Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Barangays of Cadiz City, in the Negros Occidental Province within Region 6 in the Republic of The Philippines
Andres Bonifacio • Banquerohan • Barangay 1 • Barangay 2 • Barangay 3 • Barangay 4 • Barangay 5 • Barangay 6 • Burgos • Cabahug • Cadiz Viejo • Caduha-an • Celestino Villacin • Daga • Jerusalem • Luna • Mabini • Magsaysay • Sicaba • Tiglawigan • Tinampa-an • V. F. Gustilo
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Negros Occidental Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Binalbagan || Calatrava || Candoni || Cauayan || Enrique B. Magalona || Hinigaran || Hinoba-An || Ilog || Isabela || La Castellana || Manapla || Moises Padilla || Murcia || Pontevedra || Pulupandan || Salvador Benedicto || San Enrique || Toboso || Valladolid
Cities in the province of Negros Occidental: Bacolod City (Capital) || Bago City || Cadiz City || Escalante City || Himamaylan City || Kabankalan City || La Carlota City || Sagay City || San Carlos City || Silay City || Sipalay City || Talisay City || Victorias City
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Seal of Cadiz City
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Cadiz City|
Cadiz City, Negros Occidental
Negros Occidental within the Philippines
Cadiz City Hall
Please upload Picture
- Cadiz City has a total of 22 barangays
- Registered Voters of Cadiz City as of (2010) = 82,343
- Population of Cadiz City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 150,750
- Land Area of Cadiz City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 52,457
- Cadiz City is a 2nd class Component City and Partially Urban.
- Cadiz City is in the Negros Occidental province and within Region VI in the Western Visayas Area.
Location of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Cadiz City is in the Province of Negros Occidental
- Negros Occidental is in the Island of negros and within Region VI.
- The Island of negros is in Western Visayas.
Geography of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Cadiz City Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 52,457
History of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- article from the City of Cadiz: www.cadizcity.gov.ph
Cadiz traces its beginning to the establishment of a trading settlement in a place known as Cadiz Viejo, near the bank of the river Hitalon.
According to historical records, the settlement was named Valdevieso, in honor of the founder Don Manuel Valdevieso y Morquecho, who was then Alcalde Mayor of Negros. Later, it was renamed Cadiz because of the similarity of the settlement with his hometown at Valdevieso, which was the seaport Cadiz in Seville, Spain.
In the year 1878, Cadiz became a municipality independent from Sarabia (now E.B. Magalona) with Antonio Cabahug as the first gobernadorcillo. Cabahug was said to have brought the first sugarcane cuttings that were planted on the soil of Cadiz.
At the onset of the American rule, Cadiz was on its way to prosperity with the coming of two lumber companies to the area. Unluckily, one burned down in 1921, while the jurisdiction of the other lumber company, which became famous was transferred to Sagay.
On May 5, 1967 an event took place in the shores of Cadiz. Three whales landed in its shores.Each measuring forty feet long and eight feet in height, these mammals were said to have lost its course and found themselves in Cadiz shores. On May 10 of the same year, another group of nine was seen on the bay. Due to this incident Cadiz is identified today as the city of whales.
On July 4, 1967, Cadiz was inaugurated as a City with the approval of Republic Act 4894 in June 17, 1967 in Congress. The said Act was authored by then Congressman Armando C. Gustilo.
People of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Cadiz City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 150,750
- Cadiz City Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 82,695
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government Officials of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines 2013-2016
- Mayor of Cadiz City: Patrick Guillen Escalante - LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE
- Vice-Mayor of Cadiz City: Samson "Jongben" Clavel Mirhan - LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE
- Councilor of Cadiz City:
- DECOLONGON, LILIA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 18983 9.93%
- METUDA, MARS (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 15948 8.34%
- CERVANTES, WILFREDO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 15576 8.15%
- DESUYO, OWEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 15572 8.15%
- GUANZON, SIXTO JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 15463 8.09%
- TABANAO, VICENTE WILLLIAM (LP) LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 14540 7.61%
- PUEY-HINOLAN, BAMBOO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 13987 7.32%
- LAMIS, ART (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 13772 7.21%
- MUSA, JUN (PDP) PARTIDO DEMOKRATIKO PILIPINO LAKAS NG BAYAN/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 13303 6.96%
- LACSON, DOVIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 12006 6.28%
- Elected Government Officials of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines 2010-2013
- Mayor of Cadiz City: Patrick Guillen Escalante
- Vice-Mayor of Cadiz City: Samson Clavel Mirhan
- Councilor of Cadiz City:
Barangay Elected Officials of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental
Businesses in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Cadiz City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Cadiz City
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Cadiz City
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Cadiz City
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Cadiz City, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Cadiz City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
The schools in Cadiz City are:
Sports and Recreation in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Cadiz City.
- The name of your sports/recreation, address, phone number.
- Upload the picture of your place of sports or recreation.
Arts and Culture in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Paso Robles.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Paso Robles!
- Upload the pictures of your favorite Arts & Culture topic.
- Cadiz City Arts & Culture Photos
Economy of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Cadiz City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Cadiz City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Cadiz City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Cadiz City" page.
Natural Resources of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Cadiz City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Cadiz City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Cadiz City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Cadiznon is Cadiz City!
Held every last week of January, this festival is celebrated in honor of the city's patron, the Senior Sto. Nino (Holy Child Jesus). The celebration features several competitions in games and sports, beauty pageants, dog show, and a fluvial parade where the image of the Holy child Jesus is carried aboard a fishing boat lavishly decorated with flowers of varied colors. This boat is convoyed by many other fishing boats also beautifully decorated with flowers. The feast is highlighted by the Dinagsa (Ati-atihan) Contest which shows "Ati Tribes" garbed in their colorful and outlandish costumes which reflected the artistry, craftsmanship, and ingenuity of the Cadiznons dance to the fast and deafening beats of many drums while carrying the image of the Holy Child Jesus. .
City Charter Day
A four-day celebration which marks the anniversary of Cadiz as a city. The fete starts with an agro-industrial fair and exhibits, various sports tournaments and exhibitions games, nightly musical entertainment, street dancing, and presentations, beauty pageants, band competition. The festival is highlighted by a parade participated by government and non government organizations, all barangays and all schools in Cadiz City.
Pamaskua sa Cadiznon
This is the city's version of celebrating the Yuletide Season which starts on the 16th of December. The celebration kicks off with a Lantern Parade and Competition participated by the different schools in the city. Other activities include Cleanliness, Christmas Decoration, and Beautification Contest; a nightly Christmas musical presentation and entertainment at the public plaza. The celebration culminates with a gift-giving to the selected indigent residents in the city.
Your Story about Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tell your story about Cadiz City. You can talk about the good things in Cadiz City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Cadiz City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Featured News of The Philippines
- ASEAN lauds Philippines for early warning on 'Glenda'
- Saturday, July 26, 2014 11:56 am
- MANILA, Philippines — The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, expressed sympathy to the Philippines in the aftermath of powerful typhoon "Glenda."
- In a recent letter to Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario, ASEAN Secretary General Le Luong Minh said the 10-nation bloc regrets the "loss of lives and properties in the communities of Bicol and Southern Luzon regions which have been affected" by the typhoon ........................ Full Story»
- PH consumer confidence continues uptrend
- Friday, July 25, 2014 10:28 am
- MANILA, Philippines–While consumer confidence across a number of Southeast Asian markets has experienced a minor decline in the second quarter of 2014, the Philippines remains bullish, jumping four points in the latest quarter, according to the latest Global Survey of Consumer Confidence and Spending released by market research firm Nielsen.
- The survey revealed that, amid escalating political instability and rising food prices around Southeast Asia, only the Philippines and Malaysia saw increases in confidence between the first and second quarters ........................ Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Top karatekas clash in 3rd As-Pac meet
- Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The third Asia-Pacific Karatedo and Kabudo Championships will be held July 30-Aug. 3 with the best karatekas in the region vying for top honors in various divisions at the Festival Supermall in Alabang.
- Karatekas from Iran, Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Vietnam join the country’s top bets in the event organized by the Philippine Karate League ........................... Full Story»
Cadiz City News
PIA Press Release
Rotary donates books to Cadiz City
Bacolod City (31 August2007) -- The Rotary Club of Bacolod South (RCBS), in partnership with the Rotary Club of Langley Central Vancouver, Canada, recently donated 300 boxes in two truckloads of books to the city government of Cadiz.
The books, mostly for elementary and high school students, arrived in time for the city library that had its rehabilitation and renovation program early next year.
Cadiz City Mayor Salvador Escalante thanked the officer of the RCBS for their concern and generosity to the Cadizenos.
Jabez Alvarez, project coordinator said they chose the city of Cadiz as recipient of the books in recognition of the programs of Mayor Salvador Escalante and his commitment to education.
Families of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Cadiz City.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE |
Why Z-Wiki Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines?
We want to give the people of Cadiz City the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Cadiz City is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Cadiz City participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Cadiz City.
Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Cadiz City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Cadiz City, Negros Occidental Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.