Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Barangays (22) of Cadiz City, in the Negros Occidental Province within Region 6 in the Republic of The Philippines
Andres Bonifacio • Banquerohan • Barangay 1 • Barangay 2 • Barangay 3 • Barangay 4 • Barangay 5 • Barangay 6 • Burgos • Cabahug • Cadiz Viejo • Caduha-an • Celestino Villacin • Daga • Jerusalem • Luna • Mabini • Magsaysay • Sicaba • Tiglawigan • Tinampa-an • V. F. Gustilo
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Negros Occidental Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Binalbagan || Calatrava || Candoni || Cauayan || Enrique B. Magalona || Hinigaran || Hinoba-An || Ilog || Isabela || La Castellana || Manapla || Moises Padilla || Murcia || Pontevedra || Pulupandan || Salvador Benedicto || San Enrique || Toboso || Valladolid
Cities in the province of Negros Occidental: Bacolod City (Capital) || Bago City || Cadiz City || Escalante City || Himamaylan City || Kabankalan City || La Carlota City || Sagay City || San Carlos City || Silay City || Sipalay City || Talisay City || Victorias City
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Seal of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Cadiz City|
Cadiz City, Negros Occidental
Negros Occidental within the Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Cadiz City Health Office
Cadiz City Public Library
Cadiz City Hall
- Cadiz City has a total of 22 barangays
- Registered Voters of Cadiz City as of (2010) = 82,343
- Population of Cadiz City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 150,750
- Land Area of Cadiz City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 52,457
- Cadiz City is a 2nd class Component City and Partially Urban.
- Cadiz City is in the Negros Occidental province and within Region VI in the Western Visayas Area.
Location of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- 10.9500° N, 123.3000° E - Cadiz, Negros Occidental, Coordinates
- Cadiz City is in the Province of Negros Occidental
- Negros Occidental is in the Island of negros and within Region VI.
- The Island of negros is in Western Visayas.
Geography of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Cadiz City Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 52,457
History of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- article from the City of Cadiz: www.cadizcity.gov.ph
Cadiz traces its beginning to the establishment of a trading settlement in a place known as Cadiz Viejo, near the bank of the river Hitalon.
According to historical records, the settlement was named Valdevieso, in honor of the founder Don Manuel Valdevieso y Morquecho, who was then Alcalde Mayor of Negros. Later, it was renamed Cadiz because of the similarity of the settlement with his hometown at Valdevieso, which was the seaport Cadiz in Seville, Spain.
In the year 1878, Cadiz became a municipality independent from Sarabia (now E.B. Magalona) with Antonio Cabahug as the first gobernadorcillo. Cabahug was said to have brought the first sugarcane cuttings that were planted on the soil of Cadiz.
At the onset of the American rule, Cadiz was on its way to prosperity with the coming of two lumber companies to the area. Unluckily, one burned down in 1921, while the jurisdiction of the other lumber company, which became famous was transferred to Sagay.
On May 5, 1967 an event took place in the shores of Cadiz. Three whales landed in its shores.Each measuring forty feet long and eight feet in height, these mammals were said to have lost its course and found themselves in Cadiz shores. On May 10 of the same year, another group of nine was seen on the bay. Due to this incident Cadiz is identified today as the city of whales.
On July 4, 1967, Cadiz was inaugurated as a City with the approval of Republic Act 4894 in June 17, 1967 in Congress. The said Act was authored by then Congressman Armando C. Gustilo.
People of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Cadiz City Population (as of 2010 Census) = 151,500
- Cadiz City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 150,750
- Cadiz City Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 82,695
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government Officials of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines 2013-2016
- Mayor of Cadiz City: Patrick Guillen Escalante - LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE
- Vice-Mayor of Cadiz City: Samson "Jongben" Clavel Mirhan - LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE
- Councilor of Cadiz City:
- DECOLONGON, LILIA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 18983 9.93%
- METUDA, MARS (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 15948 8.34%
- CERVANTES, WILFREDO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 15576 8.15%
- DESUYO, OWEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 15572 8.15%
- GUANZON, SIXTO JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 15463 8.09%
- TABANAO, VICENTE WILLLIAM (LP) LIBERAL PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 14540 7.61%
- PUEY-HINOLAN, BAMBOO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 13987 7.32%
- LAMIS, ART (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 13772 7.21%
- MUSA, JUN (PDP) PARTIDO DEMOKRATIKO PILIPINO LAKAS NG BAYAN/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 13303 6.96%
- LACSON, DOVIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY/UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 12006 6.28%
- Elected Government Officials of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines 2010-2013
- Mayor of Cadiz City: Patrick Guillen Escalante
- Vice-Mayor of Cadiz City: Samson Clavel Mirhan
- Councilor of Cadiz City:
Barangay Elected Officials of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental
Businesses in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Cadiz City, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Cadiz City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
The schools in Cadiz City are:
Sports and Recreation in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Cadiz City.
- The name of your sports/recreation, address, phone number.
- Upload the picture of your place of sports or recreation.
Arts and Culture in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Paso Robles.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Paso Robles!
- Upload the pictures of your favorite Arts & Culture topic.
- Cadiz City Arts & Culture Photos
Economy of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Cadiz City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Cadiz City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Cadiz City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Cadiz City" page.
Natural Resources of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Cadiz City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Cadiz City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Cadiz City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Cadiznon is Cadiz City!
Held every last week of January, this festival is celebrated in honor of the city's patron, the Senior Sto. Nino (Holy Child Jesus). The celebration features several competitions in games and sports, beauty pageants, dog show, and a fluvial parade where the image of the Holy child Jesus is carried aboard a fishing boat lavishly decorated with flowers of varied colors. This boat is convoyed by many other fishing boats also beautifully decorated with flowers. The feast is highlighted by the Dinagsa (Ati-atihan) Contest which shows "Ati Tribes" garbed in their colorful and outlandish costumes which reflected the artistry, craftsmanship, and ingenuity of the Cadiznons dance to the fast and deafening beats of many drums while carrying the image of the Holy Child Jesus. .
City Charter Day
A four-day celebration which marks the anniversary of Cadiz as a city. The fete starts with an agro-industrial fair and exhibits, various sports tournaments and exhibitions games, nightly musical entertainment, street dancing, and presentations, beauty pageants, band competition. The festival is highlighted by a parade participated by government and non government organizations, all barangays and all schools in Cadiz City.
Pamaskua sa Cadiznon
This is the city's version of celebrating the Yuletide Season which starts on the 16th of December. The celebration kicks off with a Lantern Parade and Competition participated by the different schools in the city. Other activities include Cleanliness, Christmas Decoration, and Beautification Contest; a nightly Christmas musical presentation and entertainment at the public plaza. The celebration culminates with a gift-giving to the selected indigent residents in the city.
Your Story about Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Cadiz City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Cadiz City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Philippines, Russia forge new aviation deal
- Thursday, July 30, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines and Russia have inked a new air services agreement, expanding the number of flights between the two countries.
- The air services talks were held in Moscow from July 22 to 23 ........ Full Story»
- PH to ‘greatly benefit’ from IT trade accord
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:35 pm
- PHILIPPINE trade officials hailed the decision of the World Trade Organization (WTO) to eliminate the tariffs on a total of 201 products being manufactured under the information technology (IT) sector.
- The decision follows an accord reached by 54 WTO members last July 18 and was confirmed in a meeting held last July 24 at the WTO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Officials of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said the accord will greatly benefit the Philippines ........ Full Story»
- Festivals and Events in May
Pattaraday Festival-May 1–5(Santiago city) ★ Katagman Festival - May 3(Oton,Iloilo) ★ Panagat Festival-May 2–8 (Buruanga, Aklan) ★ Binatbatan Festival of the Arts - First week of May, Vigan City ★ Obando Fertility Rites - May 17, 18 & 19 Obando, Bulacan ★ Domorokdok Festival-May 4 Botolan Zambales ★ Bariw Festival- May 14–15 Nabas, Aklan ★ Pahiyas Festival - May 15, Lucban, Quezon ★ Agawan Festival - May 15, Sariaya, Quezon ★ Araquio Festival - May, Gen.Tinio, Nueva Ecija ★ Pasayahan sa Lucena (St. Ferdinand) -May 30, Lucena, Philippines ★ Samahang Bulaklakan Festival - Last Sunday of May, Siniloan, Laguna ★ Tapusan Float Parade Festival - May 31, Alitagtag, Batangas ★ Festivity of Saint Michael - May 7–8 San Miguel, Panganiban, Catanduanes [Louie B. dela Cruz] ★ Binirayan Festival - May 1, San Jose de Buenavista, Antique ★ Araña`t Baluarte Festival- May 15 Gumaca, Quezon ★ Pista ng Banal na Krus- Every 2nd Saturday of May, Tanza, Navotas City ★ Pangisraan Festival- May 1–10 Calatrava, Romblon ★ Ati-atihan Festival - Last Saturday of May - Brgy. 7, Fermont Village, Victorias City, Neg. Occ. ★ Pastulan Festival- Every 2nd Saturday of May. San Pascual, Batangas
- Over 30 records established in Speedo long course national swim
- Thursday, July 30, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Jules Ong, Hannah Dato, Axel Ngui and Kirsten Chloe Daos led the assault on swim marks as they dominated the sixth Speedo Long Course National Championships at the Rizal Memorial Complex in Manila recently.
- Ong, last year’s Milo Outstanding Athlete awardee and a Palarong Pambansa veteran, set four new records, including a 2:17.72 clocking in the 200m free, while Dato, a former Milo Little Olympics best swimmer, recorded three marks 800m free (9:27.37), 100m free (0:59.35) and 400m free (4:34.37) ................................ Full Story»
Cadiz City News
PIA Press Release
Rotary donates books to Cadiz City
Bacolod City (31 August2007) -- The Rotary Club of Bacolod South (RCBS), in partnership with the Rotary Club of Langley Central Vancouver, Canada, recently donated 300 boxes in two truckloads of books to the city government of Cadiz.
The books, mostly for elementary and high school students, arrived in time for the city library that had its rehabilitation and renovation program early next year.
Cadiz City Mayor Salvador Escalante thanked the officer of the RCBS for their concern and generosity to the Cadizenos.
Jabez Alvarez, project coordinator said they chose the city of Cadiz as recipient of the books in recognition of the programs of Mayor Salvador Escalante and his commitment to education.
Families of Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Cadiz City.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE |
Why Z-Wiki Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines?
We want to give the people of Cadiz City the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Cadiz City is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Cadiz City participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Cadiz City.
Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Cadiz City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Cadiz City, Negros Occidental Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com appreciates your donations. We also affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.