II: La Purisima St., Gov. Lim Ave., Climaco Rd., San Jose rd., Buenavista (Gov. Alvarez), to La purisima.
History of Zone II, Zamboanga City
Barangay Zone II was created on July 10, 1973, together with Zones I, III and IV pursuant to Executive Order No. 6, issued by then Late Mayor Joaquin F. Enriquez, Jr. through the Late Secretary Jose Ma. Bucoy, under Presidential Decree No. 86, dated December 31, 1972.
In September 02, 1987, Barangay City proper Zones I, II, III and IV, through the initiative of the Barangay Council of Zone II under the active leadership of the late Barangay Chairman Vicente Chan, were confirmed and recognized as full-fledged Barangays in accordance with the governing law stated above.
Barangay City Proper Zone II is situated right at the "heart" of Zamboanga City. It is bounded by Barangay Zone IV on the south, Barangay Zone I on the west, Barangay Zone III in the East and Barangay Canelar in the North.
- article from: Zone II LGU
People of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- (2007 Census): Total Population: 3,038
- (2010 Census): Total Population: 2,865
Elected Government Officials of Zone II, Zamboanga City
|The barangay election of May 14, 2018 is over. The COMELEC is supposed to make the election results PUBLICLY available as President Duterte promised. Will they? Over 500,000 officials were elected. Their names are hidden from the public. Made available only to the specific LGU. It is January of 2019 and the results are still not available. Election and Barangay Affairs Department (EBAD): Director Teopisto E. Elnas, Jr. does not reply to our emails. firstname.lastname@example.org (02-525-9298)|
If you are an elected official of this barangay, please message the election result of your barangay to email@example.com or Facebook . The names of the officials will be listed below. Please, share PUBLIC INFORMATION.
- Elected Officials of Zone II for the term of 2018-2021
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain :
- Barangay Councilors(Kagawads):
- SK (Sangguniang Kabataan) Youth Chairman:
- Elected Officers for the term of 2013 - 2016-18
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Arañas, Dariman Jani
- Barangay Kagawad Arañas, Nonito Martinez
- Barangay Kagawad Amabuyoc, Romeo Bondad
- Barangay Kagawad Abdulhamid, Pamela Canonigo
- Barangay Kagawad Delmo, Helly Cafino
- Barangay Kagawad Rio, Gilbert Aldenese
- Barangay Kagawad Beebe, Henry Mutia
- Barangay Kagawad Tagayan, Abdulsaid Anunan
- Elected Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Barangay Zone II (Pob.), Barangay Chairman, Nonito M. Arañas
- Barangay Zone II (Pob.), Kagawad 1, Emil E. Collado
- Barangay Zone II (Pob.), Kagawad 2, Pamela C. Abdulhamid
- Barangay Zone II (Pob.), Kagawad 3, Romeo B. Amabuyoc
- Barangay Zone II (Pob.), Kagawad 4, Johnbert V. Quinol
- Barangay Zone II (Pob.), Kagawad 5, Pilar L. Recto
- Barangay Zone II (Pob.), Kagawad 6, Abdulsaid A. Tagayan
- Barangay Zone II (Pob.), Kagawad 7, Helly C. Delmo
- Barangay Zone II (Pob.), SK Chairman, Elizabeth J. Arañas
- Elected Officers for the term of 2007 - 2010
- Punong Barangay: - Nonito M. Arañas
- Barangay Kagawad:
- Secretary: - Maritess P. Tacurian
- Treasurer: - Jeyzebel C. Beebe
- SK Chairman: - Jonjovi Amabuyoc
- SK Kagawad
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. After the election they forget you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state".
Businesses in Zone II, Zamboanga City
- We invite you to list your business located in Zone II.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsor zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Zone II
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Zone II, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Zone II, Zamboanga City
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Zone II, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Zone II, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Schools in Zone II, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Economy of Zone II, Zamboanga City
The population of Downtown Zone !Zamboanga City has actually gone down to 2,865 as per 2010 census. Most of the real estate has been developed for retail business.
The barangay leaders need to entice businessmen to build apartments and condominiums in this downtown area. Most of the workers in the downtown area have to commute from nearby barangays and with the horrendous traffic it takes almost an hour just to travel 5 kilometers. Building apartment buildings and condominiums will increase the workforce in the downtown area and workers don't have to commute anymore.
This will make zamboanga city downtown a walking business community or in other words a "walkable city".
What is a walkable city? In a walkable city there would be no need for citizens to use a car or a jeepney just to go shopping. Just walk to the supermarket and back. Walk to the mall and back. Just walk to work. No need to pay the exorbitant tricycle fairs. Walking will make the barangay citizens aware of their surroundings and any improvements that need to be done can immediately be reported to the barangay office.
As of 2016 this barangay is practically dead at night. As soon as most of the business close shop everybody gets busy looking for a way home. Home is not this barangay.
Natural Resources of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Zone II, Zamboanga City
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or via .
Fiestas and Traditions of Zone II, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Your Story about Zone II, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Families of Zone II, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in the barangay of Zone II.
YY | YY | YY | YY | YY
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Zone II.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zone II Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
=[[Zone II Zamboanga City Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.